PDA

View Full Version : Nhl

shedite
14/07/2005, 1:50 PM
The NHL has finally ended it's strike. Anyone here ever been to a game? looks like the most expensive sport I've ever seen ($40 per game - long season). Is it worth it? Anybody know when the season starts. I'll be in Boston till 15th Sept and would love to see it - even a preseason game

Metrostars
14/07/2005, 3:29 PM
I saw the Rangers once at MSG in NYC about 7-8 years ago, it was pretty fun and the crowd is a little more rawcaus compared to other sports events in the US.

Tony Montana
15/07/2005, 9:59 PM
Got into ice hockey about 10 years ago,was disappointed that the season didnt go ahead last year.The season usually starts at the beginning of October,so you'd probably get to see some preseason games especially seeing as hockey games rarely sell out even in the regular season.Its pretty much looked down on by all the other US sports,didnt know why until I went to see the rangers play the capitals a couple of years back-two 6' 6" guys knocking bells out of each other for no reason,they just dropped their gloves and went for each other.Another guy who had been playing for the rangers for the previous 9 years was so badly concussed from a tackle in the same game that he had to retire the following day.Its basically the fastest,hardest sport in the world with a bit of the Jerry Springer show thrown in!What more could you want? :D

Dodge
31/07/2005, 12:41 AM
Went to rangers game in December 2003. Easy to follow if you're a novice. A good laugh and much better than the Knicks game (basketball) I went to the following December)

Bought the tickets from ticketmaster before we went over.

CollegeTillIDie
06/08/2005, 12:56 AM
Yes got to my first game in 2004 despite living there as a kid between 1965 and 1971. Was in Calgary, in March (regular season) and managed to get concession tickets to see the Flames play the Ottawa Senators.
The tickets were $20 or $21 Canadian each.
This was because we had bought some stuff in a particular Sports outlet. They gave us vouchers for tickets for $20 Canadian which we had to exchange at the arena for match tickets.

The game itself was good it finished 4-2 and the Flames went all the way to the Stanley Cup Final series in 2004 losing out in the best of seven to some crowd from the USA.. Tampa Bay Lightning.

Dodge
06/08/2005, 11:47 AM
Tampa Bay Lightning.
Which co-incindentally was the team saw beat the NY rangers 4-3 in Madison Square Garden. Think the tickets were around US$35. Not cheap but good for a one off type thing. Bought them from the US ticketmaster site and collected them at a special window at the arena

CollegeTillIDie
20/08/2005, 9:07 AM
But because I lived in Montreal I am still a Canadiens fan and own two replica shirts... a red one ( away) and a white one with red trim (home).