PDA

View Full Version : Draw For Europe?????????????

Pauro 76
18/06/2001, 10:51 AM
Alright folks, just to ask what time will the results of the UEFA Cup draw be put onto the website at? The suspense is killing me....
:)
and also hopefully Cork's fortunes will reverse against Metal Lugs...

pete
18/06/2001, 5:26 PM
...one from the teams below. Who ye fancy?

AEK Athens Gre
Club Brugge Bel
Dinamo Zagreb Cro
Grazer AK Aut
Brøndby IF Den
Rapid Wien Aut
Helsingborg IF Swe
Varteks Varazdin Cro
NK Osijek Cro
Gaziantepspor Tur
Viking Stavanger Nor
Legia Warsaw Pol
Maritimo Funchal Por
FC Sankt Gallen Sui
Rapid Bucuresti Rom
Dinamo Tbilisi Geo
Kilmarnock Sco
Standard Liege Bel
CSKA Kiev Ukr
CW or UC1 Yug
Hellsinki Fin
CSKA Sofia Bul
Olimpija Ljubljana Slo
Dinamo Bucuresti Rom
DVSC Debrecen Hun
IF Elfsborg Swe
Maccabi Tel-Aviv Isr
Polonia Warsaw Pol
Pogon Szczecin Pol
FC Midtjylland Den
Slovan Bratislava Svk
FC Brasov Rom
FK Obilic Yug
UC2 Hun
Apollon Limassol Cyp
SCP Ruzomberok Svk
Matador Púchov Svk
Hapoel Tel-Aviv Isr
Lovech Bul
Nova Gorica Slo

James
18/06/2001, 5:28 PM
As soon as i hear anything i will post it here.
the draw btw is liveon www.uefa.com

good luck to longford
there are alot of horrible eastern european teams for ye to avoid for the away leg

Pauro 76
18/06/2001, 5:31 PM
Bring on Appollon Limasol of Cyprus!!! Stuey Byrne specials in the sun....Sweden, Denmark and Finland sound tempting enough too... :cool:

joe
18/06/2001, 5:34 PM
I see Cork City's Ukrainian pals CSCA Kyiv are in there.

James
18/06/2001, 5:35 PM
they're no friends of ours:mad: :mad:

pete
18/06/2001, 5:44 PM
I'd love to see Longford to progress to the next round but failing that hopefully if they get a hard draw they'll get a win or even @ least a draw at home.

After ranking 28th last year the eL teams badly need a similar performance in Europe. The only way the eL can be judged is unfortunately by the clubs performances in Europe.

Éanna
18/06/2001, 6:46 PM
Yeah, I can see longford doing well. Hopefully, we'll build on the eL clubs performances from last year.

Macy
19/06/2001, 10:09 AM
From this round we need someone beatable - this round doesn't count for the coefficient does it? Failing that somewhere that we can go for a weeks sun, sea, sex and stuie's (byrne specials).
btw I see UC2 Hun are in the draw - and there was me thinking we would avoid rangers.....;)

pete
19/06/2001, 11:46 AM
All round of the UEFA CUP & CL count for the rankings so you've got a duty to the league Longford.
The Inter-toto cup doesn't count for any rankings.

Macy
19/06/2001, 12:32 PM
I didn't think Bowez win over Aberdeen counted, I thought it was the result in Germany. I stand to be corrected, but I thought it was the competitions proper, rather than the qualifying rounds (hence $hel$ didn't improve there coefficient last season). :confused:
btw Obviously we our it to our selves to give a good account.

pete
19/06/2001, 12:42 PM
Don't want to bore you or myself either but basically - qualifying round count but you only get 1/2 the points of the 'proper' rounds.

For more info check out...
Euro Cup stato site (http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/rank99.html)

38th Ireland 0.333 0.166 0.500 0.333 1.666 = 2.998

Because of all those draws & a few wins got 1.666 points last year so similar performances over the next few years will bring the rankings up gradually. Theres still a decent gap though to move up to near the high 30's which means glorious defeats are feck all us, better to get beaten in 1 leg & win the other.

Teams use their countries coeffient unless their own is greater. So Longford use the eL ranking & Bohs use their own.

Macy
19/06/2001, 12:48 PM
I knew that Bohs have their own, and us and $hel$ use the average. Pity Bohs ****ed Roddy, cos I would have fancied them to do even better this year...

pete
19/06/2001, 4:53 PM
Longford could be in the following pool of 8 teams, they play one of the seeded teams (i think)

Seeded teams:
Club Brugge
CSKA Kiev :p
CSKA Sofia
Lovech Bulgaria

Unseeded:
Lokomotivi Tiblisi
Longford Town
Cwbran Town
SK Tirana

Thats my guesstimate anyway ;)

Macy
19/06/2001, 5:04 PM
Is it not just a draw to see who's in each group or is it based on coefficients i.e. do the teams with the strongest coefficients get to play the teams with the weakest? If not how can you guess?
:confused: :confused: :confused: