PDA

View Full Version : Now this is an age difference

Metrostars
14/07/2005, 2:02 PM
Yikes. But whatever make them happy, right?

For sprightly grandmother-of-three Edna Townsend, it was definitely love at first sight.
And to Simon Martin, who was still in his twenties at the time, she was the woman of his dreams.

After that fateful first meeting, the pair began dating and soon embarked on a full-blown romance with little thought for the small matter of their 39-year age difference.

Two and a half years on, the newlyweds - now aged 70 and 31 - are off on a two-week honeymoon in Cornwall, proving that sometimes love can indeed conquer all.
Edna, a retired engineer, said: "Simon swept me off my feet. When he proposed he wouldn't take no for an answer. I'm the happiest woman in the world."

Simon added: "I was really nervous but knew it was right. I got down on one knee and asked her if she would be my wife. She said 'Yes' and we kissed. It was incredibly romantic."

"Simon is gifted with the organ. He's an excellent player.

"He's not as deaf as Beethoven, but we don't think he can actually hear the majority of the stuff he plays."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=355630&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

dahamsta
14/07/2005, 2:04 PM
Not in that league but I'm working on a 22yo atm, and I scored with a 25yo the other night. Not bad for a 33yo I reckon!

adam

Ringo
14/07/2005, 2:04 PM
Simon is gifted with the organ

:eek: Too much information :D

dcfcsteve
14/07/2005, 2:07 PM
Not in that league but I'm working on a 22yo atm, and I scored with a 25yo the other night. Not bad for a 33yo I reckon!

adam

Adam - I'm nearly 33, and for the last few years have been seemingly unable to attract anyone over the age of 24 or 25 !

Trust me - the novelty wears off when you meet their immature mates and you realise that they were too young to even remember Live Aid...... :eek: :D

Peadar
14/07/2005, 2:15 PM
Adam - I'm nearly 33, and for the last few years have been seemingly unable to attract anyone over the age of 24 or 25 !

As they get older they get more sense and are up to your tricks. :p
If you concentrated on one woman you might have a better chance of success anyway! :D
A man of your age would want to be settling down. :)

dahamsta
14/07/2005, 2:26 PM
I've always hung around with people younger than me Steve, people my own age quite frankly bore the arse off me. Couples up their own arses for the most part. Course I've never grown up either, but that's not the point!

The funniest thing about the other night was that it was my first time scoring in ages, and it came on the same day I switched from long-term use of Gilette smellies, to Lynx smellies.

So there you have it, conclusive proof that the Lynx Effect isn't just an advertising slogan! :)

adam

aido_b
14/07/2005, 2:43 PM
Bit of a different way of looking at things .....

Scored me a 34 year old lady just 2 weeks ago, I'm 20 by the way,Damn she was deadly!

And Lynx is and always has been the way forward! :D

joeSoap
14/07/2005, 2:47 PM
Not in that league but I'm working on a 22yo atm,
adam
Bank of Ireland or AIB....Boom Boom........... :p :D :D

Eire06
14/07/2005, 2:48 PM
Trust me - the novelty wears off when you meet their immature mates and you realise that they were too young to even remember Live Aid...... :eek: :D

Oh you mean Live8 :rolleyes:

Well the other way around men are all the same if they are 18 or 28 the stop maturing after 18 so anything from there up.. :eek:

dahamsta
14/07/2005, 2:49 PM
Bank of Ireland or AIB....Boom Boom........... :p :D :DYou should see the slot on her. Phoarr!

joeSoap
14/07/2005, 2:54 PM
You should see the slot on her. Phoarr!
Where do you key in your PIN???? :D

Eire06
14/07/2005, 3:01 PM
You see from the above posts boys do not change their mentality whatever their age..
Sound like a bunch of 12year olds :rolleyes:

drinkfeckarse
14/07/2005, 3:10 PM
You see from the above posts boys do not change their mentality whatever their age..
Sound like a bunch of 12year olds :rolleyes:

Typical woman....no fun and just a touch bitter ;) :D

Eire06
14/07/2005, 3:13 PM
Typical woman....no fun and just a touch bitter ;) :D
wooo gettin b!tchy now are we...
Ya brat..

Ya using code words for womens body parts and sniggering about it is soooo much fun :rolleyes:

drinkfeckarse
14/07/2005, 3:16 PM
wooo gettin b!tchy now are we...
Ya brat..

Ya using code words for womens body parts and sniggering about it is soooo much fun :rolleyes:

It is....you're a woman, you wouldn't understand ;)

dahamsta
14/07/2005, 3:20 PM
I've spent plenty of nights out with groups of ordinarily very composed women, and most of them are way worse than men when it comes to using code words for body parts and sniggering about it. Mens body parts, their own body parts, pretty much anything. And way more imaginative than most men too! Men are amateurs when it comes to this subject, which is why people like me always hang around with the women at weddings.

adam

superfrank
14/07/2005, 3:41 PM
I doesn't matter what they call it, I still get the same response whatever I do!

Drumcondra Red
14/07/2005, 4:43 PM
Did you click on the link and look at the picture??? Thats fookin' sick, man!

pineapple stu
14/07/2005, 7:29 PM
Jayz, a woman who gives you money rather than takes it away from you!! :eek: :p

Gerrit
14/07/2005, 8:13 PM
I don't understand those words... I only learnt 'general English' in school :eek: Can someone explain me please ? It's not in my dictionary...

dcfcsteve
14/07/2005, 8:16 PM

Have you made any deposits yet (snigger...! ) :D

(That was just for you Eire06... :) )

strangeirish
14/07/2005, 8:36 PM
Or even the rhythm method of withdrawl :eek:

RĂ©iteoir
14/07/2005, 9:11 PM
Where do you perform your Lodgements? ;)

Troy.McClure
14/07/2005, 9:28 PM
Bank of Ireland or AIB....Boom Boom........... :p :D :D

I bet you really know how to push her buttons dont you? :eek:

hamish
15/07/2005, 12:00 AM
The youth of this nation are depraved. :eek:

Such filth!

In my day we were instructed how to treat women and would never call their body parts any names except the following...........cont pg.94

superfrank
15/07/2005, 9:06 AM
The youth of this nation are depraved. :eek:

Such filth!

In my day we were instructed how to treat women and would never call their body parts any names except the following...........cont pg.94
Which is....?

Cosmo
15/07/2005, 9:11 AM
'Scored me a 34 year old lady just 2 weeks ago, I'm 20 by the way,Damn she was deadly!'

Aido seen as youre a bohs fan, that was never a cabra woman was it? (real long shot but i know a 34 year old from up there that goes for the younger bloke ;) )

Gareth
15/07/2005, 10:34 AM
:) Girls are as bad as men are!! They just like to think they are not. Plenty of exceptions but girls can be as crass as guys. Its funny, female comedians are the filthy and dirtiest comedians going. I find they go overboard on smut.

paul_oshea
15/07/2005, 10:45 AM
ya very true i think its their way though of getting the attentino of the male audience who they feel is more difficult to do, and for a woman to be very crude, men will always laugh.

def true about women, they read all those saucy books as well, you know the love ones etc.

was just reading a girls book today as she read, and well it was well steamy and the other good thing is, she was a hottie ;)

Ruairi
15/07/2005, 10:52 AM
Toasted cheese sandwhich..

fosterdollar
15/07/2005, 10:59 AM
Toasted cheese sandwhich..
Bacon sandwich

Gareth
15/07/2005, 11:04 AM
Anyone fancy a toasted ham and cheese in Grogans at lunch ... I suddenly had a craving. Problem is I'd want a pint too then!!! :)

paul_oshea
15/07/2005, 11:05 AM
ha? :confused:

hamish
15/07/2005, 11:24 AM
Which is....?

Superfrank - Maybe I'm reading too much Private Eye - y'know the device they use when they have someone ranting about something,,,first lines are printed and then "cont.Pge 94" comes in.
Hope you follow that, ;)

Wiseguy
15/07/2005, 11:35 AM
Pint and a toastie......mmmmmmmmmmmmmm now there's an idea.I'm in the office on my own as the boss is away at a job ( aka playing golf ) so i can have an extended lunch.Off to the Shack for my lunch it is.

superfrank
15/07/2005, 12:59 PM
Superfrank - Maybe I'm reading too much Private Eye - y'know the device they use when they have someone ranting about something,,,first lines are printed and then "cont.Pge 94" comes in.
Hope you follow that, ;)
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Pauro 76
15/07/2005, 2:29 PM
I bet you really know how to push her buttons dont you? :eek:

Insufficient funds i reckon. ;)

hamish
15/07/2005, 2:40 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ah Jesus, Superfrank, read Private Eye, then you'll know what I mean. Stop taking the
p!$$ on old Hamish. :p :D

Another similar method PE uses - and Pheonix has copied - when there's a list of something compiled and you have (that's enough..Editor)

I was pretending to be ranting about the double meaning posts above from the point of view of being an aul' lad.

Gerrit
15/07/2005, 10:28 PM
Can someone please explain me those few words on page 1 ? I can hardly follow the debate :(

anto eile
19/07/2005, 3:50 PM
Yikes. But whatever make them happy, right?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=355630&in_page_id=1770&ct=5
i wonder is she loaded?
body of evidence.great film

Peadar
27/07/2005, 2:32 PM
As if this story wasn't strange enough.
See here... (http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1190441,00.html)