PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lally to Kilkenny

A face
13/07/2005, 10:17 PM
I hear that Ray Lally of Cork City FC is going to Kilkenny on loan ..... would be good if a few of the Kilkenny fans let us know how he gets on !!

sligoman
10/08/2005, 4:05 PM
would be good if a few of the Kilkenny fans let us know how he gets on !!Doesn't look like your getting much of a response :D

joema
10/08/2005, 9:34 PM
Sorry about the lack of a response.
Ray played well enough against Dublin City even if their right winger Robbie Collins got the better of him a few times, but he was very poor against Galway - didn't look interested and gave the ball away often.
On the other hand Shane Guthrie has been fantastic in every game he has played (nothing gets past him in the air)
Both of them didn't feature in our 2-0 win over Limerick - something to do with World Student Games ?

A face
10/08/2005, 9:46 PM
Nice one Joema .... Hopefully Lally sorts himself out soon !!

Keep us updated if you can !!

Cheers

pete
10/08/2005, 9:46 PM
On the other hand Shane Guthrie has been fantastic in every game he has played (nothing gets past him in the air)

City could do with Guthrie stepping up to 1st team squad next year as a bit thin on central defenders. 1st requirement of any eL centgre half is to head the ball.

Maybe Rico is hoping he learns something from Scully - could be a good move.

joema
10/08/2005, 9:56 PM
Nice one Joema .... Hopefully Lally sorts himself out soon !!

Keep us updated if you can !!

Cheers

Sure. I am rarely able to get to away games but I'll make sure to keep ye updated on their progress, btw whats the story with them and the Student Games ?
Thanks

A face
10/08/2005, 10:01 PM
I actually didn't know they were playing in it ??

Nothing on the City site (http://corkcityfc.ie/home.htm) about it anyway !!

joema
10/08/2005, 10:36 PM
I actually didn't know they were playing in it ??

Nothing on the City site (http://corkcityfc.ie/home.htm) about it anyway !!

Well, AFAIK the pair of them will be representing Ireland in the World Student Games in Turkey? - would explain their absence from our last game

joema
10/08/2005, 10:58 PM
Also Neal Horgan once represented Ireland in the World Student Games (Or at least I think so anyway) so maybe there is a link between Cork City fc and the Irish World Student games team.

joema
19/08/2005, 9:56 PM
No sign of either against Cobh last Saturday

pete
21/08/2005, 3:04 PM
...maybe there is a link between Cork City fc and the Irish World Student games team.

Liam Murphy is the Irish Student Team Manager.

joema
04/09/2005, 7:07 PM
Lally was on the bench today but didn't get on. McCarthy came on after about 70 minutes and looked lively, showed for everything and got himself a goal after chasing down goalkeeper's clearence. Guthrie played very well as usual at cb beside Scully.

tbh Lally has been a major dissapointment so far

A face
04/09/2005, 8:14 PM
Guthrie played very well as usual at cb beside Scully

Is Scully actually playing so ?? .... fair play if he is, he was/is a great player !!

joema
04/09/2005, 8:35 PM
Is Scully actually playing so ?? .... fair play if he is, he was/is a great player !!

He normally doesn't play but our other cb and captain Aidan Price was injured so Scully filled in. He played well last against Athlone and is a very good organiser but tbh his legs are gone and he is a wee bit dodgy. Fantastic manager though

joema
15/09/2005, 9:22 PM
Guthrie played well again in our 2-0 win over Kildare. McCarthy came on and looked lively again but Lally didn't feature and after the match told Scully he was unhappy and wasn't going yo travel to Sligo to sit on the bench - heard that from a reliable source

gustavo
20/09/2005, 12:00 AM
AFAIR he did exactly that!

blobbyblob
21/09/2005, 1:54 PM
Think he was on the bench but did get a run in the 2nd half

A face
21/09/2005, 2:39 PM
Think he was on the bench but did get a run in the 2nd half

So is Lally training in Cork still or Kilkenny ??

Éanna
21/09/2005, 6:20 PM
So is Lally training in Cork still or Kilkenny ??
as far as I know, all the lads at kilkenny train with city, because kilkenny train in dublin :rolleyes:

joema
21/09/2005, 8:54 PM
as far as I know, all the lads at kilkenny train with city, because kilkenny train in dublin :rolleyes:

Thats right. Any south east based lads who want to train in Kilkenny have to do so with our u21 team so yes the Cork lads on loan with us are still training with ye

A face
21/09/2005, 9:13 PM
That is mad ... so the boys all meet up match day for a kick around !! :eek:

Well i suppose it worked for them for the last few weeks alright though.

finlma
22/09/2005, 9:24 AM
There's nothing much Kilkenny about the team except the name. Not a single Kilkenny player and they don't even train in Kilkenny.
There are 3 Kilkenny lads on the Waterford team though.

Éanna
22/09/2005, 1:06 PM
Thats an awful situation to be in. I really thought the league had moved on from those days

joema
22/09/2005, 9:21 PM
There's nothing much Kilkenny about the team except the name. Not a single Kilkenny player and they don't even train in Kilkenny.
There are 3 Kilkenny lads on the Waterford team though.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the 3 Kilkenny lads with Waterford end up with us next year. A few young Kilkenny lads from the u21 may make the step up next season aswell.

A face
22/09/2005, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't be too surprised if the 3 Kilkenny lads with Waterford end up with us next year. A few young Kilkenny lads from the u21 may make the step up next season aswell.

How is that Kilkenny supporters club doing ??

finlma
23/09/2005, 7:40 AM

I hope they do. Davy Mul would be a good addition. I was disappointed to see Mark Andrews rejoin Evergreen instead of Kilkenny City when he was released by Waterford.
Thats the way it is in Kilkenny though - the lads playing junior soccer get more respect than the lads playing for Kilkenny City.

joema
03/10/2005, 6:51 PM
How is that Kilkenny supporters club doing ??

Supporters club?

The Stars
03/10/2005, 6:54 PM
Fair play on the supporters club guys.