PDA

View Full Version : Any problem with French tickets for Ireland v France game?

Barbie
19/07/2005, 5:44 PM
Hi Folks,

Tickets for this game seem to be as rare as hens teeth :(

I'm wondering if it's worth asking a collegue in France to try to get me a couple of tickets from the FFF for the French end?

I've never tried to get tickets from the oppositions allocation before for a home game and am wondering if anyone else here is trying this and is there lightly to be any problems getting into the french section of the ground on someone elses ticket as I'll be so obviously not French ;)

Thanks,

Barbie

onenilgameover
20/07/2005, 7:47 AM
This is probably gonna be your best bet. However the French will definitely take their full alocation. You will need to have someone one has already lined up a few tickets and is not gonna travel. I know a few people are trying to get tickets through the FF but haven't heard anything. If you do get a ticket, I cant imagine there being too much of a problem...Although I would n't come dressed in a Leprechaun suit not because the French would take offense but becaue ye just might get hassle from the Stewards.

jbyrne
20/07/2005, 10:27 AM
This is probably gonna be your best bet. However the French will definitely take their full alocation. You will need to have someone one has already lined up a few tickets and is not gonna travel.

i wouldnt be so sure that the french will take their full allocation. they dont usually travel for away games in large numbers. in fact we nearly outnumbered them in their own stadium last year! as far as i remember the only away fans who took their full allocation in recent years were the dutch and they always travel. i think the fact that its a wednesday will put a lot of french fans off coming also. i'd say no more than 1,500 of them will come

stickyjoe
20/07/2005, 10:38 AM
cant remember any other teams besides the dutch taking the full allocation in the last few years but there is a huge french community living in ireland now who could be after the tickets as well

markmc
21/07/2005, 3:34 PM
i reckon there will be some made available before the game in order to keep the touts at bay!!!! keep an eye on the usual legimate sales places etc!!!!

cullenswood
21/07/2005, 9:31 PM
i reckon there will be some made available before the game in order to keep the touts at bay!!!! keep an eye on the usual legimate sales places etc!!!!

No chance, can't remember this ever happening for an Ireland internationl??

markmc
22/07/2005, 8:38 AM
sadly true!!!!!!

i've already seen a few advertized in buy and sell :(

have the physical tickets been issued yet?

onenilgameover
22/07/2005, 9:48 AM
Tickets have been issued yeah long time ago. Johnny D wanted his money so we coughed up. I cant imagine the FAI recieving any tickets back from the French that will go on general sale. Either the French will take em or the Irish as we usually do will get them from over there. It will be very hard to get your hands on a ticket for this one. :mad:

fosterdollar
22/07/2005, 9:59 AM
Corporate ireland is taking it's toll. Was talking to a girl in work yesterday and she reckons she has a good few already and if you're really stuck her Da can get more :rolleyes:

elroy
22/07/2005, 10:47 AM
sadly true!!!!!!

i've already seen a few advertized in buy and sell :(

have the physical tickets been issued yet?

ya and did you see the price they are looking for them, ****es me off.

I hope the french wont take up their allocation but i think they will.
The FAI phone lines will be jammed that morning if any go on sale.
Ive tried to apply for tickets through the FFF but havent heard anything back yet.

And as for the extra being put on sale to prevent touts, dont think thats ever happened and its extremely unlikely this time.

NeilMcD
22/07/2005, 1:08 PM
THe Fai have made tickets available for every home game in in the last 3 years as no team (maybe Switzerland not sure )has taken up their full allocation since the Dutch. They make them available to people on the block booking waiting list. If you are on this list it is possible that you may get offered tickets but only if the away team does not take up their allocation.

Conor H
23/07/2005, 5:59 PM
i wouldnt be so sure that the french will take their full allocation. they dont usually travel for away games in large numbers. in fact we nearly outnumbered them in their own stadium last year! as far as i remember the only away fans who took their full allocation in recent years were the dutch and they always travel. i think the fact that its a wednesday will put a lot of french fans off coming also. i'd say no more than 1,500 of them will come
I thought the game was on Saturday the 3rd.

Superhoops
23/07/2005, 8:15 PM
I thought the game was on Saturday the 3rd.
Wednesday 7th. The group fixture list has only been around since February 2004!

gspain
25/07/2005, 8:51 AM
Munster rugby fans have been doing this for years. There won't be any problems either.

I reckon most of the French end will be Irish. they don't travel. There were more Irish fans at Israel v France than French fans.

However I imagine you would need to move fast to get them.

Concert promoters might hold back tickets but the F.A.I. do not. They do sell returns from away fans but there won't be any this time.

elroy
25/07/2005, 9:19 AM
Is it just me or does there always seem to be a major influx of new posters on here whenever tickets get scarce.
I can just picture the scene now at Corporate Dublin Company plc......

DECLAN: I hear you love football, sorry soccer, Jack .....

JACK: Oh ya, for sure, especially when we qualify for the big tournaments.

DECLAN: Have you had any luck getting tickets for the France match?

JACK: But the Six Nations is ages away.

DECLAN: No, I mean the World Cup qualifier.

JACK: We have to qualify?

DECLAN: Yes and tickets are really scarce. Ronan in accounts says there's a website called footie dot com or something where they actually sell tickets at face value to each other.

JACK: Gosh, what idiots. I'll give it a try.

And what about Fionn and Fintan.............who dont even know what the Eircom league is. Annoys me when you look round at an Ireland qualifier and see people who you just know havent the foggiest whats going on and just got tickets through work or daddy or ............*******s :mad:

Neil- I sure hope your right about the fai offering the tickets to those on the waiting list. Whats the allocation likely to be to the french??? 4/5k?
I remember getting tickets for the Albania/Georgia/Russia games when the fai just put the returned tickets on sale one morning, dont think they offered the tickets to those on the list beforehand back then.

markmc
25/07/2005, 10:31 AM
the game really should be played at choke park, might fit a lot more of us in there!!!!! Called the FAI and they said there's not chance of any tickets from them :(

cullenswood
25/07/2005, 10:41 AM
the game really should be played at choke park, might fit a lot more of us in there!!!!! Called the FAI and they said there's not chance of any tickets from them :(

Disagree there, think we have a better chance of beating the in LR. Remember Arsenal playing in Wembly?

elroy
25/07/2005, 11:04 AM
Disagree there, think we have a better chance of beating the in LR. Remember Arsenal playing in Wembly?

Totally agree, id rather not be and ireland win. Wouldnt like our first game in croker to be a massive qualifier or a play off. Without doubt we have a better chance if its played in lansdowne.

Schumi
25/07/2005, 1:29 PM
Whats the allocation likely to be to the french??? 4/5k?
I remember getting tickets for the Albania/Georgia/Russia games when the fai just put the returned tickets on sale one morning, dont think they offered the tickets to those on the list beforehand back then.
The away allocation is 10% of the ground so about 3,500.

I don't think the FAI were offering tickets to people on the waiting list at all back then (even for friendlies). That only started with the Brazil match I think.

gspain
25/07/2005, 3:09 PM
My understanding is that at least some "French" supporters have been informed of their ticket allocation and payment is being taken for the Irish game. 33 euro a pop and no problem in getting decent numbers of tickets.

Note I didn't apply but know people who did although I imagine all will be pretty coy until the tickets are in the lámh.

No idea if there is still time but I'd recommend any "French" fans with a French address to apply asap. It may also be worth any French people here trying the embassy and they might get tickets for their Irish spouse and 6 kids too.

Sad thing is I reckon the touts have probably been on to this one too.

I imagine a Swiss address or a Swiss passport holder will be a bit trickier but still time here although there are a few diehard fans living in France. ;)

gspain
26/07/2005, 7:28 AM
It staggers and infuriates me that the touts manage to get their filthy scum hands on Ireland tickets. Surely there is a better system?

I have no info to suggest that the touts are on to this however I expect they would be wise to this. I wouldn't be surprised if a few travel agents here were on to it too.

I did post this idea here a few times in recent months. It was open to anybody to exploit although I'm surprised at the numbers given out to people. I imagine the French Federation have not yet got 3,500 applications so were happy to accomodate groups of "French" fans travelling together.

For a Heineken Cup rugby quarter final in Thomond Park Stade Francais sold 3,000 tickets in a few hours in Paris. There were less than 30 French fans at the game. One Limerick rugby club literally bought hundreds of tickets and subsequently sold them for a handsome profit.

The French sell their home tickets through the equivalent of Ticketmaster so have no record of block bookers etc. They only bring a handful of fans to away games normally even to the world cup in korea so they would have no idea that "Jacques Soap" applying with a Paris address is really Paddy Murphy from Limerick.

Anybody care to get a French mate to ring the Federation now and see what the current story is?

I iamgine there is still time to get Swiss tickets - again ideally using a Swiss address however I imagine they'd sell to France and Germany particularly regions near the border.

Rebal Boy
26/07/2005, 12:08 PM
Lads I'm looking for 4 tickets. I know it sounds like a lot but one is for me one for my Dad and two for my friends. If anyone can help send me a PM please. I'd be greatful if ye did.

Drumcondra Red
26/07/2005, 4:47 PM
2 would do me ideally!!!

Although, having said that 1 would be just as good!!! ;)

tiktok
26/07/2005, 4:56 PM
I'll add my name to the list of the begging.

I'm looking for one ticket, anywhere will do, PM's greatly appreciated. :)

MarkyH
26/07/2005, 10:44 PM
According to the French Football Federation (FFF.FR) there are still 1500 tickets available for the match. You can apply by downloading a PDF form and faxing/posting it to to the FFF. You must have a French address and passport/national identity card no. The deadline for applications is 5th August and the tickets will be posted on 15th August. The cost is 33€ & 15€ delivery charge. There is a limit of 10 tickets per person.

So it looks like the French are having problems selling the tickets. The limit of 10 tickets will also facilitate touts :mad: Now to find a French person to get me a couple of tickets :confused:

onenilgameover
27/07/2005, 2:41 AM
According to the French Football Federation (FFF.FR) there are still 1500 tickets available for the match. You can apply by downloading a PDF form and faxing/posting it to to the FFF. You must have a French address and passport/national identity card no. The deadline for applications is 5th August and the tickets will be posted on 15th August. The cost is 33€ & 15€ delivery charge. There is a limit of 10 tickets per person.

So it looks like the French are having problems selling the tickets. The limit of 10 tickets will also facilitate touts :mad: Now to find a French person to get me a couple of tickets :confused:

Great to get that info...cheers for that...However I presume that will be an ideal avenue for touts who seem to have an endless supply of contacts. I reckon they 1500 will go by the 5th. At least they're looking for id.

Dotsy
27/07/2005, 8:32 AM
I've asked a guy I do business with in Paris to apply for 10 tickets. I only need two at the moment. I may not even need them if a mate comes through with tickets for the Irish section. If the guy in Paris gets any through the FFF I'll post if I have any spare (face value)

Drumcondra Red
27/07/2005, 8:34 AM
With myself, Tiktoc and Rebal Boy gettinf first refusal??? ;)

elroy
27/07/2005, 8:52 AM

Yip im ahead of ya, have sent in an application. A friend of mine who lives here is french so he's applied for a few tickets so fingers crossed. If i do manage to get a few ill let ye know.

Dotsy
27/07/2005, 8:53 AM
With myself, Tiktoc and Rebal Boy gettinf first refusal??? ;)

No problem. I've no idea how many he will get if any but if I don't need them you three are welcome to them.

Drumcondra Red
27/07/2005, 11:00 AM
God your beautiful Dotsy :D

tiktok
27/07/2005, 12:31 PM
No problem. I've no idea how many he will get if any but if I don't need them you three are welcome to them.

Sound Dotsy, much appreciated

keenanboy
28/07/2005, 7:59 PM
good to see there's a few decent skins left

MarkyH
29/07/2005, 11:57 PM
Only 900 tickets now still available. If anyone does gets a spare off the FFF, I certainly would appreciate it.

onenilgameover
30/07/2005, 1:48 AM
:ball: I'd be in the market for a single one meself if there's any going. Can't believe there seems to be some floating around. :)

elroy
02/08/2005, 8:55 AM
Only 900 tickets now still available. If anyone does gets a spare off the FFF, I certainly would appreciate it.

Whats the chances of gettin tickets applying with an Irish passport??? They might feel sorry for us :p

elroy
04/08/2005, 11:09 AM
There do not remain any more places on sale for the qualificative meeting for the World cup 2006, République of Ireland-France of Wednesday September 7 in Dublin. These tickets had been put on sale by the FFF and only reserved at French general public. All orders arrived before 12h00 this Thursday August 4 will be satisfied.

From the FFF website translated via altavista.
Hopefully we've managed to pick up a few and maybe with a bit of luck there will be some returned which the fai might put on sale - heres hoping!

SummervilleRule
09/08/2005, 11:06 AM
Tickets are currently being sent out. My Dominican Rep buddy living in France got me six tickets and told me this morning that they are on the way to his address. Happy days :)

elroy
10/08/2005, 4:18 PM
Tickets are currently being sent out. My Dominican Rep buddy living in France got me six tickets and told me this morning that they are on the way to his address. Happy days :)

ill give ya my right arm for one, might even throw in the leg as well. :o

keenanboy
10/08/2005, 5:59 PM
Forget your leg I'll throw in my head for 1!!!!

Kingdom
10/08/2005, 6:07 PM
Since there seems to be 5/6 people with applications for 10 tickets, and of those 10 people only needing half of the allocation that leaves about 50 spares. And seeing as there have only been 8/9 people looking for one ticket each, that leaves quite a few over. In other words,

Can I have one please? :D

Barbie
12/08/2005, 4:28 PM
Just heard today that my contact in France got our tickets and they are on the way. Sounds like there's going to be plenty of you lot in the French End :D

The French Team might be well up for it this time with some of the old guard returning to try to rescue their campaign.

C u all at the match.

Barbie

daithid2000
14/08/2005, 11:34 AM
Since there seems to be 5/6 people with applications for 10 tickets, and of those 10 people only needing half of the allocation that leaves about 50 spares. And seeing as there have only been 8/9 people looking for one ticket each, that leaves quite a few over. In other words,

Can I have one please? :D

I might as well chance my arm and stake a claim for one if there is a spare one going.

MarkyH
14/08/2005, 7:31 PM
I might as well throw my name into the hat for any spare "French" tickets that may be around.

Irish Pride
14/08/2005, 10:20 PM
Willing to do anything for just 1 ticket for the french match. If anyone has a spare ticket.....please sir......can i have one. :(

Green Tribe
14/08/2005, 11:23 PM
er......me too I'll bring my pet frog, Julien :D :eek:

markmc
15/08/2005, 2:42 PM
so?????????? is there any spares??

soooooooooooooooooo desperate...................:(