PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious stuff from the Sun...

onenilgameover
20/07/2005, 7:41 AM
Anyone catch The Sun's Article on the relationship between Alan Moore and Curtis Flemming when they were at Milddlesbrough. Has a short written piece which of course is pants and then a has two pictures to make the article stand out... ye know look great. The picture on the right is a picture of Alan Moore in black and white and the picture on the left in full colour is..................of wait for it ....................................its of Clinton Morrison!and not Curtis Flemming. Come on now how many black players have ever played for Ireland?

(BTW) Didn't buy The Sun....it was on the desk at work I swear!

Peadar
20/07/2005, 8:51 AM
wait for it ....................................its of Clinton Morrison!and not Curtis Flemming.

I was reading something about Gary Kelly being targetted as part of an insurance scam by Leeds United and they had a picture of Ian Harte.
:rolleyes:

gustavo
20/07/2005, 9:06 AM
yeah i saw that bit of a feck up by the sun there!
of course it must have been from that time curtis played up front for us wearing number 9 :)

Schumi
20/07/2005, 1:11 PM
A few years back, some paper had a piece on Alan Mahon who was with Blackburn at the time and they had a picture of UCD's Alan Mahon beside it. :D

Seano
20/07/2005, 1:32 PM
The best ever was top of the pops, with Dexys Mightnight Runners singing 'Jackie Wilson says' and for the backdrop the BBC had a massive picture of darts player Jockie Wilson hanging up.

superfrank
20/07/2005, 4:45 PM
The picture on the right is a picture of Alan Moore in black and white and the picture on the left in full colour is..................of wait for it ....................................its of Clinton Morrison!and not Curtis Flemming. Come on now how many black players have ever played for Ireland?
McGrath, Phelan, Houghton, Babb........

Ther's a fair few.

hamish
20/07/2005, 5:04 PM
It reminds me of a game in Landsdowne a good few years ago. Y'know when you get fans there with tickets they got from some company or other.. one lady asked "Is that Paul McGrath?" and she was pointing at Phill Babb. :D

pete
20/07/2005, 5:51 PM
Hmmm...dunno really, you see I see the player and not the colour

;)

Isn't that just because you are colour blind? :D

Superhoops
20/07/2005, 11:24 PM
McGrath, Phelan, Houghton, Babb........

Ther's a fair few.
Didn't know Ray was black!!!

De Town
20/07/2005, 11:33 PM
i'd say he means hughton. ;)

pegan
21/07/2005, 11:02 AM
Houghton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear :p

superfrank
21/07/2005, 11:05 AM
Chris Houghton, the assistant manager??

macdermesser
21/07/2005, 11:27 AM
Chris Hughton .. right back team versus England in Stuttgart

superfrank
21/07/2005, 11:30 AM
I'm not old enough to remember but maybe, I know he played for us in the eighties anyway. He's the assistant to Brian and also the Spurs assistant.

pegan
21/07/2005, 1:48 PM
might not have had the skill of some but by God did Chris run and chase for the ball

I still believe that regardless of how good an opposition player is internationally, players like Houghton and Hughton, like terrior dogs at your heels, even the best Dutch and English players made mistakes to our advantage,,,, remember the England Ireland game in Wembley!!!! :rolleyes:

sligoman
21/07/2005, 1:52 PM
Superfrank, you said Houghton, which people thought was Ray Houghton. That's why they were confused :D.

You meant Chris Hughton(different spelling you see) :D

Schumi
21/07/2005, 2:01 PM
Yeah, they spell and pronounce their names differently. :D

superfrank
21/07/2005, 5:59 PM
I already stated I wasn't around in the days of Chris Hughton, I'm sure you don't want me to get into the exact location of where I was......

I grew up when Ray Houghton was still playing, in fact my earliest footballing memory is his goal against Italy at Giant's stadium.

I'm showing my youth, apologoies. :o

sligoman
21/07/2005, 11:52 PM
I'm sure you don't want me to get into the exact location of where I was......

Yes I do, please elaborate:confused: :D

superfrank
22/07/2005, 12:21 PM
Yes I do, please elaborate:confused: :D
I'm only 17 now, use your imagination.

sligoman
23/07/2005, 1:42 AM
I'm only 17 now, use your imagination.

I knew that frank, I was only messing with ya!:rolleyes: :D.

superfrank
23/07/2005, 10:52 AM
I knew that frank, I was only messing with ya!:rolleyes: :D.
You can never be too sure with Sligo-types! :D :eek:

sligoman
23/07/2005, 1:00 PM
You can never be too sure with Sligo-types! :D :eek:

:p :D

Aldini98
27/07/2005, 12:49 PM

Think you'll find he played at Left full against England with Chris Morris at Right full. :)

Metrostars
27/07/2005, 2:09 PM
More magic from the sun:

'ROY KEANE’S Manchester United career hit rock bottom last night with a 45-minute reserve-team outing against little Rossendale United. And his night was made even worse when kick-off was delayed by 40 minutes due to the team bus being caught up in a traffic jam on the way to Rossendale’s Dark Lane ground! Keane, 33, has been forced to train with United’s reserves after missing out on the club’s Far East tour following a reported bust-up with boss Alex Ferguson. Fergie has claimed the Irishman was left behind in order to cure a hamstring injury sustained in training three weeks ago. But while his team-mates were 5,000 miles away in Beijing, Keane was forced to face Rossendale’s £50-a-game part-timers at their tiny ground....

Noelys Guitar
30/07/2005, 12:34 PM
Hughton made his debut against the US in Dalymount in 1979. US 2 up at one stage. Then we made a great comback and won 3-2. ****ing rain on a bank holiday! Always remember Hughton's clearance off the line against Belgium away. Very good player in his time.

Stuttgart88
01/08/2005, 7:27 AM
Very good player in his time.
Agreed.

A very highly qualified coach too, not that that counts for anything by itself. A future Ireland manager maybe?