PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news a disgrace

Ringo
16/07/2005, 10:19 AM
Eircom League: Bohs take on Finn Harps in today's only fixture

06:20 Saturday July 16th 2005
Bohs take on Finn Harps in today's only fixture at 7:45 p./m.
In last nigh'ts fixtures, Shamrock rovers went down 2-nil at Dalymount to Derry.

UCD claimed a home victory against St Pats - it finished 1-0 at Belfield.

Eamon Zayed put 2 in the back of the Waterford net at the RSC for Bray Wanderers.

Neil Andrew was on target for the home side - so a 2-1 victory there for Bray.

© http://www.unison.ie/

Obviously the first division doesn't count :mad:

GavinZac
16/07/2005, 10:32 AM

the what now?

pete
16/07/2005, 11:11 AM

I don't care about the 1st division so can see where Breaking News is coming from. We should be striving for better Premier division coverage - 1st division teams can strive to be in Premier division.

Rory H
16/07/2005, 11:14 AM
makes us more determind....dont worry,the coverage i want is seeing pat scullys face monday on eircom league weekly

[please win rovers!!!!!!,i dont wana see happy pat!!!]

ThatGuy
16/07/2005, 11:16 AM
Exactly, no-one cares about the 1st Division. The Premier is what it's all about.

jorge
16/07/2005, 11:22 AM
I care about the First Division.

I hate seen Dublin teams getting promoted.

Derek
16/07/2005, 11:39 AM
I care about the First Division.

I looks to me like you will be seeing one Dublin team getting promoted and most of all one Dublin team relegated :p

goattail
16/07/2005, 12:40 PM
I looks to me like you will be seeing one Dublin team getting promoted and most of all one Dublin team relegated

But Bray Wanderars arent from Dublin! :confused:

Poor Student
16/07/2005, 12:52 PM

Surely that will be the thing you will want most next season? :confused:

Ringo
16/07/2005, 5:25 PM
Without the first division & the excitement of promotion & relegation the pemier division wouldn't be as exciting. The league is two divisions. Monaghan & Kilkenny etc are as important as the big teams.

GavinZac
16/07/2005, 7:21 PM
Kilkenny

kilkenny have a football team?
the song from cool runnings popped into my head just now...

Poor Student
16/07/2005, 8:51 PM

They were in the Premier Division 8 years ago and are currently beating the 1st Division league leaders.

Ringo
17/07/2005, 6:43 AM

Kilkenny are my hero's :D :D

superfrank
17/07/2005, 11:48 AM
makes us more determind....dont worry,the coverage i want is seeing pat scullys face monday on eircom league weekly

Guess you'll have to see it now

They were in the Premier Division 8 years ago and are currently beating the 1st Division league leaders.
They were last in the Premier in the 2000/2001 season.

terry9
17/07/2005, 11:53 AM

wouldnt mind seeing some rovers fans faces :D

CollegeTillIDie
17/07/2005, 12:01 PM
I don't care about the 1st division so can see where Breaking News is coming from. We should be striving for better Premier division coverage - 1st division teams can strive to be in Premier division.

it's all our National League plonker! Lack of First Division coverage is endemic of the overall problem... what we need is decent coverage of BOTH DIVISIONS :mad:

superfrank
17/07/2005, 12:06 PM
But Bray Wanderars arent from Dublin! :confused:
Most people seem to think we are though. :D

Anyway I think he was referring to yourselves!

sligoman
17/07/2005, 6:03 PM
Anyway I think he was referring to yourselves!

And I think he was been sarcastic :rolleyes:

pete
17/07/2005, 8:33 PM
it's all our National League plonker! Lack of First Division coverage is endemic of the overall problem... what we need is decent coverage of BOTH DIVISIONS :mad:

I still disagree. We have difficulty enough getting good media coverage of top teams without wasting our time trying to convince the national media to send someone to cover Kilkenny or Dublin City amoung 100 "crowd".

sligoman
17/07/2005, 10:25 PM
I still disagree. We have difficulty enough getting good media coverage of top teams without wasting our time trying to convince the national media to send someone to cover Kilkenny or Dublin City amoung 100 "crowd".

Pete, if City were in the First divsion(very unlikely, I know) would you not like them to get good coverage in the media?

CollegeTillIDie
17/07/2005, 10:48 PM
Pete, if City were in the First divsion(very unlikely, I know) would you not like them to get good coverage in the media?

200,000 plus watch EL games live on RTE ... that's the real level of interest add in the 20,000 or so who actually goes to the games and that is a hell of a lot of newspapers in the Irish market context. Besides any IRISH newspaper should cover IRISH top Divisions of football it is that simple!

EireBadBoy
18/07/2005, 1:52 AM
If National papers start to cover the EL would people not then complain about the coverage/articles?? They have done in the past - it annoys my shiite. All it takes is one reporter to write something that one fan get's annoyed about and then the insular, collective all in it to the death EL fan's all go at it hammer and tongs!! It's happened recently with local media in the North West, Harps biased reporter, ahmmm, reports and then both Derry and Harps' Fan's are ranting like lunatics about his article.

Basically, English football is moronically covered, seriously, idiot press stuff. Make stuff up, print random quotes, big out of context picture to emphasise the piece and that is what we all wish we had for the EL?????? We either have local coverage, biasedly written or Nationally scandolous pieces, we are'nt going to get anything else. It's the way the media works in Ireland/U.K - write stuff Hang Sandwich eating Brickies will lap up on their Lunch break, they buy the papers. We, on the other hand are restrictided to a Forum dedicated to a topic we love.

Ringo
29/07/2005, 7:53 PM
eircom League half-time latest
29/07/2005 - 20:39:42

Second place Derry are leading against Waterford tonight at half-time while Bohemians and Derry are level.
:rolleyes:

thejollyrodger
29/07/2005, 8:23 PM
earlier breaking news had... the winners of Shelbourne Steaua will play Steaua . what a joke :(

Ringo
17/09/2005, 5:58 AM
:rolleyes:
16/09/2005 - 22:31:08

Shelbourne 5 Waterford United 0
Jason Byrne made it eight goals in four matches with his second hat-trick in a fortnight as Shels cruised to this facile win.

Wes Hoolahan put Gary O’Neill through to shoot past Packie Holden for the opener on 15 minutes.

O’Neill then whipped over a corner from the left for Jason Byrne to head Shels’ second 12 minutes later.

A terrific overhead kick from Byrne from Bobby Ryan's cross made it 3-0 on 38 minutes before Ryan again provided the assist for the hat-trick in the final minute of the first half.

O’Neill added the fifth four minutes after the break.

Blues then had Kevin Waters sent off a minute later for a bad challenge on Colin Hawkins.

Ringo
23/09/2006, 7:53 AM
Shels come from behind to beat ten-man Derry
22/09/2006 - 22:35:43 :rolleyes:

Shelbourne 2 Derry City 2
http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/09/22/story277930.html