PDA

View Full Version : Soccerbot.coms predicted Final league table

gustavo
18/07/2005, 12:29 PM
http://www.soccerbot.com/fai/tables/irprem2005.htm

in the right hand side a bit of the way down

pineapple stu
18/07/2005, 12:30 PM
Harps to get two more points and Waterford six more for the rest of the season?! What are they basing that on?

(Well, OK, probably fact for Waterford...!)

superfrank
18/07/2005, 12:34 PM
Yes!! We'll stay up!

ThatGuy
18/07/2005, 1:22 PM
So Finn Harps only get two more points this season?

six flags
18/07/2005, 1:27 PM
Usually i would be outraged at that prediction but after watching us against Bohs....well it could be right :(

fosterdollar
18/07/2005, 1:48 PM
That table changes constantly and never looks likely until the revisions of the last few weeks of the season. It's probably only based on the form table to the left and the points average of the team at that particular time.

Risteard
18/07/2005, 1:58 PM
Shels are not expected to significantly improve?
The rest of the season will be determined by whether Derry can keep up the consistency and whether Shels are capable of putting a ridiculously good run together.
I'd expect City to continue ALMOST as well for the rest of the season so we'd have to lose to Derry and another two maybe (very possible)
or Shels would have to go on something like a 7 wins in a row run (slightly less likely)

Relegation battle is going to be very interesting.
Harps,Rovers and Waterford are clubs i'd like to see stay up.
Harps are the weakest team there but could be saved by circumstances at the other clubs.

Roo69
18/07/2005, 2:03 PM
Yes!! We'll stay up!

Og course well stay up, no problems what so ever, and yeah i think we can finish as high as 7th or 8th which would be excellent for us. Waterford or Harps to finish bottom i reckon.

superfrank
18/07/2005, 2:29 PM
Usually i would be outraged at that prediction but after watching us against Bohs....well it could be right :(
The big game for yez is last day of the season. Us at Finn Park. Hopefully we'll be safe by then.

harpskid
18/07/2005, 3:55 PM
Us to finish 15 points adrift of Rovers :eek: :eek:

finn
18/07/2005, 4:07 PM
Harps to get two more points and Waterford six more for the rest of the season?! What are they basing that on?

(Well, OK, probably fact for Waterford...!)

I think they take into account the previous matches and what position the team is in they beat/drew with and lost to. fairly simple algorythm, couple that with home and away weightings and there you go.

I think the reason for the gap between rovers and harps is that the system probably will not take the 8 point deduction into account.

even then, it still doesnt look great for Harps :(

P

Éanna
18/07/2005, 4:16 PM
I believe we will win the league, I'm very confident about that, but I'd be surprised if we finished 16 points ahead of shels. I'd also be surprised at waterford doing so well

Drumcondra Red
18/07/2005, 4:22 PM
Nah, that can't be right... I hope, unless we get distractd by the champions league group stages!!! :D :D :D

pete
18/07/2005, 4:48 PM
Its hard to take much from those predicted tables as are automatically generated from predicted game results based on previous form.

Title:
- There for City to win even with slip in form. Avoidiung defeat to Shels & Derry will do it.
- Derry need to continue form, get better spread of goals & beat City or hope City slip up. City look like having 3 more Euro games so chance for Derry there.
- Shels can't afford to lose anymore games, Need to beat 2 citys to have any hope.

Relegation:
- Waterford are in free fall, goners if Harps & Rovers pass them.
- Rovers can't catch Waterford if they don't start getting some points.
- Same as Rovers.

Speranza
18/07/2005, 5:40 PM
We are almost half way through the system and we haven't really slipped up yet so why do people constantly expect us to go through a bad spell and fall down the table. I think we will finish second but we won't win it so c'mon Cork!

pineapple stu
18/07/2005, 5:57 PM
I think they take into account the previous matches and what position the team is in they beat/drew with and lost to. fairly simple algorythm, couple that with home and away weightings and there you go.

I think the reason for the gap between rovers and harps is that the system probably will not take the 8 point deduction into account.

Sure yez have six points from the last six games per the form table just beside it - you're not going to go from picking up a point a game over six games to getting two points in 16 games surely?!

The table does and doesn't take the eight points into account - Rovers on 28 points are behind Waterford on 21, which only makes sense if you then take eight points off the 28 to leave them on 20.

finn
18/07/2005, 6:24 PM
Sure yez have six points from the last six games per the form table just beside it - you're not going to go from picking up a point a game over six games to getting two points in 16 games surely?!

LOL

I am saying nothing

P

jorge
18/07/2005, 8:20 PM
I would take that,a play-off against Dublin City.I would LOVE that.

Can't wait. :)