PDA

View Full Version : 6-1 sportsnews ignores Eircom League

trevy
18/07/2005, 8:19 AM
:mad: There was no mention of the Eircom League results yesterday on rtes 6-1 sportsnews.This was ridiculous especially when the top of the table team were playing the 4th place team.I don't know if they mentioned them at 9 o clock as didn't watch it then but it was bad form on their part but not surprising from rte.

sligoman
18/07/2005, 9:30 AM
but not surprising from rte.

Exactly, we're all used to it at this stage :mad:

paudie
18/07/2005, 9:40 AM
Agree with the above points but on a related point I was surprised to hear the final score of the City Drogs game from Micheál O'Muircheartaigh(sp?) as he called it out during the second half of the Dublin Laois commentary on Radio 1

Dee75
18/07/2005, 11:07 AM
I was listening to the end of the Monaghan-Louth match on RTE Radio 1 on Saturday and they announced that Harps had scored through Breen to make it 2-2 at Finn Park!! How shocked was I when I checked Aertel later to see that the final score was 3-1 to Bohs. Now with Aertel's history for scores I wasn't sure of the final score until I got the paper on Sunday morning!!!

Poor Student
18/07/2005, 11:10 AM
I was listening to the end of the Monaghan-Louth match on RTE Radio 1 on Saturday and they announced that Harps had scored through Breen to make it 2-2 at Finn Park!! How shocked was I when I checked Aertel later to see that the final score was 3-1 to Bohs. Now with Aertel's history for scores I wasn't sure of the final score until I got the paper on Sunday morning!!!

It also showed 2-2 on aertel for a brief period.

A face
18/07/2005, 11:16 AM
It wont change lads, unless the clubs and the fans put pressure on the league to resolve it.

Until then ..... it will never change !!

crc
18/07/2005, 12:06 PM
Notwithstanding the gaffe above, I think RTÉ Radio is good to the league. I always listen to the commentary on friday nights when I'm not at a game, Saturday Sport always has a piece in the middle of the day which discusses the league. The major problem is with RTÉ TV.

pete
18/07/2005, 4:26 PM
RTE 1 Radio gives best coverage of the league. Friday nights coverage is top class.

Rebal Boy
18/07/2005, 8:37 PM
:mad: There was no mention of the Eircom League results yesterday on rtes 6-1 sportsnews.This was ridiculous especially when the top of the table team were playing the 4th place team.I don't know if they mentioned them at 9 o clock as didn't watch it then but it was bad form on their part but not surprising from rte.

R.T.E did say out Citys result well they said it on the 9o'clock news anyway, but they didn't say out the 1st Div results which is wrong. :mad:

Poor Student
19/07/2005, 9:58 AM
RTE 1 Radio gives best coverage of the league. Friday nights coverage is top class.

Only you can't get it on the internet. :mad:

Peadar
19/07/2005, 10:10 AM

It cerainly is.
LW252 is a lifeline for me on Fridays and many Sundays.