PDA

View Full Version : Are we safe?

Poor Student
19/07/2005, 5:11 PM
There is/are some guy(s) making odd comments on this board about very few clubs being safe from the revenue and our club is not on the list of those. Is there anything to substantiate this rumour? Could we possibly be cooking our books? :confused:

Bald Student
19/07/2005, 5:37 PM
I challenged WAR to back up his comments in another thread and he has so far declined to do so.

The club submits accounts annually to the Athletic Union Council in the university as part of the proceadure to apply for a grant. The make up of the committee is quite diverse and I'd be surprised if they were involved in any type of cover up. -I'm thinking of running the committee myself this year so as I can read the accounts out of noseyness.-

Also, a full time student can earn a 13,000 tax free scholarship, add a tax free allounce on top of that and you'll find thet the club is liable for very little tax anyway.

Poor Student
19/07/2005, 5:44 PM
You mean running for? How does one do that? I assume the club doesn't even make taxable profits anyway?

Bald Student
19/07/2005, 5:52 PM
You mean running for? How does one do that?I do, of course. I'm involved with one of the other sports clubs. Tax on wages is the issue, we can be quite sure the club doesn't make a profit.

pineapple stu
19/07/2005, 5:54 PM
we can be quite sure the club doesn't make a profit.
I assume we break even at least though? Obviously, there's no need for clubs to be making profits when they could spend the money on ground upgrades, better players, etc.

Poor Student
19/07/2005, 5:54 PM
I do, of course. I'm involved with one of the other sports clubs. Tax on wages is the issue, we can be quite sure the club doesn't make a profit.

Alright, thanks for clarifying that! Sounds like an error of omission by WAR as it seems physically impossible for us to be in trouble with the revenue.

CollegeTillIDie
19/07/2005, 10:35 PM
`College' Probably the most solvent club in the League :)