PDA

View Full Version : Whos that player???

soccerhead
25/03/2002, 12:00 AM
I was in Tolka Park 2 weeks ago watching Galway play Shels and i was really impressed by the centre midfielder wearing number 11 shirt. He had to go off injured and when he did shels blew them away, he was your best player. like to know his name.

pete
25/03/2002, 12:03 AM
Dunno about the no. 11 jersey but could be Crawford.

IMO Crawford been one of the most impressive players this season & has also scored a good few goals from midfield.

James
25/03/2002, 12:09 AM
think his name is O'Brien..Derek maybe

pete
25/03/2002, 11:04 AM
doh! thought you asking about $hel$.

Genuine mistake though as it ain't too often people look for info on good Galway players.

;)

JC_GUFC
28/03/2002, 3:48 PM
I was kind of drunk that night and just remember that we were rubbish, it wouldn't have been Derek O'Brien if he was playing centre-mid, possibly Colin Fortune.

Can't remember the game and I don't think I'll find anyone else who can!!!!! :)

CU
JC

Éanna
29/03/2002, 2:28 PM
Originally posted by JC_GUFC
I was kind of drunk that night
honestly, the youth of today! Would ye all go and join te pioneers for the love of god :D

niamh
05/04/2002, 4:00 PM
Could have been Quirke, from what I remember

JC_GUFC
08/04/2002, 9:42 AM
You weren't at that game Niamh!!!!! Or from what I remember anyway! :) It must have been a dream you were having of being at a Galway United game! :)))))

CU
JC

James
08/04/2002, 12:49 PM
or maybe a dream about someone from galway:D

niamh
09/04/2002, 5:11 PM
And you'd remember that cause you were completely sober Jules?!

I was at the game recently when Galway graced the Tolka pitch and it was Quirke at no. 11. I was suggesting it might be the same player...

And as for dreaming about a Galway man...it would had to have been some sort of hellish nightmare :eek:

JC_GUFC
10/04/2002, 9:51 AM
have rarely graced any pitches this season!

As for Tolka our best result there was the aforementioned 2-0 defeat at the hands of Shelbourne! :(

As for your dreams I know you dream of a Noel Hartigan hat-trick in the cup final and then getting to "congratulate" him afterwards! ;)

CU
JC

Éanna
10/04/2002, 1:30 PM
I know you dream of a Noel Hartigan hat-trick in the cup final and then getting to "congratulate" him afterwards!
Now now, you shouldn't talk about someone else doing gunthers job until he gets sacked! :D

JC_GUFC
10/04/2002, 2:15 PM
are that Noel Hartigan is a decent player in CM 00-01 and that a certain Cork City fan now exiled in Germany was responsible for the player ratings! :p

CU
JC

Éanna
10/04/2002, 2:17 PM
are that Noel Hartigan is a decent player in CM 00-01 and that a certain Cork City fan now exiled in Germany was responsible for the player ratings!
PHUCK OFF! 3 years later and I'm still gettin abuse over that! I'M SORRY OK?!:D :o

James
11/04/2002, 8:08 AM
mwwahaahaaa

maybe thats what gunther uses to pick his team.. he plays the game in champ manager b4 hand and then plays his team based on how the players get on in the champ manager game

thats the only reason haritgan is playing every week.. gunthers waiting for him to producethe goods, but it looks like hartigan saves himself for the championship managers games instead..

so prob indirectly seeing as Eanna set the rating for the game.. then its eanna's fault hartigan is playing every week

EAnna OUT

niamh
11/04/2002, 10:54 AM
have rarely graced any pitches this season!

As for your dreams I know you dream of a Noel Hartigan hat-trick in the cup final and then getting to "congratulate" him afterwards! ;)

CU
JC

Ehhhh? Isn't that your dream JC? And you can continue on yer tall long legged way down the happier ever after path...:p

I dream of Patsy meself...:rolleyes:

niamh
11/04/2002, 10:56 AM
And why is this Galway group still in the Premier Division section??? eh??

teehee!!

JC_GUFC
11/04/2002, 12:09 PM
City need 9 points next season but without them you'll be in serious relegation trouble!!! :D

CU
JC

Éanna
11/04/2002, 1:57 PM
City need 9 points next season but without them you'll be in serious relegation trouble!!!
good point :(

ccfcman
11/04/2002, 3:47 PM
poor old galway..now a first div. team