PDA

View Full Version : Israel article

tetsujin1979
20/07/2005, 1:18 PM
on uefa.com today, interesting history of the coach

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/WorldCup/news/Kind=8192/newsId=318298.html

Stuttgart88
20/07/2005, 1:50 PM
Brian Kerr's CV would read equally well. I doubt Grant has as much criticism coming his way though. I think Grant has had that bit of luck which Kerr has rarely had. I still can't believe what happened on June 4th, and back in March. Many of us - me included - think Kerr's judgment was questionable but 99 times out of 100 you'd still expect to get away with it.

I think it's fair to say that Grant has exceeded expectations to date whereas Kerr has done the opposite in my view. When I compare all the competitive results I'd have expected from Ireland aganst the results we've actually achieved I think we're a few shots over par now. 3 holes left though!

ThatGuy
20/07/2005, 2:03 PM
I like Kerr and I think that he was the right man for the job and will do a great job. Though considering how idiots hounded Mick McCarthy throughout his Irish career Kerr will inevitably suffer the same fate.

Stuttgart88
20/07/2005, 2:23 PM
I like Kerr and I think that he was the right man for the job and will do a great job. Though considering how idiots hounded Mick McCarthy throughout his Irish career Kerr will inevitably suffer the same fate.

I like Kerr and I think he was the right man for the job, and I hope he will go on to do a great job.

I also agree that there's a large element of the Irish soccer public that is never happy unless they're moaning or calling for someone's head. But there's still scope to objectively mark the guy's card and it's by no means all positive.