PDA

View Full Version : Teams to play in uefa cup rnd 2

Sonic
16/07/2005, 12:57 PM
The following are the possible opponent for Longford or Carmarten in the 2nd round.

Northern region (20 teams):
Seeded teams coef. Unseeded teams coef.
------------------------ --- ------- ------------------------ --- -------
Racing Genk Bel 19.476 FK Ventspils * Lat 3.199
FC København Den 15.676 Metalurgs Liepaja * Lat 2.199
Halmstads BK Swe 13.076 MyPa-47 * Fin 2.158
Viking Stavanger * Nor 12.665 Allianssi Vantaa * Fin 2.158
Dundee United Sco 10.476 Ekranas Panevezys * Lit 1.760
Djurgårdens IF Swe 10.076 Atlantas Klaipeda * Lit 1.760
FC Midtjylland Den 8.676 I BK Keflavik * Isl 1.594
SK Brann Bergen Nor 7.665 IBV Vestmannaeyjar * Isl 1.594
Esbjerg fB * Den 6.676 Longford Town * Irl 1.375
Tromsø IL Nor 6.665

The * are the seeded teams from rnd 1 who uefa expect to go through.They got cork all wrong neway.Looking at the eastern section lovech co-efficient is now 18.757.That shows you the quailty of opposition they were when we played them.I was just wiondering does anyone know is Flancare Park up to uefa cup standards fopr the 2nd leg cause i remember talking to someone from the board last year when we played vaduz and they said that uegfa get more strict.Last yr he said it would not pass what is d story dis yr.

Highlighted are the teams we can face as they are seeded for the next draw

dcfcsteve
16/07/2005, 3:00 PM
How come you've put Ventspils in there but not Linfield, given Linfield are 1:0 up against them at 'half-time' ?

pete
16/07/2005, 8:41 PM
The teams in bold are the seeded ones. Elsberg are in trouble too as lost 1-2 at home. Could mean Ventspils or Metalurgs being promoted to seeded.

Poor Student
16/07/2005, 8:55 PM
I think Flancare has been brought up to UEFA standard permenently from what I've read.

Sonic
16/07/2005, 10:12 PM
How come you've put Ventspils in there but not Linfield, given Linfield are 1:0 up against them at 'half-time' ?

Its not who i think wioll go through it is the teams uefa EXPECT to go through the first rnd

higgins
16/07/2005, 10:45 PM
UEFA always place the team with the highest seed into the next round.

If Linfield do manage to pull of what would be a big shock and knock Viking out I think they will get the Viking seed and be seeded in that round?

Meaning Cork and Longford could get them if they go through? Looking at them today against Rangers they looked fairly good for large spells I thought. Much better then Glentoran anyway both in the Setanta and Champions League.

Not sure if sides in UEFA cup take opponents seed as they do in CL? It usually depends on the timing of the draw I think.

pete
16/07/2005, 10:53 PM
If Linfield do manage to pull of what would be a big shock and knock Viking out I think they will get the Viking seed and be seeded in that round?

Not sure if sides in UEFA cup take opponents seed as they do in CL? It usually depends on the timing of the draw I think.

Its Portadown who played Viking & would think almost no chance after losing 1-2 at home.

Uefa do not pass on the seedings like they do in CL.

higgins
16/07/2005, 11:32 PM
Yes your right Pete, on both accounts :o

Seeding is only passed on when the draw for the next round is completed before the games in the previous round eg is the 3rd round of the CL when the 2nd is not finished.

Longfordian
18/07/2005, 12:29 PM
We played Midtjylland in a friendly in pre-season, lost 1-0 but it was very close seemingly so while they'd be favourites you'd have a chance against them I'd say. Other than that, Dundee United wouldnt be too bad a draw.

Flancare is okay for the next round but we would probably have to have an earlier kick off, maybe 7.00 depending on whether it's first or second leg, our floodlights arent up to the full specification so we need to finish in daylight. If we got through that round however, we wouldn't be able to play there as all games must kick off at 7.45 or have floodlights up to scratch, which only Lansdowne Road as far as I know has at the moment, that being why Shels played Lille there.

Shelsman
18/07/2005, 12:33 PM
I hope Cork or Longford get Dundee ( preferable the former as they would have a (very?) good chance of beating them ).

There'd also be a great crowd over from Scotland and the away leg would be very accessible / affordable.

pete
18/07/2005, 4:27 PM
There'd also be a great crowd over from Scotland and the away leg would be very accessible / affordable.

We deserve an accessable location for a change too.

Shelsman
19/07/2005, 4:43 PM
I'd be very tempted to go to the away leg if City got Dundee....

Have my ticket for the home leg vs Ekranas for well over a week now.

Pauro 76
19/07/2005, 5:18 PM
hoping Dundee Utd. if we get past Camarthen of course.... why are they nicknamed the Arabs by the way?

Arsene About
21/07/2005, 12:33 PM
What are the dates for the second leg, should we qualify of course!

town73
21/07/2005, 12:51 PM
draw 29th. Legs on August 11 and 25.

EnDai
21/07/2005, 12:58 PM
I'd be very tempted to go to the away leg if City got Dundee....

Ditto. Would be over in a flash (well, plane or something, but quickly! :D)