PDA

View Full Version : Uefa Cup

Pages : [1] 2

Ronnie
11/07/2005, 10:37 AM
Whats the opinions for Thursday night? What would constitute a good result? I'd be delighted to go the away leg with 2-0.

Macy
11/07/2005, 10:43 AM
Whats the opinions for Thursday night? What would constitute a good result? I'd be delighted to go the away leg with 2-0.
A must win. No excuses this year. Ideally I'd like the tie to be over come the trip to Wales, but would take a win to nil....

Steveoc
11/07/2005, 10:51 AM
A must win. No excuses this year. Ideally I'd like the tie to be over come the trip to Wales, but would take a win to nil....

Best of luck from a Cork City fan. Sincerly hope ye play with a bit more ambition than ye did on your last 2 visits to The Cross though. ( Admitedly it worked last time round but it's doing nothing to encourage fans through the turnstiles.)

EnDai
11/07/2005, 11:09 AM
We have to be gunning for as many wins from the 6 legs as possible, and 6 from 6 is possible! :) Best of luck to ye, and to Cork aswell, do the league proud! :D

kevincronin2000
11/07/2005, 11:15 AM
good luck longford, But dont under estimate your opponents, the last time an el club played a team from the then konica league of wales Cork City only went through on the away goal rule.

Cwmbran Town 3 Cork City 2

Cork City 2 Cwmbran 1

Ronnie
11/07/2005, 11:16 AM
I'll go with that - wouldn't it be great if all 3 clubs could get through a round!

Longfordian
11/07/2005, 12:03 PM
Hard to know what the standard is like over there but we should be good enough to go through especially as we should be fitter at this point. Reports from Wales have it that they're strong and well organised so it mightn't be that easy. 1-0 or 2-0 would be just fine for me

paudie
11/07/2005, 12:24 PM
Best of luck on Thursday.

Not trying to wind ye up but ye really should beat them over the 2 legs. Saw a couple of ye're Setanta games as was impressed with a lot of ye're play.

Myler, Dillon, Kirby, Digger, O'Connor, Martin and Ferguson are good players and hopefully they'll show that over the 2 games.

They came 6th in their league which seems to be inferior to ours. The Welsh league's euro results in the last few years have been very poor.

Better off having the home leg first and ye'll go for a win and finish the tie off. If ye were away first leg ye might be happy with a 0-0 or a small defeat and then struggle at home.

Wiseguy
11/07/2005, 1:21 PM
We really should win this tie and their can't be any excuses.We should be much fitter and sharper than Carmarthen and a 2 - 0 win should be our minimum aim.

Sonic
11/07/2005, 3:05 PM
We really should win this tie and their can't be any excuses.We should be much fitter and sharper than Carmarthen and a 2 - 0 win should be our minimum aim.

I think just scraping 1-0 over the two legs will be matthews aim :rolleyes: ;)

Ronnie
11/07/2005, 3:07 PM
.....after extra time!

Sonic
11/07/2005, 3:39 PM
Better still o-o shutout our specialities and a win on pens :D

Longfordian
11/07/2005, 3:43 PM
Ideally as I said 2-0 or 3-0 would be lovely but given that we stand to make close to €100,000 by going through forgive me if I put up with "winning ugly"!

Pauro 76
12/07/2005, 3:23 PM
wont be at the game but is it possible to get live web updates? good luck to the Town by the way, hope we get a decent cushion to take over to Wales!

town73
12/07/2005, 5:11 PM
Pauro, sorry no web updates from the game. Haven't got broadband in Flancare yet. It's due soon. We're waiting on eircom to install it.

They're putting in Wi-fi (wireless) broadband into the pressbox and a broadband line in the VIP room as part of their sponsorship. We were hoping to have it in Flancare in time for the UEFA cup game, but it doesn't look likely at this stage. When it is installed, we'll be trying to have each game 'live' on the web.

I'm sure Martinho will be able to give you some text updates. Try that Shannonside thing that I mentioned to you before. Check before to see if they are doing it live. They should be.

Xlex
12/07/2005, 5:13 PM
Try that Shannonside thing that I mentioned to you before. Check before to see if they are doing it live. They should be.

ring them and get put on hold???:eek:

town73
12/07/2005, 6:34 PM
yeah. Quite common among US during GAA championship, so I'm told. Maybe Sinead could clarify ....

Maz
12/07/2005, 9:59 PM
yeah. Quite common among US during GAA championship, so I'm told. Maybe Sinead could clarify ....

I can confirm it is quite common alrite but dont all be ringing hoggin the lines!

Martinho II
13/07/2005, 9:18 AM
i remember one of the section o lads that used to poston this forum trev roma rang from italy to home to listen to the live commentary of the home game against lovech and stayed put on the phone to listen to the commentary! an idea for ye pauro but goodness knows wot the old lass would think of it! :p

Wiseguy
13/07/2005, 9:44 AM
I know 2 lads who done it from the Lebanon.They bought 1 of those cheap int. calling cards and listened to our 1st cup final.Cost them about £20 but it should be much cheaper from the UK or states as they will offer really competitive rates to ring Ireland.

superfrank
13/07/2005, 9:57 AM
Good luck tomorrow lads. Was someone joking when they mentioned tony Bird playing for Carmarthen? :eek:

Macy
13/07/2005, 10:00 AM
Good luck tomorrow lads. Was someone joking when they mentioned tony Bird playing for Carmarthen? :eek:
It was on the Drogs mb that he'd signed for them, but no mention on their website. Does mention that the manager watched us in Bray on Friday and thought we were good - if they think that was a good performance we really must win this tie comprehensively....

Pauro 76
13/07/2005, 10:13 AM
I can confirm it is quite common alrite but dont all be ringing hoggin the lines!

ah good old Shannonside. ill be relying on them so. and ringing random members of Section O too!

De Town
13/07/2005, 10:28 AM
Was someone joking when they mentioned tony Bird playing for Carmarthen? :eek:
go to uefa.com and he's in their squad list alright.

Longfordian
13/07/2005, 12:02 PM
It was on the Drogs mb that he'd signed for them, but no mention on their website. Does mention that the manager watched us in Bray on Friday and thought we were good - if they think that was a good performance we really must win this tie comprehensively....

I know. Some of their officials were in the pub after the game and actually seemed impressed. Luckily, our own manager was quite rightly far from gruntled with the performance. I'd expect us to be flying at them from the start.

Wiseguy
13/07/2005, 2:40 PM
I think if we come out of the blocks flying,take our chances and play sensible at the back we could finish the tie in Flancare.

Flea
13/07/2005, 11:22 PM
take our chances
:)

and play sensible at the back we could finish the tie in Flancare.

We are usually composed at the back so should be fine but we need to get a goal or two to be comfortable for the second leg, agree though, our inability to finish will decide whether we'll go through

Pauro 76
14/07/2005, 10:07 AM
Best of luck to the Town tonight! The phone line to Shannonside will be hopping! (from mainly myself...)

Arsene About
14/07/2005, 12:37 PM
Best of luck tonight to De Town. Have to be looking to score twice and hopefully keep it tight at the back as always

Bosco
14/07/2005, 1:56 PM
Anyone know how many of the welsh we are expecting?????

EnDai
14/07/2005, 1:59 PM
14 and 3 sheep. Total: 17. :)

Bosco
14/07/2005, 2:17 PM
And will the sheep be paying in????

joeSoap
14/07/2005, 2:38 PM
Best of luck from all at Limerick FC.... :ball:

Wiseguy
14/07/2005, 2:54 PM
Fcuk me but this is the longest day ever.Can't wait for the match tonight and hopefully witness our first victory in Europe.I would like to thank all those who have wished us well and hopefully we won't let you down.

superfrank
14/07/2005, 3:50 PM
It was the (http://66.223.111.87/euroclub/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=18191) Tony Bird!!!!!

Does this seem like a step down for him?

Murph
14/07/2005, 4:23 PM
Yeah good luck to the Town tonight. Heres to a good victory and a good night out for all afterwards. I'm sure the welsh will be excellent guests.

centre mid
14/07/2005, 5:08 PM
No pressure lads, but EL teams are now 2 for 2 in european games this week :o

Serioulsy thought, best of luck ;)

Poor Student
14/07/2005, 7:05 PM
Anyone have any idea how the Town are doing?

BobbySands
14/07/2005, 7:18 PM
Winning 1-0 at half time.

razor
14/07/2005, 7:18 PM
Anyone have any idea how the Town are doing?livescore says 1 up Paisley

Poor Student
14/07/2005, 7:20 PM
I know but anyone know how they're performing?

Mayo Red
14/07/2005, 9:52 PM
Well done lads, good result!

sligoman
15/07/2005, 2:06 AM
Fair play to ye lads, good result, keep it up! ;)

mypost
15/07/2005, 3:20 AM
Congrats on winning a European match. :) Better than when yous let down the NL last season by losing twice to a bunch of unfit, out-of-season; bankers, binmen, and bus drivers, from the Swiss second division. Carmanthen may not be Brazil either, but at least they play in the top division of their own league, so I consider them to be a better side than who yous played against last year.

Pauro 76
15/07/2005, 7:43 AM
what a fantastic result, roll on two weeks! With Camarthen not scoring an away goal, our dream of the next round is well within our grasp. lets hope all the Irish sides make it through their respective ties two weeks time! :)

Xlex
15/07/2005, 7:58 AM
Congrats on winning a European match. :) Better than when yous let down the NL last season by losing twice to a bunch of unfit, out-of-season; bankers, binmen, and bus drivers, from the Swiss second division. Carmanthen may not be Brazil either, but at least they play in the top division of their own league, so I consider them to be a better side than who yous played against last year.

ask me ________, ya patronising git... Why wouldn't we get a result against a side who are part-time and are operating of small budget... Get with the programme, Vadus were full time and only the cream of our league can the top of their game would have beat Vadus... Why do we have to put up with muppets? One of lifes little challenges???

Réiteoir
15/07/2005, 8:03 AM
Congrats on winning a European match. Better than when yous let down the NL last season by losing twice to a bunch of unfit, out-of-season; bankers, binmen, and bus drivers, from the Swiss second division. Carmanthen may not be Brazil either, but at least they play in the top division of their own league, so I consider them to be a better side than who yous played against last year.

errr - Vaduz actually are a decent PROFESSIONAL side - narrowly missing promotion to the Premier in Switzerland two seasons running.

Plus they're virtually the Liechtenstein National Team, minus Mario Frick (the striker) and the goalkeeper Peter Jehle.

and don't try to pick that apart - my knowledge of Liechtenstein football is vast and in depth

Réiteoir
15/07/2005, 8:11 AM
oh - and there are no binmen or bus drivers in the Vaduz side.

Sure there's a couple of bank workers in there (not the ones who sit behind the counters - but the ones who work as brokers, etc.) plus a winemaker (Harry Zech), a couple of office workers - but mainly they are full-time professional footballers.

superfrank
15/07/2005, 8:58 AM
Well done last night. :)

pineapple stu
15/07/2005, 9:22 AM
ask me ________, ya patronising git... Why wouldn't we get a result against a side who are part-time and are operating of small budget... Get with the programme, Vadus were full time and only the cream of our league can the top of their game would have beat Vadus... Why do we have to put up with muppets? One of lifes little challenges???
Ah now - sure of course he's right! Vaduz are a lower division team and Carmarthen aren't, therefore Vaduz are worse. Makes perfect sense! The same way Shamrock Rovers (or Carmarthen for that matter) are far better than Southampton, Wolves, etc... :rolleyes: