Provincial final # 70 .

Oooooooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah dig it!

Anto McC
11/07/2005, 5:25 PM
Made hard work of it

Superhoops
11/07/2005, 8:30 PM
Made hard work of it
But apart from first 15 minutes Cork never really looked liked they were going to take control. Kerry have this habit of only just doing as much as they need to. When they scored the goal there was only going to be one winner.

Still fancy them to be at CP at the end of September.

Kingdom
12/07/2005, 3:32 PM
`What would they be doing over at Celt!c Park in September, I would have hoped they'd be going to Jones' Road.......

Maybe Strachan wants to show the Bhoys a team that actually wins things !!

:D

Superhoops
12/07/2005, 6:45 PM
`What would they be doing over at Celt!c Park in September, I would have hoped they'd be going to Jones' Road.......
Hate Kerry smartasses!! :rolleyes: I have changed my mind, hope they meet the losers of Tyrone/Armagh in quarters and get hockeyed :D :D

Kingdom
12/07/2005, 8:25 PM
Hate Kerry smartasses!! :rolleyes: I have changed my mind, hope they meet the losers of Tyrone/Armagh in quarters and get hockeyed :D :D

Ah it's a bit of banter (sorry Adam). Anyway, I genuinely want us to meet one of the big teams like Armagh/Tyrone Dublin :rolleyes:
Imagine that one two Sams between them and suddenly their a "big gun".

At least Dublin have the medals to back up their ill-advised arrogance.

Troy.McClure
12/07/2005, 9:15 PM
Good job we have 80 in Cork :D (although thats including hurling, but I doubt ye could string 10 of them together over 100 years)

Kingdom
13/07/2005, 4:58 PM
To be fair Cork won 7 out of 9 between 87 and 95, mind you that was after kerry won them all between 75 and 86 (joking of course :eek:

Troy.McClure
13/07/2005, 6:01 PM
To be fair Cork won 7 out of 9 between 87 and 95, mind you that was after kerry won them all between 75 and 86 (joking of course :eek:

Just as long as we both know Cork are better ;) :p

Kingdom
13/07/2005, 9:00 PM
Had to make do with Weeshie and co. on Radio Kerry as was driving down the country. They seemed less than impressed with Kerry's midfield.

Tbh, would never put Cork football down, at least they always played the game in a good clean manner and for a while in the 80s provided Kerry with better opposition than any other county...bar Offaly of course. In fact, it seems to me that last year Kerry styled themselves to a certain extent on the harry and hustle ugly style of football as preferred by most Ulster teams, and if they persist in going down that road I will lose my already limited interest in gaelic football altogether.

Yeah Nicholas Murphy at centre field had a cracking game for COrk. Unfortunately his distribution was only average.

I disagree about Kerry's style. The "expert analysts" have been harping on about Kerry's new found toughness, but that's a load of cack. They've only just done what any team worth their salt have done and that's put an emphasis on defenders actually defending.

That fact that Galvin was worth an all-star made people think that Keryr had resorted to the Ulster lark of having maybe three forwrads on the pitch. Kerry did not do that. Fact is they have better attacking defenders (Tom Sé) than some counties have actual attackers.

Just look at the All-Ireland championship last year. The last three games last year were the most complete attacking performances of the recent past and that's saying a lot.