PDA

View Full Version : Are TV3 showing Lfc v Tns?

Red Seagull
11/07/2005, 2:24 PM
I heard they were but it's not listed. :(

sligoman
11/07/2005, 2:26 PM
I heard they were but it's not listed. :(

Yeah, I'm nearly sure they are because tv3's main focus is football thats located outside of the country

Ruairi
11/07/2005, 2:26 PM
yup they are, listings go to print a week or soo before they're published so they wouldnt have had time to change them

Red Seagull
11/07/2005, 2:28 PM
I checked the listings on their website but there was no mention.

Anto McC
11/07/2005, 5:24 PM
Of course they are they always show "Oirish Teams" :rolleyes:

Gerrit
11/07/2005, 5:42 PM
I hope for a TNS stunt, but I don't really count on it... Probably my fantasies of TNS kicking LFC out will be much sweeter memories than the actual game itself... I'll watch it on TV anyway, just hoping for the miracle to happen.

Aaron GUFC
11/07/2005, 5:46 PM
..... I saw the add for it so its definitely on 7.30 Wednesday ya dirty Scouser!!!!! :D

Gerrit
11/07/2005, 5:48 PM
Wednesday ?? Crap, I'm at the Oval at that time...

tetsujin1979
12/07/2005, 9:47 AM
Yeah, saw it advertised last night, complete with dodgy Welsh accent over the ad too!

jimbob117
12/07/2005, 10:02 AM
will the shels-glentoran game be on?

ger121
12/07/2005, 10:17 AM
Yeah it's on RTE2 K.O. 7:00pm

elroy
12/07/2005, 10:38 AM
well if any of ye watch the pool game over the Shels game I will be disgusted. Dont mind lads supporting english teams but for some one to watch pool (in a meaningless game really) over a big night in europe for shels just sickens me

Orchard Celt
12/07/2005, 12:17 PM
well if any of ye watch the pool game over the Shels game I will be disgusted. Dont mind lads supporting english teams but for some one to watch pool (in a meaningless game really) over a big night in europe for shels just sickens me

I'll be watching the Shels game, although I live in the north I'll be supporting the Shels, would love too see them win and a big game after if they do win. Should be a more interesting game than the Liverpool 1.

Gerrit
12/07/2005, 4:59 PM
Was hoping LFC would play on Tuesday, but no... :( Oh well, would be too disappointing anyway to see my fantasy of a TNS victory be torn apart...

mypost
13/07/2005, 4:18 AM
Yeah, I'm nearly sure they are because tv3's main focus is football thats located outside of the country

:confused:

Only in Ireland, would you have the crazy tv contracts that dictate that RTE can show an Irish team playing in Europe, but not in their own league, and a rival station showing Liverpool games at the same time, when they are the ones who have the contract for NL coverage. :rolleyes:

dcfcsteve
13/07/2005, 9:38 AM
I'll be watching the Shels game, although I live in the north I'll be supporting the Shels, would love too see them win and a big game after if they do win. Should be a more interesting game than the Liverpool 1.

Do you support any EL team up in Armagh Orchard Celt ?

Macy
13/07/2005, 9:54 AM
Liverpool game not even on Analogue Terrestrial in the UK, yet it is in Ireland. Well done TV3 :rolleyes:

eirebhoy
13/07/2005, 10:23 AM
Liverpool game not even on Analogue Terrestrial in the UK, yet it is in Ireland. Well done TV3 :rolleyes:
Its on ITV2.

ciaran76
13/07/2005, 12:05 PM
I will be watching the big game tonight on RTE2. :)

Macy
13/07/2005, 12:52 PM
Its on ITV2.
i.e. digital tele not analogue terrestrial. :cool:

Orchard Celt
13/07/2005, 2:19 PM
Do you support any EL team up in Armagh Orchard Celt ?

I don't really follow anyone but I'd keep an eye out for Monaghan Utd or Derry City as they'd be nearer to me

monutdfc
13/07/2005, 2:30 PM
Good man OC.
It's a short trip, there's one or 2 from Armagh who come regularly to CHP.
Will you be at Century Homes Park on July 22 for Monaghan United v Celt!c Reserves/U21's?

sligoman
13/07/2005, 3:00 PM
Good man OC.
Will you be at Century Homes Park on July 22 for Monaghan United v Celt!c Reserves/U21's?

Never mind that game OC, the Sligo Rovers Vs. Celt!c Reserves game next Tuesday at 8pm will be better, the trip will be a bit longer for ya but trust me it's better than watching Monaghan play :p :D.

Orchard Celt
13/07/2005, 11:11 PM
Good man OC.

Is it all ticket or can you pay at the gate? not sure but I think I will go. I'am not 100% sure were the stadium is but have an idea but we find it, we'll just follow the drunks :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

dcfcsteve
13/07/2005, 11:49 PM
I don't really follow anyone but I'd keep an eye out for Monaghan Utd or Derry City as they'd be nearer to me

Goof to hear OC - support your fellow Nordies ! :)

Plus Monaghan are very sore on the eyes.... :)

4tothefloor
18/07/2005, 11:05 PM
TV3 signed a contract to show every Liverpool CL game this season, so that's why they had it. They have the rights to all Liverpool CL games for this season as far as I know, which is great because I will no longer have to watch RTE's pathetic wall to wall arse licking of Man Ure in europe. Or dodgy Saudi Arabian\Norweigen channels.

mypost
19/07/2005, 3:31 AM
AFAIK, TV3 only have the rights to show our home games in Europe. They don't have the contract for away games. Well in fairness, you don't expect them to cover our game in Lithuania now, do you?? :rolleyes:

ciaran76
19/07/2005, 7:14 AM
TV3 signed a contract to show every Liverpool CL game this season, so that's why they had it. They have the rights to all Liverpool CL games for this season as far as I know, which is great because I will no longer have to watch RTE's pathetic wall to wall arse licking of Man Ure in europe. Or dodgy Saudi Arabian\Norweigen channels.

Don't think you can do that. I know away games for any team in Europe is hard to get rights to that. Sure they don't even know who they are playing the the 3rd round qualifier yet so it would be impossible.

pete
19/07/2005, 9:44 AM
I would guess Tv3 have rights for Liverpools home CL qualifier games which are not part of european wide CL rights deals. Its not possible to guarantee all Liverpools CL group games.

onenilgameover
19/07/2005, 1:42 PM
What's the Story am I right to belive that tv3 are showing the Liverpool game tonight? and its just not shown on their listings?

Red Seagull
19/07/2005, 4:51 PM
I dont think they are. I think they will only showing home games. (which is crazy). :mad:

Is the Shels game on tv tonight?

KR's Post
19/07/2005, 4:57 PM
Liverpool v T.N.S is on tonight on tv3......
Shels v Glentoran on rte tamara night.!!!!

Red Seagull
19/07/2005, 5:12 PM
Is it really on tv3? I thought they only had our away fixtures?

I havent been to a Bray match in ages. :eek:

Better get my act together.

4tothefloor
19/07/2005, 11:15 PM
Sorry, that should have said every Liverpool home game. They don't have the exclusive rights to Liverpool's away games but intend to show as much of them as possible from the group stages onwards. Basically the plan is to show Liverpool as much as possible. I saw a tv3 document about this a few weeks back. It was doing the rounds in e-mails as well.

4tothefloor
19/07/2005, 11:18 PM
AFAIK, TV3 only have the rights to show our home games in Europe. They don't have the contract for away games. Well in fairness, you don't expect them to cover our game in Lithuania now, do you?? :rolleyes:
What's the :rolleyes: about mypost? You still think Benitez is doing things all wrong because he called your beloved Stevie G's bluff? Now i'm going to do a :rolleyes: . So there :D