PDA

View Full Version : Skippy?

Ruairi
25/03/2002, 10:09 AM
When I was hanging around the dressing rooms yesterday trying to get a few quotes for Campus Radio a very p!ssed off looking Pat Morley came out. When I asked him for a word he replied rather in a sour voice "Talk to them, I'm gone".

So does anyone know if Skippy will be playing for City next season?

patsh
25/03/2002, 10:55 AM
If this is true, and he is gone, this is a sh*tty way to repay the guy for all he gave to City. Skippy should have been on yesterday, if only for a few minutes, as it was the last home game of what was, probably,his last season.. we had the game won, so what did it matter...?
I was really dis-appointed that the team, did not wait until Monaghan had gone off, gather as a group for some recognition that it was the last league game. It's even worse that Morley did not take a walk round the supporter's, as there was a lot of appreciation shown to the team yesterday, no matter what has gone on this season. Gunther stood in the tunnel and clapped his hands over his head for a few seconds and left, but the players could certainly have stayed on the pitch for a minute or two more....
I hope Skippy will play in the MSC final and him and the team should take the applause, because no matter what, he deserves it...:)

Jim Smith
25/03/2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
It's even worse that Morley did not take a walk round the supporter's, as there was a lot of appreciation shown to the team yesterday, no matter what has gone on this season....

...I hope Skippy will play in the MSC final and him and the team should take the applause, because no matter what, he deserves it...:)

I can't say I blame Skippy. I can just imagine the abuse from the idiot Moses and his minions if he had come near the Shed.

niamh
25/03/2002, 11:53 AM
Although yesterday was an enjoyable two hours of a Sunday for once, the fact that Skippy didn't play any part in what is supposed to be his last home game is disgraceful.

He deserved the appreciation of the crowd and it was very annoying to see him treated that way.

City owes him a lot for his achievements in the past and he deserves better from the management and the club.

patsh
25/03/2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Jim Smith
I can't say I blame Skippy. I can just imagine the abuse from the idiot Moses and his minions if he had come near the Shed. I have to repeat this, but abuse was pretty much absent from the shed and the X in general yesterday. A very good humoured atmosphere, helped by what we saw on the pitch. The Shed, as well as the rest of the ground, gave the team a great reaction at the end of the game, so much so that even "The Irish Times" report, commented on it.......:)

Jim Smith
25/03/2002, 12:41 PM
...the reaction was great but I doubt very much if Moses would have been quiet if Skippy had come near the shed.

Éanna
25/03/2002, 3:18 PM
what a sad and terrible way for a great servant of the club to go. Shame

A face
25/03/2002, 4:17 PM
it was poor, the atmosphere was better than normal but thats not to say it was great or anything, it was nothing to write home about anyway.
Morley should have been given a run but i have to agree, Moses and Co. would have ripped him, and no one would have stood up against it either, just a few chants to counter balance it even. Moses has been let to his own divices in the shed and when it comes to giving one of best players, a striker of substance and a Cork Man a send off, he would disrupt/prevent this. It is a sad state of affairs really, i cant slate moses either because at times he has been the only voice anyone hears in the shed and he does keep it going.

Colm
25/03/2002, 4:29 PM
I do not think that he would have got abuse yesterday, simply cos there was no abuse yesterday, there was no moaning or giving out yesterday. Everyone, including Moses, was in good spirits and showed their appreciation for the team.

mouldymurphy
25/03/2002, 5:59 PM
i was there early and some gimp that was with moses gave him abuse:mad: