PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst

Roo69
20/07/2005, 1:15 PM
The Herald have a few pages about the best and worst players to play for all eL clubs, as voted for by fans........

Bohs
Best - Dave Tilson
Worst - Paul McDermott

Bray
Best - Colm Tresson
Worst - Juan Panesso

Cork
Best - Dave Barry
Worst - Liam O'Brien

Derry
Best - Liam Coyle
Worst - Kwame Cruden

Drogs
Best - Martin Donnelly
Worst - Peter Barnes

Harps
Best - Jonathan Speak
Worst - Jason Lydiate

Longfod
Best - Stephen O'Brien
Worst - Sini Savic

St. Pats
Best - Paul Osam
Worst - Martin Garratt

Shels
Best - Tony Sheridan
Worst - Neil Trebble

Rovers
Best - Pat Byrne
Worst - Zsolt Torok

UCD
Best - Mick O'Byrne
Worst - Robbie Dunne

Waterford
Best - Alife Hale
Worst - Jason Kibia

Bald Student
20/07/2005, 1:24 PM
The Herald have a few pages about the best and worst players to play for all eL clubs, as voted for by fans........I've two issues with you there:
1. Not all eL clubs. Only premier clubs.
2. When did us fans vote for this? I certainly never voted.

pete
20/07/2005, 1:25 PM
Always easier to pick the best as worst could have only played a few minutes.

Can't argue with City selection, Dave Barry a legend & Liam O'Brien worst high profile player.

ThatGuy
20/07/2005, 1:26 PM
Moronic.

Dave Tilson Bohs' best ever player? I don't think so.

Liam O'Brien Cork City's worst ever player? I don't think so.

They must have gotten some cabbages to vote.

Roo69
20/07/2005, 1:26 PM
I've two issues with you there:
1. Not all eL clubs. Only premier clubs.

Jesus would you relax ! right - PREMIER DIVISION CLUBS ONLY
did i vote for it either? no, as im sure many of the lads on here didnt, just re-writing what they sent to print

To quote the herald:

"To discover the best and worst nof Irelands top clubs we amassed a nationwide panel of experts from fans to make ther nominstions"

Schumi
20/07/2005, 1:30 PM
I wonder what fans they asked about this. I heard nothing, did they ask supporters' clubs or other fans' groups? I can't imagine too many UCD fans voting Robbie Dunne as our worst ever player.

patsh
20/07/2005, 1:32 PM
More invention from the O'Reilly stable...........:rolleyes:

LFC in Exile
20/07/2005, 1:34 PM
Jason Kabia the worst ever to play for Waterford? He played for Cork too so I guess the standard in Waaaaterford is a lot higher than City.....

The best player ever to play for Limerick was apparently Andy McEvoy (for old lads) but in "recent" times I suppose it would Eoin Hand. The worst was a lad I saw in United Park a few years ago and hadn't seen before and haven't seen since. He came on for about 30 minutes and he was so bad I reckoned he had driven the bus up and was promised a game. :D

ThatGuy
20/07/2005, 1:53 PM
Bohs best ever, Kevin Hunt. Worst ever, although he was recent I think that Jimmy Aggrey really was the worst player that I have ever seen.

harpskid
20/07/2005, 1:55 PM

A fan from each club was asked to put a piece together - I did the Harps one. Had actually forgotten about it until now.

Slash/ED
20/07/2005, 1:58 PM
Best - Tony Sheridan

And apparently soon could be going down as Rovers worst.

BohDiddley
20/07/2005, 2:08 PM
Bohs best ever, Kevin Hunt. Worst ever, although he was recent I think that Jimmy Aggrey really was the worst player that I have ever seen.
Unfair!
Jimmy scored against the shams ;) when no one else could even land one on target for us. And he scored more than Glen Crowe! :D

Éanna
20/07/2005, 2:22 PM
Would agree with O'Brien as our worst- talented he may have been, but he was awful and so, so lazy

De Town
20/07/2005, 2:26 PM
couldnt argue with Digger being the best and that german fcuker being the worst....did 1 good thing in his town career, came off the bench on his debut to equalise up in Derry......after that, it was all down hill :mad:

GavinZac
20/07/2005, 8:35 PM
stupid bloody waterford, kabia was the best thing that happened to them

pineapple stu
21/07/2005, 12:21 AM
The UCD
Worst - Robbie Dunne

I can actually guess who said that. And it's utter nonsense!

geysir
21/07/2005, 1:24 AM
Jason Kabia the worst ever to play for Waterford? He played for Cork too so I guess the standard in Waaaaterford is a lot higher than City.....

The best player ever to play for Limerick was apparently Andy McEvoy (for old lads) but in "recent" times I suppose it would Eoin Hand. The worst was a lad I saw in United Park a few years ago and hadn't seen before and haven't seen since. He came on for about 30 minutes and he was so bad I reckoned he had driven the bus up and was promised a game. Fitzpatrick; Nolan, Nodwell, O'Mahoney,Storan; Hand, Duggan, Hulmes, Walsh; Kennedy, Matthews. Subs: Meaney for Hand; Morris for Duggan :D

I see that Hand was substituted in that team you selected, therfore he wasn't irreplacable. Surely your best player beyond any doubt was Al Finucane, he was just entering his prime when he hit 40.http://foot.ie/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=315638#

LFC in Exile
21/07/2005, 9:02 AM
I see that Hand was substituted in that team you selected, therfore he wasn't irreplacable. Surely your best player beyond any doubt was Al Finucane, he was just entering his prime when he hit 40.

Yes, Al Finucane would be a candidate. Not only was Hand substituted that day (when we almost beat Real Madrid) - but he was player-manager. So in effect he substituted himself. Modest as well.... :)

NY Hoop
21/07/2005, 12:24 PM
Always easier to pick the best as worst could have only played a few minutes.

Can't argue with City selection, Dave Barry a legend & Liam O'Brien worst high profile player.

That is without the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Liamo the worst player for cork? :mad: I have been travelling down there for 15 years to see the Hoops and during the bishopstown days you had some absolute appalling players that were flown every week.

Also saw Liamo in his prime and play for his country and when he played against us for cork he stood out as the classiest player ye had.

Someone else here says he was lazy. So was Tony Sheridan and Mark Kenny but it certainly does not mean they were the worst players to wear their clubs jersies.

Saw the bit at the end saying that he was a "jackeen". Yeah thats a good reason :rolleyes:

KOH

LFC in Exile
21/07/2005, 12:55 PM
Liam O'Brien worse than Jason Kabia. Hmmmmm. :)

kevincronin2000
21/07/2005, 5:28 PM
Kabia was lucky only to be included once, he could easy have overtaken Liam O'Brien.

Éanna
21/07/2005, 5:34 PM
That is without the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Liamo the worst player for cork? :mad: I have been travelling down there for 15 years to see the Hoops and during the bishopstown days you had some absolute appalling players that were flown every week.

Also saw Liamo in his prime and play for his country and when he played against us for cork he stood out as the classiest player ye had.

Someone else here says he was lazy. So was Tony Sheridan and Mark Kenny but it certainly does not mean they were the worst players to wear their clubs jersies.

Saw the bit at the end saying that he was a "jackeen". Yeah thats a good reason :rolleyes:

KOH
The simple fact is that he was paid a lot of money and he didn't perform. That makes him the worst in my book, and there's a lot of people who'd agree on that.