PDA

View Full Version : Given Leaving Newcastle???

barglee
14/07/2005, 8:33 AM
from football365.com

Newcastle in hunt for Lux
Thursday July 14 2005

Newcastle have made a £1.7million offer for River Plate goalkeeper German Lux, according to Argentinian media reports.

The 23-year-old Argentinian, born in the city of Carcarana in Santa Fe province, is currently preparing for the new season and has not commented on the reports as yet.

Lux is not River's first choice goalkeeper as he is understudy to Franco Costanzo but played for Argentina during the Confederations Cup where the Latin Americans finished runners-up to Brazil.

He is expected to be one of the three goalkeepers Argentina will use in the upcoming World Cup.

Lux has played 24 matches for River Plate and 11 in continental tournaments and also featured in the Argentina team that won the Under-21 World Cup in 2001.

i wonder are they looking at buying backup(they already have Harper) or could Given be leaving?????????

drinkfeckarse
14/07/2005, 12:15 PM
Souness on Sky Sports News at lunch time rubbished the story. Says he has 2 top class keepers in Shay and Harper. He said there's nothing in it which means he's signing on Tuesday ;) :D

rodoman
14/07/2005, 10:28 PM
With Souness at the helm there, I'll be amazed if Shay is there at the end of the season, didn't he offload the Irish when he took over Liverpool !!!!

eirebhoy
15/07/2005, 5:08 PM
With Souness at the helm there, I'll be amazed if Shay is there at the end of the season, didn't he offload the Irish when he took over Liverpool !!!!
1 Nothern Irishman
9 Englishman
2 Scots
1 Swede
1 Welshman
2 Irishman

all released/sold in his first year in charge. Dyer, Jenas, Shearer and every other English player at Newcastle watch out. :eek:

OwlsFan
18/07/2005, 10:16 AM
I see Harper played in the Inter Toto game for Newcastle. What's up (if anything) with Shay ? Also what's the story on Roy Keane's injury does anyone know ?

Stuttgart88
18/07/2005, 11:16 AM
I see Harper played in the Inter Toto game for Newcastle. What's up (if anything) with Shay ? Also what's the story on Roy Keane's injury does anyone know ?

Shay was on the bench so I wouldn't read anything into it. No sign of Carr at all.

No idea about Roy but maybe he just doesn't like playing out in the far east.

JimmyP
18/07/2005, 11:21 AM
According to eleven-a-side, they're both being rested as a result of an extended season with the Irish squad.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=18237

JimmyP
19/07/2005, 2:38 PM
So they got in 17 year old 'keeper Tim Krul on a three-year deal from Dutch side Den Haag. Was that instead of Lux? or is that deal still gonna happen?