PDA

View Full Version : we won but

thecorner
17/07/2005, 11:06 PM
what happened out there tonight was a disgrace.....dan connor should never be allowed play the game again...he is nothing short of a scumbag

if it happened on the street he would be charged with assault

and how the ref managed to give a red card to o donovan after he was laid out by this assault is beyond me

seemingly the club are gonna appeal the red card and if it isnt successful i will have lost all faith in the eircom league

we are trying to gain fans, not send them away

there is no place in football for scum like dan connor

i actually defended dan and said that the bottle throwing incident was a disgrace but i hope to god the bottle thrower hits the target the next time....right down the back of dans skull

CollegeTillIDie
17/07/2005, 11:08 PM
what happened out there tonight was a disgrace.....dan connor should never be allowed play the game again...he is nothing short of a scumbag

if it happened on the street he would be charged with assault

and how the ref managed to give a red card to o donovan after he was laid out by this assault is beyond me

seemingly the club are gonna appeal the red card and if it isnt successful i will have lost all faith in the eircom league

we are trying to gain fans, not send them away

there is no place in football for scum like dan connor

i actually defended dan and said that the bottle throwing incident was a disgrace but i hope to god the bottle thrower hits the target the next time....right down the back of dans skull

He seems to be a bit of a skanger right enough

Éanna
17/07/2005, 11:14 PM
Deliberately clothes-lining an opponent running at you? There is no excuse on earth. Could have broken Roy's neck. He's filth and he should be jailed for hat he did tonight. City should send the video to the gardaí

Risteard
18/07/2005, 10:52 AM
He cheats.
Get over it.

Ya, that'd gain fans and not send them away. :rolleyes:

Troy.McClure
18/07/2005, 11:12 AM

No can so with 2 yellows. :o Will Roy and George be suspended for the same game? :( :confused:

Peadar
18/07/2005, 12:03 PM
Will Roy and George be suspended for the same game?
If so, I hope it's an easy game like Waterford.

pete
18/07/2005, 4:24 PM
Roy will be suspended for next 2 eL games.
I don't know when next disciplinary committee metting is but could be couple of week yet so no guarantee Geroge be suspended at same time.

I think its the time of the season to be getting the 4 yellow card suspensions & will afftect all teams so no problem...

Dyl10
18/07/2005, 11:07 PM
There is no way he will win his appeal if your club try. A yellow card was deserved on both occasions.

RedX
18/07/2005, 11:19 PM
There is no way he will win his appeal if your club try. A yellow card was deserved on both occasions.

Yes Roy can win the appeal.. ;)

De Town
18/07/2005, 11:30 PM
A yellow card was deserved on both occasions.
are you being serious :confused:

the first 1, yes deserved, maybe not far away from a red, but the second :confused: are you saying you should get booked for getting clotheslined :confused:

Dyl10
18/07/2005, 11:41 PM
are you saying you should get booked for getting clotheslined

Im not bringing the keeper into this because it has no bearing on the yellow card. the fact of the matter is o'donavan tried to run through the keeper and he ball wasnt even on the ground and its a good thing Pat Scully and Paul Osam agree ;)

De Town
18/07/2005, 11:42 PM
the fact of the matter is o'donavan tried to run through the keeper and he ball wasnt even on the ground and its a good thing Pat Scully and Paul Osam agree ;)
he tried to run AROUND the keeper.....

you should have went to Specsavers ;)

Dyl10
18/07/2005, 11:47 PM
you should have went to Specsavers

Well if thats the case you should forward this post on to:
Trever Welch
Pat Scully
Paul Osam
and the rest of the eircom league crew at Eircomleague@tv3.ie :D :D :D

De Town
18/07/2005, 11:53 PM
Trever Welch
im sure the biggest muppet of them all saw what really happened from his front room!

Dyl10
18/07/2005, 11:56 PM
im sure the biggest muppet of them all saw what really happened from his front room! :confused:

De Town
19/07/2005, 12:07 AM
:confused:
i think you'll find that trev wasnt presenting the show tonight ;) :rolleyes:

Dyl10
19/07/2005, 12:11 AM
:o :o :o

tiktok
19/07/2005, 8:00 AM
the fact of the matter is o'donavan tried to run through the keeper

that's not a fact at all.

what happened was that Roy in to challenge as Connor was bringing the ball into the box. When Connor picked it up Roy moved right to avoid him, Connor then extended his left hand and grabbed Roy around the neck and dragged him to the ground.

EnDai
19/07/2005, 9:48 AM
If he did do that, then yes its a disgrace.

What I saw was Roy charging towards the keeper, colliding with him, and promptly ending up on the floor. That said, I was tired, and drifting in and out of sleep-mode, so may not have seen it all. He appeared to keep sprinting after the ball was picked up, and although it was hard to tell from the angle, over the distance he ran he surely could have moved more than 3ft out of the way, but he didn't. So to all involved it appeared that he basically sprinted into a keeper holding the ball. Challenging the keeper (who's holding the ball) like that should be a yellow anyways.

Had this happened at the other end, you'd be accusing the Drogheda player of a wreckless challenge in a situation where he had no chance of obtaining the ball, and that could have potentially put your keeper at risk. Bit of perspective please! ;)

superfrank
19/07/2005, 10:00 AM
I only saw the incident last night and for once I agree wholeheartedly with the Cork fans: Dan Connor is a scumbag. He should've been given a hefty ban for that, he almost took O'Donovan's head clean off! :mad: Disgraceful.

EnDai
19/07/2005, 10:10 AM
In relation to my earlier post, seems I did miss something!

Erm, eh, cough... //embarrasment

BAN THE SCUMBAG! ;)

pete
19/07/2005, 10:19 AM
City fans were behind O'Donovan so had perfect view, tv camera angle does not do justice.

When Roy was chasing the ball if he turned left may have collided with Connor which i'm sure is why he moved to the right.

If O'Donovan charged the keeper how come he ended on the ground & keeper remained standing & wasn't even pushed back???

EnDai
19/07/2005, 10:46 AM
I read somewhere yesterday that he was booked for "simulation". Maybe the ref thought he dived?

superfrank
19/07/2005, 10:48 AM
It clearly wasn't a dive!

pineapple stu
19/07/2005, 6:47 PM
What I saw was Roy charging towards the keeper, colliding with him, and promptly ending up on the floor...He appeared to keep sprinting after the ball was picked up, and although it was hard to tell from the angle, over the distance he ran he surely could have moved more than 3ft out of the way, but he didn't.
That was my take on it too (although I think Connor did take a swing at him). Funnily enough, the Cork fans don't agree! ;)

Éanna
19/07/2005, 6:50 PM
I think Connor did take a swing
That's the key to it. Whatever about the right and wrongs of what Roy did, what Connor did was unacceptable.

trevy
20/07/2005, 11:41 AM
I actually agree with the Cork City fans :eek: .I was laughing at the refs decision it was so bad when I saw it on tv the other night.How he gave O'Donovan a yellow card and let Connor away with a neck high clothesline challenge on the Cork player I'll never know.

ColinR
21/07/2005, 4:30 PM
finally got to see the highlights on the net, and well you cant really argue that it was conner that caught o'donohue rather than the other way around. i think you lot are making it out a slight bit worse than it actually was, from the angle it showed it i thought it was more toward upper body rather than neck.

but if that is going to be a typical challenge, get him out and put rogers back in (which should be done anyway)

o'donohue could easily have walked for the first yellow though ;)

tiktok
21/07/2005, 4:40 PM
finally got to see the highlights on the net, and well you cant really argue that it was conner that caught o'donohue rather than the other way around. i think you lot are making it out a slight bit worse than it actually was, from the angle it showed it i thought it was more toward upper body rather than neck.

but if that is going to be a typical challenge, get him out and put rogers back in (which should be done anyway)

o'donohue could easily have walked for the first yellow though ;)

o'donovan ;)
I agree with all that btw.

pete
21/07/2005, 4:42 PM
I think people here were saying that Connor could easily have got O'Donovan on the neck & he'd have been really seriously injured then.