PDA

View Full Version : Happy O'Halloran hopes to secure new Cork deal

Pablo
26/03/2002, 1:29 PM
EL online.....hmmmmm ithink they may have Ollie and greg mixed up! read on!

Versatile Cork City midfielder Greg O'Halloran has announced his intentions to secure a new contract at Turner's Cross.
O'Halloran slotted into the centre of midfield on Sunday and he contributed to City's dominance and eventual 5-1 hammering of relegated Monaghan United.

The 21-year-old left Cork earlier in the season to join Longford Town on loan but he returned earlier this year and has worked hard to regain his place in Liam Murphy's starting eleven.

O'Halloran said after the win over Monaghan that he preferred midfield to defence and that he was optimistic that Cork would reward his efforts with a full-time contract.

The former Clonmel Town and Northampton Town player has been capped by the Republic of Ireland's under-21 side and he also starred in Ireland's under-18 Euro bronze medal-winning team in Sweden in the summer of 1999.

James
26/03/2002, 1:31 PM
Greg is a good player and could be very good in the centre of midfield with conor O grady, ollie on the left and b i billy on the right.. nice one :D

Colm
26/03/2002, 1:31 PM
They were sounding intelligent up until the last 2 lines

Neil
26/03/2002, 1:36 PM
We have to keep Greg. I heard a rumour that Gunther still has a grudge against him and wants him gone.

Get this in your thick head Liam:

Greg is City til he dies.
He is a class midfielder.
He wants to play for City.

The vultures are still hovering and anymore bad decisions and they'll swoop!

Éanna
26/03/2002, 1:38 PM
yeah, here's hoping he stays, from what I've heard hes been playing very well since he came back. Maybe gunther will make a good decision for once.

A face
26/03/2002, 2:15 PM
last night in the grange and it was like he didn't know himself so how did the paper know. Alot of what he said was garble but probably what you would expect to hear but i got the impression he wanted to stay at City ... that is was just up to Murphy!

Macy
26/03/2002, 2:26 PM
He's nothing but a sh!te fat slow useless b@stard if you ask me......

James
26/03/2002, 2:29 PM
ah macy it must be like looking in the mirror :D

i see the lack of soccer hasnt improved your language eh..

same old manchester scum :D

patsh
26/03/2002, 2:38 PM
from what I've heard hes been playing very well since he came back. Yeah, he really got stuck in the Rovers game, and was terrific on Sunday, even allowing for the fact it was MonU. In an ideal world, he would start, with Ollie and Billy Woods on each side of him in all City matches.
In the real world, is Gunther big enough of a man to do right by Greg?...:(

niamh
26/03/2002, 3:27 PM
I thought he had a good game. George in the Examiner said he was the reason City were able to pass the ball unlike other recent matches....

Jim Smith
27/03/2002, 8:26 AM
...Greg will have grown up a bit. Yes he was/is a fine player but needs to lose the attitude.

Macy
27/03/2002, 8:41 AM
Originally posted by James
ah macy it must be like looking in the mirror :D

i see the lack of soccer hasnt improved your language eh..

same old manchester scum :D

1) Possibly, but at least when I'm playing I make some kinda effort, and don't just jog back and let someone else cover the man I should be marking.....

2) No it fookin hasn't ;)

3) No scum in manchester - all the northwest scum are down the east lancs road....... i.e. the bin dippers in merseydive......

Éanna
27/03/2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Jim Smith
...Greg will have grown up a bit.................but needs to lose the attitude.
I think he's well down that road already Jim. He really wants to fight for a place at City. I think longford opened his eyes a bit.

dalo
28/03/2002, 1:08 PM
old news at this stage but he has/had a attitude. perhaps being at longford may have reminded him how bloody lucky he is not to be living there;)

Éanna
28/03/2002, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by dalo
old news at this stage but he has/had a attitude. perhaps being at longford may have reminded him how bloody lucky he is not to be living there;)
exactly,what a dump :D

Macy
28/03/2002, 2:17 PM
exactly,what a dump
Yeah, the birds are right slappers - sure they'd shift anything.....

dalo
28/03/2002, 2:49 PM
even virginal ccfc fans?

Troy.McClure
28/03/2002, 4:24 PM
Originally posted by dalo
even virginal ccfc fans?

Ya that desperate? ;)

Éanna
29/03/2002, 1:33 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Yeah, the birds are right slappers - sure they'd shift anything..... Couldn't agree more macy :D