PDA

View Full Version : Galway crowned Connacht Champions....

Conor H
10/07/2005, 3:48 PM
....Fair play to the lads they deserved it and hopefully they can bring Sam home aswell.
Galway 0-10- Mayo 0- 8 :)

exiled_gufc_fan
10/07/2005, 4:29 PM
....Fair play to the lads they deserved it and hopefully they can bring Sam home aswell.
Galway 0-10- Mayo 0- 8 :)

To be honest I watched this (in my GUFC jersey) in Jono's in Ilford and thought we played rubbish. Too many wides. The only reason we deserved it was that Mayo were worse... indeed the consesnus in the pub afterwards was that neither will get any further...

Still - GUFC, senior hurlers and both minor & senioe footballers won so not a bad weekend i guess!

Poor Student
10/07/2005, 6:01 PM
Poor game from a technical perspective. Neither team will win the All-Ireland. Way too many wasted chances by both sides and poor give aways.

Conor H
10/07/2005, 6:09 PM
To be honest I watched this (in my GUFC jersey) in Jono's in Ilford and thought we played rubbish. Too many wides. The only reason we deserved it was that Mayo were worse... indeed the consesnus in the pub afterwards was that neither will get any further...

Still - GUFC, senior hurlers and both minor & senioe footballers won so not a bad weekend i guess!
There was quite a few wearing Utd jersey's,including me.I just wonder do they all go to Terryland

Aaron GUFC
10/07/2005, 6:29 PM
Stick to the soccer lads :D

tayto repairman
10/07/2005, 8:13 PM
isn't it about time you lot started following a real game (like hurling or gaelic football) instead of watching a foreign game with a bunch of fairies falling about at the slightest hint of contact.

face it, lads - ''soccer'' is dead in ireland. and the fai are laughable.

gaillimh abu! :cool:

Mayo Red
10/07/2005, 9:07 PM
Stick to the soccer lads :D

Couldn't agree more!

Mayo Red
10/07/2005, 9:14 PM
isn't it about time you lot started following a real game (like hurling or gaelic football) instead of watching a foreign game with a bunch of fairies falling about at the slightest hint of contact.

I think you wandered on to the wrong website mate! :rolleyes:

tayto repairman
10/07/2005, 9:42 PM
:p ;)

Anto McC
10/07/2005, 10:02 PM
I fancied Galway for the Connacht title from the start but an All-Ireland title in the Football is well beyond them

Conor H
10/07/2005, 10:15 PM

Sto talking ****e :rolleyes: :mad:
P.s this is an "other sports" forum lads hense the reason i aint talking about soccer. :rolleyes:

swinfordfc
11/07/2005, 11:39 AM
Lads,
it was a poor game of football from too bad teams and i doubt either team will progressed any further to be honest, well done to peter ford, i think its about the county board gets a right manager in mayo!!!

magic moments
11/07/2005, 12:01 PM
A terrible performance from MAYO, am gutted looks like another year waiting for sam :(

Eire06
11/07/2005, 12:03 PM
Very poor match, especially when you look at the quality of Football in the other two finals..
It says a lot for how behind Connaght are in the standard of football in the country.. there was the time when we were up with the best but the standard has gone downhill fast and something has to be done about it...
Part of the problem is that there are only really two football teams in connaght because the rest aren't even worth mentioning, with doesn't give us much competition and thus the standard stays low, if we were playing the likes of Tyrone, Armagh, Kerry ect regularly I'd say it would be a very different story IMO

Bad football from both sides but I have to say Mayo were worse and considering they made the final last year they were embarrassing!!

At least it will keep them quiet for another year they have to be the worst winners I have ever come across.. It was great to see them all mouth before the game talking about the hammering we're going to get and not a peep out of them after the final whistle.. :D apart from blaming the ref for everything and it being nothing to do with the fact that they were crap :rolleyes:

Pity all the lads on the pitch because it was a scorcher of a day and not a breath of wind in the stadium.. I had to sit down in terraces repeatedly because of the heat and I am a glowing red colour today because of it!!

Was very surprised to see the amount of GUFC jerseys there.. Especially since I get abuse when I wear my GAA jersey to terryland :eek:

Terry
11/07/2005, 1:34 PM
Was very surprised to see the amount of GUFC jerseys there.. Especially since I get abuse when I wear my GAA jersey to terryland :eek:

And you still will !! ;) :)

I agree with Aaron, they can stick there stupid GAAAAA up there a***.
Amateur sport, played by amateur players and supported by red necks !! :D

tayto repairman
11/07/2005, 1:45 PM

ooh yeah.. great call.. :rolleyes:

and i suppose the fai players are multi-millionaires eh? hahah.. paaavies :D

Terry
11/07/2005, 1:57 PM
and i suppose the fai players are multi-millionaires eh?

Why? Are the GAAAA players? I suppose they would be with all the pay packages the farmers get every year!! :D

Eire06
11/07/2005, 1:59 PM

I'm sorry have you looked around terryland park lately..
Looks more amateur than Galway GAA team any day and have you see the way GUFC is ran.. a joke..
At least the GAA are organised and run their clubs and county teams efficiently :mad:

Try getting the crowds at terryland that you get at Galway County matches and you can talk then

Terry
11/07/2005, 2:10 PM
Looks more amateur than Galway GAA team any day and have you see the way GUFC is ran.. a joke..
At least the GAA are organised and run their clubs and county teams efficiently :mad:

Try getting the crowds at terryland that you get at Galway County matches and you can talk then

Whats wrong with the way GUFC is run? After years of crap that we had to put up with, the structure now in place is one of the best in the country.

Efficiently run? I suppose you could be right? Its fairly handy when one of your top players is injured you can call of the match until he is fit. An dthe fact that there is less players playing both GAAAA sports combined than there is playing football it is easier to run!!! :)

As for the crowds? Ask them to go but all you'll here is "english sport feck them!" :rolleyes: but they are the same people that spend hundreds to go see Man U, Liverpool....etc.

Eire06
11/07/2005, 2:28 PM
Whats wrong with the way GUFC is run? After years of crap that we had to put up with, the structure now in place is one of the best in the country.
Was it not up until a few weeks ago everyone was calling for heads to roll and that the board is not telling the Fans what's going on, no press realese to us ect and Stephen was being slated for poor desisions and that the team weren't getting on with each other.....

Efficiently run? I suppose you could be right? Its fairly handy when one of your top players is injured you can call of the match until he is fit. An dthe fact that there is less players playing both GAAAA sports combined than there is playing football it is easier to run!!! :)
You can't be honestly trying to tell me that the FAI is a more organised and efficient organisation than the GAA your having a laugh :rolleyes:
Not even going to argue this point

As for the crowds? Ask them to go but all you'll here is "english sport feck them!" :rolleyes: but they are the same people that spend hundreds to go see Man U, Liverpool....etc.

I go to both Galway United matches and Galway County hurling and Football matches..
and I know a load of people who support both GAA and soccer but not EL soccer they support the English clubs and claim the EL is a crap poorly organised amateur league :rolleyes:

Terry
11/07/2005, 3:27 PM
Was it not up until a few weeks ago everyone was calling for heads to roll and that the board is not telling the Fans what's going on, no press realese to us ect and Stephen was being slated for poor desisions and that the team weren't getting on with each other.....

That was against the performances of the players and not the club.

You can't be honestly trying to tell me that the FAI is a more organised and efficient organisation than the GAA your having a laugh :rolleyes:
Not even going to argue this point.....
where did I compare one another, I was saying they are both crap !!!! :D but both for different reasons

I go to both Galway United matches and Galway County hurling and Football matches..
and I know a load of people who support both GAA and soccer but not EL soccer they support the English clubs and claim the EL is a crap poorly organised amateur league :rolleyes:

And thats the people I hate the most! If your a true supporter of any sport you'll watch the game at all levels and not just the top! They go to sh*t club GAAAAAA matches which are at a much lower level to county championships but its a different story when it comes to football ?? Two faced B*st*rds the lot of them. :mad: :rolleyes:

Roo69
11/07/2005, 3:34 PM

Ah is that why all the scum bags booed for the minutes silence for the victims of the london bombing in croker ? ah lovely bunch alogether.

Totally sickening :mad:

Terry
11/07/2005, 3:42 PM
Are you serious Roo ? B*st*rds the lot of them, no call for that !! :mad:

Metrostars
11/07/2005, 3:46 PM
Galway for the Double!

Eire06
11/07/2005, 3:49 PM
That was against the performances of the players and not the club.
:
Management and the board got just as much of a slating Terry.. they were calling for Lallys head and for the board to release a statment of their plans for the club

where did I compare one another, I was saying they are both crap !!!! :D but both for different reasons
:
The GAA is a well organised and well run Association as fra as I can see far from 'crap'..
Just wondering are you one of these anti-GAA soccer supporters.. who think the GAA is to blame for all that is wrong with sport in this country?

And thats the people I hate the most! If your a true supporter of any sport you'll watch the game at all levels and not just the top! They go to sh*t club GAAAAAA matches which are at a much lower level to county championships but its a different story when it comes to football ?? Two faced B*st*rds the lot of them. :mad: :rolleyes:
Yes they do annoy me too but I wouldn't call them Two faced really, in many rural community's it is the local GAA club that brings people together and most of them will go to support their clubs and under age teams because of this..

And what is being done to attract them to Galway United matches?
Were on good form now and if it continues watch and the numbers attending the matches will increase ;)

Ah is that why all the scum bags booed for the minutes silence for the victims of the london bombing in croker ? ah lovely bunch alogether.

Roo,

I watched the match and didn't see or hear any of that!!
Were you there?
Did anyone else hear this

Terry
11/07/2005, 4:00 PM
Management and the board got just as much of a slating Terry.. they were calling for Lallys head no it was mannions .... and of coarse it happened :D

The GAA is a well organised and well run Association as fra as I can see far from 'crap'..
Just wondering are you one of these anti-GAA soccer supporters.. who think the GAA is to blame for all that is wrong with sport in this country?
yes :)

And what is being done to attract them to Galway United matches?
Were on good form now and if it continues watch and the numbers attending the matches will increase ;)Of coarse, and they will be the first to complain when they arrive, supporters using bad language etc, etc.. :rolleyes: idiots

Roo,

I watched the match and didn't see or hear any of that!!
Were you there?
Did anyone else hear this

I dont think RTE will show that ? Did they? if so, RTE are bigger bigots than them! B*st*rds the lot of them !

Eire06
11/07/2005, 4:11 PM
no it was mannions .... and of coarse it happened :D
yes :)
Of coarse, and they will be the first to complain when they arrive, supporters using bad language etc, etc.. :rolleyes: idiots

I dont think RTE will show that ? Did they? if so, RTE are bigger bigots than them! B*st*rds the lot of them !

No Terry a good few people were calling for lally to go too, up until the form changed that is..
You seem to have a very bad attitude toward the GAA, A chip on your shoulder or something.. Its all a big conspiracy against you the GAA, RTE and even the government and the Gardai are in on it :rolleyes: Can you not get over it and just enjoy the sport.. You can like both you know, it is allowed it won't make you any less a fan

RE the bad language.. I would like to see some of the fellas calm it down a bit especially when there are young children about, or are you not able to support the team without cursing every two minutes.. Some of the things they come out with are horrible and disgusting and for kids to go and hear that is not on at all..

Terry
11/07/2005, 4:29 PM
Gaaaa Football has no skill to it what so ever! pick it up and kick it!! enough said, hurling? hit the ball as hard as you can! Boring!! :)

I curse constantly at all matches, so I say that if the family sections of the crowds dont want to here me sit somewhere else, theres plenty of empty seats around!! the vocal section of the supporters have always stayed around the centre of the stand and long may it continue. Anyway, those same people mightn't recognise it, but the Gaaaaa matches are probably worse for the bad language !! :eek:

Eire06
11/07/2005, 4:46 PM
Gaaaa Football has no skill to it what so ever! pick it up and kick it!! enough said, hurling? hit the ball as hard as you can! Boring!! :)

I curse constantly at all matches, so I say that if the family sections of the crowds dont want to here me sit somewhere else, theres plenty of empty seats around!! the vocal section of the supporters have always stayed around the centre of the stand and long may it continue. Anyway, those same people mightn't recognise it, but the Gaaaaa matches are probably worse for the bad language !! :eek:

I'm sorry but just watch a top level Football or Hurling match and you will see skill there that you will NOT even come close to in the EL 1st division..
If you watched the Kerry yesterday that was a perfect example, but you seem to have a set opinion on GAA and won't open your eyes to see it for the class sport it is..

All you have to do is play Hurling or football and see what still is required... :rolleyes:

and sure if your going by your descriptions of the sports soccer is just kicking a ball.. You seem to be a very biased person, if you open your eyes you might actually enjoy other sports you know :rolleyes:

There is no set Family area in Terryland and how are families and people with children supposed to know that someone they are going to sit near is going to be roaring ignorant, rude and vulgar words..

The odd swear word is ok, but some of the things so called fans come out with are a disgrace and as someone who attends both GAA and soccer matches I don't think GAA matches are half as bad, it is a more family orientated atmosphere at the GAA matches

tayto repairman
11/07/2005, 8:44 PM

are you 14?

let me guess, you probably had a go at hurling in national school, but got a severe wallop of a hurley across the legs when you were about 10. that experience was enough to scare you into quitting the game for good, so ever since then you've had a huge grudge against the GAA and the people whos unbelievable skill you tried, but failed so dismally to eminate.

then, when you went to college, the only sport you would participate in was indoor 5-a-side footie. *no cuts and bruises there, this is cool and i can kick all the nerdy kids heads in if i want to feel like a big man.*

am i close? :cool:

Terry
12/07/2005, 8:30 AM
am i close? :cool:

Yes ! I am 14 and I have completed college !!! :D

I have played both hurling and football up until I was 18 when my foot was broke in 5 places and cant play any sport any more (I fell of a roof ! :rolleyes: ). I captained my local football club to numerous cups and well, won feck all in the hurling.

As I have said I just dont see the attraction of them anymore?? :confused: I cant even watch the sport on tele! I guess just some people are like that!!

As for Eire06/

If it is that great how come the sport isnt been played in virtually every country, in ever housing development in the world. To say that football has no skill, to me says you dont understand the sport at all?? To say that the great Maradona, Pele, Best ....etc had no skill is pretty much sad :rolleyes:

Eire06
12/07/2005, 9:04 AM
As for Eire06/

If it is that great how come the sport isnt been played in virtually every country, in ever housing development in the world. To say that football has no skill, to me says you dont understand the sport at all?? To say that the great Maradona, Pele, Best ....etc had no skill is pretty much sad :rolleyes:

Terry I never said soccer had no skill I was describing football in the terms you were describing Hurling and football..
I love soccer and I go to a considerable amount of matches and it has plenty of skill.. so please read posts more carefully before you jump to conclusions.. :rolleyes:

And Hurling and football is quickly being spread around the world with new teams and leagues coming up every day.. In the US, Japan and around Europe, look into it you'd be suprised at its growing popularity. :D

Also you say you say even though you played it, there in no skill in GAA sports.. You must have been crap at it then and the lack of skill was in you not in the sport.. Don't slag off the sport because you were no good at it ;)

Terry
12/07/2005, 9:10 AM
You must have been crap at it then and the lack of skill was in you not in the sport.. Don't slag off the sport because you were no good at it

Yes, I was useless!! :rolleyes: that must of been why they made me captain! because I was crap !! :rolleyes:

Do you not think that the GAAAAA should try and develope hurling in connaught or Ulster? football in Kilkenny..or wherever else?? before trying to develope the sport in Japan??? :confused: Does that not sound strange to you ?

Eire06
12/07/2005, 9:23 AM
Yes, I was useless!! :rolleyes: that must of been why they made me captain! because I was crap !! :rolleyes:

Do you not think that the GAAAAA should try and develope hurling in connaught or Ulster? football in Kilkenny..or wherever else?? before trying to develope the sport in Japan??? :confused: Does that not sound strange to you ?

we only have you word for that :rolleyes:
Anyone who has played hurling

Galway has a good hurling team and a promotion of the sport is currently underway in the schools throughout the country, with them being provided with the gear and the facilities to play the sports.. So yes that is being taken care of also but you have to start at school and club level, before you have a county team worth talking about..
camogie is also very popular throughout connaught and ulster!