PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying advert...

Pauro 76
14/07/2005, 10:05 AM
Not sure if you get the advert back home, but theres an ad for J20 which is currently frying my head. This random guy in a bar says to himself, you know I really like it here. The barman (convinced he's the Chinese dad in the Chinatown edition of Fr. Ted) says you know we like you having you round here. Then a couple says, your a really sound bloke. And a couple says we dont you know all that well, but we really like you too. Heres a drink on us. Is it me or do I find that ad really creepy? :eek:

Dublin12
14/07/2005, 10:22 AM
Or..HARVEY NORMAN,GO HARVEY GO :rolleyes: ,why all the shouting :rolleyes:

Babysis
14/07/2005, 10:25 AM
Brand new customers only. :rolleyes: that halifax ad really grates now

Poor Student
14/07/2005, 10:35 AM
Or..HARVEY NORMAN,GO HARVEY GO :rolleyes: ,why all the shouting :rolleyes:

Their ads sound even worse in Slovenia. :rolleyes:

What comes to my mind at the moment is the Tayto "there's always one".

Anto McC
14/07/2005, 10:37 AM
Any ad which talks about consolidating all your existing loans........

De Town
14/07/2005, 10:38 AM
good call. fcuking annoying :mad:

joeSoap
14/07/2005, 10:39 AM
That really really annoying radio ad that runs each Christmas for the Square. Really annoying kid in that ad.....

And the horrible 3G ad where the child eats the singing cherry...

Eire06
14/07/2005, 10:44 AM
Love that add

And that one..
They're great adds :D
Hate the one for bonjela.. with the little man inside the mouth ulcer trying to get out..
Its sick

Ash
14/07/2005, 10:57 AM
The one that freaks me out is for that toenail infection thing where the little
gremlin lifts off the nail and climbs in. Jebus the thought of it sends shivers
down my spine.

"Tayto - Theres always one" is annoying as hell, apart from the bit at the end
"All together now ... Yeaaaaaah" :D

Those Ronseal quick drying varnish adverts used to annoy the fook outta me.
Although Apres Match done a class skit, they had a tin with "Contains" written
on it and Frank Stapo saying "does exactly what it says on the tin" :D

Harvey Norman advert's are annoying

In Athlone cinema theres terrible advert for Midland Radio 3 before all the films!

gustavo
14/07/2005, 11:07 AM
any of the kfc ads where they are singing.

Troy.McClure
14/07/2005, 11:24 AM
Big Al's American Burgers made from genuine pure Irish beef so its 100% New York, with out the drama.

WTF??? :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

Its hotter than a hot tin plate too sugar! :rolleyes:

aido_b
14/07/2005, 11:37 AM
Any of the ads for loans/loan consolidation ... they're all so damn cheesy!

sligoman
14/07/2005, 1:00 PM
Or the one about taking Terms and Conditions for a perambulation.

That's for First Active isn't it?

dcfcsteve
14/07/2005, 2:04 PM

Yeah - what is that ad all about ?

How in the name of feck is it meant to make you want to get a '3' mobile phone ?

On the subject of '3' - I hate their whole 'Deal man, Panda, Turtle' etc characters. Again - how is it going to make you want to use their product....? :confused:

Bosco
14/07/2005, 2:13 PM
Hate the tayto add.

Love the add with the song "in the garden of eden"in the background,it shows all places in ireland and seems really nostalgic then turns out to be an add for contraception.They played that and the cherry ad all weekend at oxygen in between acts with 60,000 people singing along to them

Eire06
14/07/2005, 2:41 PM

How in the name of feck is it meant to make you want to get a '3' mobile phone ?

On the subject of '3' - I hate their whole 'Deal man, Panda, Turtle' etc characters. Again - how is it going to make you want to use their product....? :confused:

The singing cherry is a great add..
Its new to the Irish market so it makes people wonder what 3 mobile is and look it up... :D

atfconline
14/07/2005, 3:08 PM
The singing cherry is a great add..
Its new to the Irish market so it makes people wonder what 3 mobile is and look it up... :D

Worked on me! I quite like the ad though.

One of the most annoying ones would be, I think it's for UTV broadband - the one where they all keep 'talking' "free free free free free free". Can't say I like Sky's new Oasis one either, but that's more pointless than annoying.

fosterdollar
14/07/2005, 3:26 PM
The 'Eh... Sense!!!?' ads for MacDonalds. And indeed any ad that tries to tap into certain demographics by using 'their language', in this case the stewdent age group.

superfrank
14/07/2005, 3:32 PM
You know the pair that do the radio ad that goes: "Eurocycle, Eurobaby on the Long Mile Road"

And then they repeat it like five times, with their voices getting higher each time!!!! :mad:

fosterdollar
14/07/2005, 3:36 PM
Texas Tullamore, Sale now on!

Dawn_Run
14/07/2005, 3:40 PM
Every ad on sky digital, they must think that everyone that watches telly has financial problems. Oh and that b!tch from YES Car Credit - AAAGGGHHH - hate her with a passion.

Lionel Ritchie
14/07/2005, 4:45 PM
pretty much every ad ...for everything.

Tend to get a giggle out of the new phenomenon of "yellow pack" ads that you see mainly on TV3.

There's some deviant looking geezer selling something or other while wandering round a house being filmed with a camcorder.

And there's one with that dizzy black haired model wan. I think it's for furniture and might have been filmed on a cellphone. :D Oh MMMercy!!!!

Intensely dislike radio ads for my home dot eye eee with that ghoul from the unfunniest programme ever Bachelors Walk. Upwardly Mobile wasn't as woeful ...okay it was but you get my point.

centre mid
14/07/2005, 6:00 PM
Any ad that starts " Have you been invloved in an accident that wasnt your fault.....?" :mad:

Pauro 76
14/07/2005, 6:30 PM

anyone thinking of going 3, dont! that cherry ad is just weird. As for those cartoon characters on those other 3 ads, think they've ripped off the artwork off one or two Super Furry Animal cd covers myself. :eek:

shedite
14/07/2005, 7:00 PM
Ian! Wasn't expecting you back for ages! Heard you were dying with flu.

I was. More importantly, what are you doing with this?

Well pal, with you not around the merger was going to go down the pan, wasn't it

Actually, Pal, it wasn't. It's sorted. I spoke to them yesterday, they're signing today.

But you're ill! How come?!

Lemsip Max Strength. This sorts the men from the boys.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

centre mid
14/07/2005, 7:01 PM

Well pal, with you not around the merger was going to go down the pan, wasn't it

Actually, Pal, it wasn't. It's sorted. I spoke to them yesterday, they're signing today.

Cringe!!!

el tk
14/07/2005, 9:42 PM
The 'Eh... Sense!!!?' ads for MacDonalds. And indeed any ad that tries to tap into certain demographics by using 'their language', in this case the stewdent age group.

They were even worse when they split up the 'nonsense' and 'sense' bit.

How come no-one mentioned ringtone etc.? The only plus side to them being on all the time is that I can now block them out subconsciously.

Mayo Red
14/07/2005, 10:34 PM
For complete sh!te you can't beat the other 3G ad with the little Chinese girl with the huge hand! She ends up playing some sort of basketball game, and just as she is going to score she is dragged away.

"Welcome to our network" my sh!te!

carrickharp
15/07/2005, 7:07 AM
Them Uncle Ben's ads, time is on your side me hole :mad:
Barrys Tea ads at Xmas :mad: :mad:
And the Birds on the Lyons tea ads fookers :mad: :eek:

Poor Student
15/07/2005, 11:13 AM
Love that add

There's always one. :rolleyes:

Wiseguy
15/07/2005, 11:23 AM
Those Harvey Norman adds drive me nuts.If i ever meet that fcuker i'll choke him.I left Australia to get away from that b4stard and the **** followed me here.
Also those new adds for Arramount where the guy thinks he's Robin Williams in good morning Vietnam,he needs a slap in the mouth.

Thunderblaster
15/07/2005, 9:00 PM
Penney's; For a whole lot of things for Christmas
And the lot for the family!! :mad:

I hate that ad with a passion with stupid, childish singing. Best put on mute or switched off. That ad should be used as punishment on people for being annoying!! :D :D To make it worse, RTE used this piece of crap for over 25 years!! :eek:

gustavo
15/07/2005, 9:35 PM
any of those beauty products with an impossibly good looking couple which is cleary made on the continent and dubbed on and they are soooo hilariously funny :( :( :(

anto eile
19/07/2005, 3:42 PM
Hate the one for bonjela.. with the little man inside the mouth ulcer trying to get out..
Its sick
bonjela=crap ad.
singing cherry=crap
anything dubbed=crap
anything with aforementioned impossibly good-looking people=crap
ads where women are showering yet have make-up in perfect place=crap
malibu rum ads=very good

hamish
19/07/2005, 3:54 PM
Thank God for Tivos and the BBC.

Colm55
19/07/2005, 6:02 PM

Agreed, this is woeful

The best is the domestos one with the grimey muppet character '... and now they hunt us down.... the trigger of death' or the car add where the Citroen C5 turns into a dancing robot

onenilgameover
20/07/2005, 8:20 AM
Hate those...''Because You're worth it ads'' only thing there worth is shooting and even then your gonna waste the bullets.

hamish
20/07/2005, 5:43 PM
"The're only two nintyniner" ads for Burger King to the tune of Guantanamera - how I hate that advert.

And people get paid for dreaming those up. :eek:

RĂ©iteoir
20/07/2005, 6:58 PM
Brand new customers only. :rolleyes: that halifax ad really grates now

It must do - that advert is actually for Nationwide Building Society :D