PDA

View Full Version : And on the 8th Day God Made........

Roo69
13/07/2005, 8:40 AM
Franceso Georgescu :D

Holy s*it, that was the BEST goal i have ever seen down the Carlisle Grounds, a full 35/40 yeards out when he struck it, he was closer to the centre circle. Unreal stuff.

Made a real difference when he came on in the 1st half, cause the Hearts defence loads of problems when he dropped to the left hand side of midfield, lost count the number of times they tried to maime him, some very tough tackles flying about for a friendly.

Excellent with the ball at his feet and running at people, if he can re-produde that for us in the league then well be safe by a mile, i seen him play a few times back about 1/2 months ago, put since then he has really uped his fitness levels and looks a real class act, on that preformance last night he has a chance to become a real star of the eL.

And how about the kids half time peno shoot out ! great drama, 10-9 Ireland win over Scotland, then the other kid scoring against the Hearts sub keeper, whiping off his schoolboy jersey to reveal his cetic jersey ! a chours of boos from the hearts fans and laughter and cheers from the rest of us, a beautiful 1 fingered salute to end his moment of glory, absolutey priceless :D

EnDai
13/07/2005, 8:41 AM
How much do you want for him? Haha ;) Maybe they'll show it on EL weekly. The more better players we get in this league the better, and if thats spread across more teams, its even better again! :D

BrayZil
13/07/2005, 9:13 AM

Holy s*it, that was the BEST goal i have ever seen down the Carlisle Grounds, a full 35/40 yeards out when he struck it, he was closer to the centre circle. Unreal stuff.

Made a real difference when he came on in the 1st half, cause the Hearts defence loads of problems when he dropped to the left hand side of midfield, lost count the number of times they tried to maime him, some very tough tackles flying about for a friendly.

Excellent with the ball at his feet and running at people, if he can re-produde that for us in the league then well be safe by a mile, i seen him play a few times back about 1/2 months ago, put since then he has really uped his fitness levels and looks a real class act, on that preformance last night he has a chance to become a real star of the eL.

And how about the kids half time peno shoot out ! great drama, 10-9 Ireland win over Scotland, then the other kid scoring against the Hearts sub keeper, whiping off his schoolboy jersey to reveal his cetic jersey ! a chours of boos from the hearts fans and laughter and cheers from the rest of us, a beautiful 1 fingered salute to end his moment of glory, absolutey priceless :D

Bloody cracker of a goal! He looks the biz, just what we need! Hopefully we'll see him in the 1st team in the next couple of weeks. I thought Pat Hannigan didnt do too bad either, i'd love to see him start Friday. Skippy needs a good kick up the a**e. Missed the penalty shoot out at half time :(

superfrank
13/07/2005, 9:21 AM
It was a great goal. I feel sorry for the lads behind me in the Shed who were taking down the flags and missed the goal!! I've never seen fans, or a player for that matter, celebrate so much when they've just made it 1-5. :o

Oh the drama of the shoot-out. The Hearts sub keeper was actually a Scottish senior international, Craig Gordon!! :eek: :D

And the Hearts fans were actually real funny. Their versions of Fields of Athery and Jingle Bells were gas.

But as long as Franco keeps that up he'll be in the first team, no doubt. :D

REVIP
13/07/2005, 10:41 AM
Georgescu was the best player we had.

Good report of the match on Hearts Website:

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10289~684287,00.html

Pity there was such a small crowd. Hearts probably had about 100 supporters judging from those who jumped up from their seats when the first goal was scored.

I remember a friendly against Northampton a few seasons back when there were about three times as many people.

Maybe summer soccer is not working. Last year the excuse was that Euro 2004 had damaged averages, there's no excuse this year. Given the choice between going to a match and staying home for a bar-b, looks as though the bar-b is winning!

Bray Head
13/07/2005, 10:54 AM
Season tickets are not valid for friendly games anymore. That probably explains why the crowd was smaller that usual last night. Also Blackburn last year was well down on the previous year when the same rule applied for the first time. I know of a few season ticket holders who were not going last night because they had to pay in.

BrayZil
13/07/2005, 11:21 AM
Very disappointing turn out, absolutely shocking. People of Bray should be ashamed of themselves. The crowds have dipped in recent weeks tho and we had a poor crowd at the Longford game too. I don’t know what the reason is but surely last nights match wasnt that season tickets don't cover friendlys? The price of the tickets was the same as a normal EL match, personally I don't think its asking much. I think if this is the case they should add €30 onto the price of the yearly season ticket so it covers friendlys. Not sure if this would work tho cos then you would have people not buying season tickets cos the cost has gone up. Can’t win really.

student
13/07/2005, 11:24 AM
Was just looking at the match report on the Hearts website. There seemed to be a few unfamiliar names in the bray line up.

Who are Trommel and Zarual?

BrayZil
13/07/2005, 11:29 AM
Was just looking at the match report on the Hearts website. There seemed to be a few unfamiliar names in the bray line up.

Who are Trommel and Zarual?

Trommel and Zarual came over on trial from some Dutch team but I don't think were going to be signing them.

Roo69
13/07/2005, 11:35 AM
Trommel and Zarual came over on trial from some Dutch team but I don't think were going to be signing them.

I presume one of them was the no. 8 ? very poor indeed. The only other bloke i had never seen was the centre half, no. 4 i think ? But i thought he was the bloke who was signed for the U21's (Brian Gartland i think), could be wrong though

BrayZil
13/07/2005, 11:43 AM
I presume one of them was the no. 8 ? very poor indeed. The only other bloke i had never seen was the centre half, no. 4 i think ? But i thought he was the bloke who was signed for the U21's (Brian Gartland i think), could be wrong though

Yea one was 8 and the other was either 4 or 5 (tanned bloke). Not sure which one was which tho. The centre half wasnt bad but the other lad was shocking.

KK77
13/07/2005, 11:52 AM
Georgescu was the best player we had.

Good report of the match on Hearts Website:

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10289~684287,00.html

Pity there was such a small crowd. Hearts probably had about 100 supporters judging from those who jumped up from their seats when the first goal was scored.

I remember a friendly against Northampton a few seasons back when there were about three times as many people.

Maybe summer soccer is not working. Last year the excuse was that Euro 2004 had damaged averages, there's no excuse this year. Given the choice between going to a match and staying home for a bar-b, looks as though the bar-b is winning!

I would imagine that crowds have dipped in recent weeks due to the fact a lot of people/families go away on hols at this time of the year nothing to do with summer soccer not working. I actually thought the crowd for the Longford game wasn't too bad at all.

Roo69
13/07/2005, 2:51 PM
Match Report from BrayWanderers.ie (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=344)

"The two guests, from Sparta Rotterdam, were the Dutch defender Jayson Trommel, who showed lack of familiarity with his playing comrades on the night, and winger/striker Omar Zaroual, a Moroccan who looked nippy but not always particularly effective."

superfrank
13/07/2005, 2:58 PM
Yea one was 8 and the other was either 4 or 5 (tanned bloke). Not sure which one was which tho. The centre half wasnt bad but the other lad was shocking.
I think one of either 4 or 5 was McGovern, the other was Trommel.

Roo69
13/07/2005, 3:01 PM
I think one of either 4 or 5 was McGovern, the other was Trommel.

Yep, McGovern was wearing 4, Jayson Trommel was wearing 5

superfrank
13/07/2005, 3:06 PM
I think Pat did well in nets despite the fact he let in a few goals. But the goal where he tried to scramble back and hurt his knee against the post shows his commitment.

lowflyingseagul
13/07/2005, 4:00 PM
i wasn't there because my season ticket was not valid

jonboy
13/07/2005, 9:35 PM
yeah it was a whopper of a goal cant remember one like that in the EL, the lad looks pure class, pity the others are'nt on the same wavelength maybe we can start passing the ball on the ground now!

Rocky Rules
14/07/2005, 12:41 AM
Yep, you're new!

lowflyingseagul
14/07/2005, 7:20 AM
passing the ball on the groung mmmmmmmmmmm let me see

KR's Post
14/07/2005, 5:09 PM
Oh Franco you are magic,
You wear the magic hat,
And when you saw the Carlisle,
You said '' I'd fancy that'',
You didn't sign for Rovers,
Or Bohs cause they're s-hite,
But you signed up for the Wanderers cause we're f-ucking dynamite.

What a player, the lad is a genius. Is he eligible to play tamara night Roo. Tamara being friday.....

footballplease
14/07/2005, 5:17 PM
i agree with all that - what a goal!!!! He has lovely movement on the ball - a real spark for the team i would have to say!

The only downside is - i wouldnt play him in midfield - the guy cant tackle or track back and so left huge gaps through the middle of the park, so id put him up front. Him and eamon could be lethal together.

KR's Post
14/07/2005, 5:42 PM
In behind Eamonn and Tarz.... Hagi role!!!
I am being biased though with tarz.

centre mid
14/07/2005, 5:56 PM
Jebus I cant wait to see this guy in action now, damn why didnt i go to the Jam tarts game

can he walk on water

KR's Post
14/07/2005, 6:42 PM
Walks on water, fire, glass..... Anything!!! And he is going to walk all over Waterford this friday should devo have the sense to play him. Franco your a legend. I was never as happy after a defeat as i was the other night. Waterford, watch out... To put it in reality, your F-UCKED. :)

Seagull
14/07/2005, 6:57 PM

I got down for the last 20 minutes and was sure glad I did to see that goal. The match report on braywanderers.ie says it was from 20 metres! That would put him just outside the 18 yard box but as Roo says, he was nearer the centre circle. Watch out Waterford.

Stevo Da Gull
15/07/2005, 12:36 AM
Walks on water, fire, glass..... Anything!!! And he is going to walk all over Waterford this friday should devo have the sense to play him. Franco your a legend. I was never as happy after a defeat as i was the other night. Waterford, watch out... To put it in reality, your F-UCKED. :)

I'm as excited as any1 after seeing Franco play, but we've seen him play for 55 mins. Lets give the guy some more time before we start saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread etc. (and we dont want Waterford knowing how good he is :D ;) ) Although I have to admit that he looks a real gem!! But anyhow, give him time to settle in :cool: ......... maybe I'm just sayin this 'cuase I had my back turned for the goal.... I wonder will he do it again on request :eek:

centre mid
15/07/2005, 8:20 AM
Slight worry about tonights games - Waterford have signed Derek McCarthy from Limerick, he is banging in the goals in the 1st div, not sure why Limerick let him go actually

I presume he is available to play tonight

Roo69
15/07/2005, 8:33 AM
Slight worry about tonights games - Waterford have signed Derek McCarthy from Limerick, he is banging in the goals in the 1st div, not sure why Limerick let him go actually

I presume he is available to play tonight

Yep good signing for them, they have also signed John Lestor, who was training with us for a good while trying to get his fitness back. Great player IMO. The type of creative player that we need yet he signs for the Blues :confused:

On Franco, he did have a great game the other night but as someone said lets give him a while to settle in before we build him up to much.

I also presume that with all the new signings made that a few players will be on there way out ?

Rocky Rules
15/07/2005, 3:15 PM
...or more than a few,maybe. Wes's wages spread very thin!