PDA

View Full Version : Numbers heading to Newton

dcfcsteve
13/07/2005, 2:23 PM
Anyone know how many Town fans are expected to head over to Newton for the UEFA away leg ?

I'm driving up from London as part of a 720mile round road trip for the weekend (London-Newton-Manchester-Newcastle-London :eek:

Also - do you know what part of the ground Longford fans are getting, as I wann be in there too ! :D

Wiseguy
13/07/2005, 2:38 PM
I dunno what side of the ground we are going to but there are at least 300 heading over from here.I assume you can by tickets for the away section on the night so you should be fine.

De Town
13/07/2005, 4:03 PM
we should have over 500 in Newtown, outnumber the locals aswell :D

dcfcsteve
13/07/2005, 5:30 PM
Was reading that TNS only get 300 at their average home games.

With Carmarthen being much less successful and playing their home leg miles away you could well be outnumbering them ! :eek:

C'mon Shels and TNS !!!!!!

RĂ©iteoir
13/07/2005, 6:28 PM
It's a shame that it's not taking place at Carmarthen's home ground:

Richmond Park :D (I kid you not!)

Latham Park, Newtown:

http://www.newtownafc.co.uk/popups/ground01.jpg

http://www.newtownafc.co.uk/popups/ground02.jpg

RĂ©iteoir
13/07/2005, 7:35 PM
is there anyone driving up to Newtown for this game who will be passing through or near to Birmingham and back again?

and would be willing to give me a lift?

dcfcsteve
13/07/2005, 8:53 PM
is there anyone driving up to Newtown for this game who will be passing through or near to Birmingham and back again?

and would be willing to give me a lift?

I'll be cutting into Wales just south of Birmingham Reiteoir : M40 - M42, then going through Bromsgrove and Kidderminster. If you could get yourself to either of those places I could scoop you up.

Not planning on heading back that way though, as am going up to Manchester to see my sister afterwards - prob staying in Newton Thursday night, then heading up to Manc Friday morning. If you're thinking of staying over I could probably drop you back to the north of Brum on the Friday morning (e.g. Wednesfield).

There's also direct trains from Brum to Newton - but the last one back on the Thurs is at 9:05pm.

PM me if you're interested and we can sort a plan.