PDA

View Full Version : Matt Holland's Charlton future

dr_peepee
17/07/2005, 8:32 PM
Just wondering about that seeing as Charlton have signed Smertin, Amrose and now apparently Lee Bowyer.

Any odds on a move to Sunderland seeing as they are in need of a holding player to replace Whitley.

tetsujin1979
18/07/2005, 9:07 AM
He played and scored against Bournemouth at the weekend, was one of only 3 Charlton players to play the full 90 minutes.
Read match report here (http://www.charlton-athletic.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=22396)

zinedineontour
18/07/2005, 2:45 PM
Just wondering about that seeing as Charlton have signed Smertin, Amrose and now apparently Lee Bowyer.

Any odds on a move to Sunderland seeing as they are in need of a holding player to replace Whitley.

prob ok in centre mid now we have robinson for holding and whitehead and miller more attacking players and added woods from leeds to our squad ...

dr_peepee
18/07/2005, 6:33 PM
Robinson is a good Championship midfielder at best, and that aside the central midfield options are threadbare as it is. Whitehead and Miller are unproven at Premiership level, Woods is unproven full stop and Robinson has but a brief flirtation with the top flight. That's too many variables to warrant an assault on premiership survival. Sunderland need at the very least one midfielder of reasonable quality with adequate experience at the top flight. Flitcroft?? Holland??

The promoted teams of recent seasons that stayed up always had a mix in their squad of talented untried players and some seasoned campaigners from the top flight re McCall & Bradford, Stuart & Charlton, Magilton & Ipswich and so on.....

I just thought seeing that Charlton have strengthened the midfield with players that you'd expect to be starters at a club of Charltons status, that it raised question marks over his future. Plus he's affordable and there's the experiences of sustaining a promoted team as well as having previously worked with Mick.

livehead1
18/07/2005, 7:28 PM
o dear me. its almost bringing me to the verge of tears and boredom the fact that every irish player who isnt out of the price range of 'mick' and 'sunderland' is being linked with him and them. get a bloody life and stop posting just for the sake of posting. holland is one of the most loyal footballers around, is on very big money at charlton and is their captain. he played more games than anyone last season and his place will be nowhere near threatened next season. sort it out

dr_peepee
18/07/2005, 7:32 PM
Ye condescending schmuck....

zinedineontour
18/07/2005, 7:44 PM
o dear me. its almost bringing me to the verge of tears and boredom the fact that every irish player who isnt out of the price range of 'mick' and 'sunderland' is being linked with him and them. get a bloody life and stop posting just for the sake of posting. holland is one of the most loyal footballers around, is on very big money at charlton and is their captain. he played more games than anyone last season and his place will be nowhere near threatened next season. sort it out

very true... why would charlton get rid of there captain, most consistent midfielder ? Holland has been excellent though and just cause they are irish every irish pllayer who might be moving is suddenly linked to sunderland ... cash is very tight doubt we could afford matt and think we will be looking for a free or loan deal for any more signings ...

dr_peepee
18/07/2005, 8:05 PM
very true... why would charlton get rid of there captain, most consistent midfielder ? ..

Like Mark Kinsella?? If Curbishly feels the club has outgrown a player he'll move him on regardless.

I don't link Sunderland to every Irish player. I've already justified the speculation in a previous post. I posted the same suggestion on a Sunderland message board I frequent and seeing as Holland is Irish decided to post it here. I've no idea what his wages are but at less than a million I feel he'd be in Sunderlands price range. Fact is Sunderland have, quite rightly, been very coy about what they have to play around with financially and it's not written in stone that the kitty is empty just yet. The failed bids for Miller, Rasaik and even Clarke shows they have some funds, how much is anyones guess.