PDA

View Full Version : Moving companies

Gerrit
11/07/2005, 5:30 PM
As I am relocating from Dublin to Belfast, I would need an easy way to get my stuff to Belfast. I packed everything last weekend, and I have exactly 10 boxes/bags. This seems a bit much to carry it all over by bus, so I was thinking of renting a car for one day or hiring a "moving company" (if that is proper English ? I mean the sort of company that people use to move their stuff etc when relocating) I guess a small minibus would do just fine.

I first thought of a taxi (you know, the van-like taxi's) but a taxi ride from Dublin to Belfast would cost me 220 euro, and I have a feeling it can be done for a much more reasonable price...

Does anyone know a company whose services I could use for a reasonable price, and/or a good place to hire a car for one day for a good price ?

superfrank
11/07/2005, 5:41 PM
I know a lad who had his stuff moved from Dublin city centre out here to Bray and it cost 100euros. So I think you're going to have to fork out a fair bit to get to Belfast.

By the way Gerrit, what's the word on your new website?

Gerrit
11/07/2005, 5:45 PM
My new website ?? Where did you find out I'm planning to release a website ? Press leeks everywhere these days... :) It will be just a self-promotional thing, with my CV, bit of reports on football and concerts I wrote, and a blog.
I also hoop to release a new version of my soccer site soon, I used MSN Groups in the past but want to re-release it as a proper website.

100 bucks from Dublin to Bray ?? But how many stuff did he have to transport ? I only have 10 boxes/bags...

superfrank
11/07/2005, 9:09 PM
You said it here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=300124#post300124)

The guy was living in an apartment so I can't imagine he had much stuff and the place he lives in now is pretty small. I'd say he had about a van full of stuff. I think it was a Toyota Hi-Ace if that helps. :o

Gerrit
11/07/2005, 11:39 PM
But if Dublin-Bray is already 100 euro, then Dublin-Belfast will cost me half a month's salary :eek:

Maybe renting a car is a better idea. For 100 euro I should be able to rent a car for one day, and then everything should hopefully suit in the backseat space and trunk. I don't have a drivers license but a (now ex-)colleague of mine is prepared to drive :cool:

Macy
12/07/2005, 8:49 AM
Superfrank - that removal fella wasn't based at the southern cross junction of the N11 was it :eek: :D

Car might be the way to go if you can organise it I'd say....

superfrank
12/07/2005, 9:09 AM
Eh, no. The lads were from Dublin.

Anyway they're not there anymore. They were moved cos they'd turned that wood into a dump.

dcfc_1928
12/07/2005, 11:05 AM
Hire a small van. It'll probably be cheaper than hiring a car.

As I am relocating from Dublin to Belfast, I would need an easy way to get my stuff to Belfast. I packed everything last weekend, and I have exactly 10 boxes/bags. This seems a bit much to carry it all over by bus, so I was thinking of renting a car for one day or hiring a "moving company" (if that is proper English ? I mean the sort of company that people use to move their stuff etc when relocating) I guess a small minibus would do just fine.

I first thought of a taxi (you know, the van-like taxi's) but a taxi ride from Dublin to Belfast would cost me 220 euro, and I have a feeling it can be done for a much more reasonable price...

Does anyone know a company whose services I could use for a reasonable price, and/or a good place to hire a car for one day for a good price ?