PDA

View Full Version : Possible Opponents in Uefa Cup Round 2

pete
16/07/2005, 11:42 AM
IF City get to 2nd round of Uefa Cup could play in Latvia.

Elsberg lost 1-2 at home to Talinn so if they were not to progress either FK Ventspils or Metalurgs Liepaja (deja vu) would be promoted as seeded team.

2nd round seedings (http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seeduc2005.html)

GavinZac
16/07/2005, 11:45 AM
i think its unfair that ireland is lumped into the northern section with lithuania, latvia, estonia, finland, norway, sweden and denmark.... we're no where near them yet hey only have a short hop between each other.

pete
16/07/2005, 11:51 AM
i think its unfair that ireland is lumped into the northern section.

I think we are lucky as easier section than others. Latvia preferable than Moldova, Georgia etc...

Troy.McClure
16/07/2005, 2:20 PM
Beats playing teams from Spain, Portugal, France (& normally Id say Holland, but maybe not ;))

sullanefc
16/07/2005, 5:37 PM
Not sure if I like this thread. There is still a second leg to go in the First round ;)

pete
16/07/2005, 8:53 PM
Not sure if I like this thread. There is still a second leg to go in the First round ;)

No chance of Ekranas getting to round 2.

thecorner
16/07/2005, 10:45 PM
No chance of Ekranas getting to round 2.

just like there was no chance of portadown getting a draw in the cross ;)

De Town
16/07/2005, 11:03 PM
hence the usage of the word POSSIBLE in the title ;)

pete
16/07/2005, 11:19 PM
just like there was no chance of portadown getting a draw in the cross ;)

I'll easily give you 5-1 on Ekranas getting to round 2. Could see from reaction of Ekranas players that the second goal was the killer - other teams been doing that to eL sides for years.

patsh
17/07/2005, 10:05 AM
I'm not one to tempt fate, but I'd give 50/1 on Ekranas scoring 3 goals against us in the Cross and conceding none. If we had really gone for the game out their, it would have been 4 or 5, but Rico wa sensible and told the players slow it down, just hold on to the ball and not completely flog themselves in that heat. I was only standing and was still sweating like a pig......
They have one or two handy players, and we might be a bit complacent, but I just cannot see them getting the 3- 0 or 3- 1 they need.

GavinZac
17/07/2005, 10:40 AM
I'm not one to tempt fate, but I'd give 50/1 on Ekranas scoring 3 goals against us in the Cross and conceding none. If we had really gone for the game out their, it would have been 4 or 5, but Rico wa sensible and told the players slow it down, just hold on to the ball and not completely flog themselves in that heat. I was only standing and was still sweating like a pig......
They have one or two handy players, and we might be a bit complacent, but I just cannot see them getting the 3- 0 or 3- 1 they need.

i'll take a euro on it, just for the odds, (boy) :D i agree though, with 2 unchallenged away goals, it would take a massive improvement or a complete collapse from us to lose this now.

EnDai
19/07/2005, 10:11 AM
Dundee! :)

Poor Student
19/07/2005, 11:57 AM
Dundee! :)

Have been relegated last season and are not playing in Europe. ;)

pete
19/07/2005, 12:03 PM
Just looking at that updated list & Tromso have been added to Northern section so uneven number. As uneven number in southern region with Bosnians but they unlikely to qualify as have just had result changed to 0-3 cos of illegal player.

More than even i'm certain Uefa make all this up as they go along as no rules published.

kevincronin2000
22/07/2005, 11:33 AM
Is it true that if we make round 1 of the competition, we will have to move our home game from turners x as the floodlights dont reach uefa requirments

pete
22/07/2005, 4:27 PM
Is it true that if we make round 1 of the competition, we will have to move our home game from turners x as the floodlights dont reach uefa requirments

No idea. Shels had to move their game against Lille to Lansdowne but the lights at the cross would surely be better than Tolka...

Makes a mockery of the Uefa licencing though.

patsh
25/07/2005, 8:46 PM
I'm not one to tempt fate, but I'd give 50/1 on Ekranas scoring 3 goals against us in the Cross and conceding none..
I wish to withdraw this foolhardy post full of ridiculous hubris and say that the game against Ekranas will be our hardest of the season and I hope we can somehow manage to scrape through this tie.
Thank you.

superfrank
25/07/2005, 9:16 PM
IF City get to 2nd round of Uefa Cup could play in Latvia.

Elsberg lost 1-2 at home to Talinn so if they were not to progress either FK Ventspils or Metalurgs Liepaja (deja vu) would be promoted as seeded team.

2nd round seedings (http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seeduc2005.html)
But they're losing to Linfield. If Linfield go through do they get the place as the seeded team?

daveh
25/07/2005, 9:28 PM
no,the system is based on your countries co-efficient,if we drew liverpool in next years champions league :D and beat them 10-0 we'd still be unseeded in the next round

higgins
26/07/2005, 12:34 AM
No you wouldnt !

You would get their seed in the champions league due to the draw being done before the previous round has finished.

This doesnt happen in UEFA cup