30/10/2021, 12:00 PM
First Division Semi Finals

1st Leg: Wednesday Nov 3rd:
Treaty versus UCD
Bray versus Galway

2nd Leg: Sunday Nov Nov 7th:
UCD versus Treaty
Galway versus Bray

First Division Final: Provisionally set for Friday Nov 19th.

Promotion/relegation playoff: Provisionally set for Friday November 26th.

Should be interesting. I don't think the 4 Div 1 teams will fear each other all that much. Galway in the best form I suppose despite last night. Bray kind of imploded last night, but I expect they were caught while chasing a goal to overtake Treaty.

I don't see whoever qualifies doing much against whoever finishes 9th in the Premier anyway, there seems to be a fair gulf between divisions this season.

Martinho II
30/10/2021, 4:42 PM
First Division Semi Finals

1st Leg: Wednesday Nov 3rd:
Treaty versus UCD
Bray versus Galway

2nd Leg: Sunday Nov Nov 7th:
UCD versus Treaty
Galway versus Bray

First Division Final: Provisionally set for Friday Nov 19th.

Promotion/relegation playoff: Provisionally set for Friday November 26th.

Should be interesting. I don't think the 4 Div 1 teams will fear each other all that much. Galway in the best form I suppose despite last night. Bray kind of imploded last night, but I expect they were caught while chasing a goal to overtake Treaty.

I don't see whoever qualifies doing much against whoever finishes 9th in the Premier anyway, there seems to be a fair gulf between divisions this season.

I havent seen the final first division table Osauran at all it wasnt in the Sun today or the first division results either?

Bucket
30/10/2021, 6:35 PM
You're literally on the Internet!

Bucket
30/10/2021, 6:35 PM
https://www.extratime.com/loi/first/

2 Year Contract
30/10/2021, 11:09 PM
Glad this fixture layout has remained this season. The one off game between the FD and PD side in a neutral venue is somewhat of a leveller for the FD side to pull it off similarly to how Longford did last year

PartySaint
31/10/2021, 11:46 AM
Going to be some few days for Bohs, playing the playoff on the 26th then the cup final on the 28th.

osarusan
01/11/2021, 7:59 PM
Would not surprise me if the UCD game needs to be postponed. The weather down here has been atrocious for most of the past week, very very heavy rain.

The next couple of days are supposed to be dry though.

pineapple stu
01/11/2021, 8:07 PM
Would suit us given our keeper went off injured on Friday

Would it be moved to Sunday instead? The date for the second leg

osarusan
02/11/2021, 9:47 AM
No idea. Today is dry here, if cold, so if we get the same tomorrow it will probably be ok.

NeverFeltBetter
02/11/2021, 10:12 AM
How does it work in Belfield regards tickets in the current circumstances? Or is there any point in asking given the importance of the game?

WeAreRovers
02/11/2021, 10:31 AM
How does it work in Belfield regards tickets in the current circumstances? Or is there any point in asking given the importance of the game?

I got tickets online - https://member.clubforce.com/tickets_m.asp?LL_ID=3085

pineapple stu
02/11/2021, 10:56 AM
Yup - buy tickets in advance as noted. There was a limit of 500 at a game I think, but that may have changed with the new restriction advice.

CraftyToePoke
02/11/2021, 11:03 AM
Didn't want UCD. Feel they've had the measure of us all year & were lucky with the one win we did have against them. Two legs, with the amount of possession they tend to have against us, can only see it ending here for us.

Still a fine season if it does & another season of stability without unpaid bills headlines in Div1 will do. Not sure how our best of regional junior players with a bit of LOI experience here & there would get on a division up anyway.

pineapple stu
02/11/2021, 11:14 AM
Thought ye were the better team in Market's Field and deserved the win tbh. We don't have the advantage of two home games this time, so I think it's closer than you reckon.

But if full-time Galway don't win the play-off, then they've made a serious hames of things, and I think they're the only side who could challenge the Premier team. We ran Waterford close in the Cup, but that was in the Bowl. In Waterford would be a different kettle of fish I think.

Bucket
02/11/2021, 2:41 PM
We kept chopping and changing formations and players earlier in the year and it cost us the title in the end. Lisa Fallon is a bluff but Mark Herrick joined as a coach in April and once JC settled on a team we have been hard to beat since. Football is terrible to look at but wasn't expecting anything else from JC. I don't mind, it's about results. It'll probably be the strongest Premier side in a play-off in a long time so whichever first division side gets there will be massive underdogs. Next year's First Division will be very competitive I think

osarusan
02/11/2021, 2:43 PM
The first game in the Bowl, we were the better team for 45 minutes, but collapsed completely in the second half. UCD could and should have had another couple of goals, and fitness didn't explain all of that.

Thought we were worth the win in Limerick, and even though we lost a couple of weeks ago, I didn't read too much into it, as Treaty at least looked fairly relaxed about it, and I think they weren't too bothered, apart from avoiding injuries/suspensions.

If we get past UCD, I wouldn't have much fear of Galway or Bray either, nor they of us I imagine.

All 4 teams pretty evenly matched I think, but Galway are in the best form, and the pro setup can only help.

nr637
03/11/2021, 2:24 PM
Are these games on LOITV?

KBurke
03/11/2021, 2:33 PM
Are these games on LOITV?

yes they are

Mr A
03/11/2021, 3:05 PM
They don't seem to be available on the premier season pass, are they on the D1 pass?

CrowdedHouse
03/11/2021, 3:39 PM
They don't seem to be available on the premier season pass, are they on the D1 pass?

Seems to be, clicked on it there and it's not looking for more money (Have D1 pass)

CraftyToePoke
03/11/2021, 6:15 PM
Fired mine up there, seems to be ok. I guess I'll know at 7.44.55 for sure which gives me ample time if not.

osarusan
03/11/2021, 9:06 PM
Well that's that. Nothing in the first half apart from a dreadful mistake for the UCD goal, but they were excellent in the second, stretching and tiring our defence, and especially in the final 20 minutes, when they clinically just ran us ragged and found the time and space the needed to get the second and third goals.

Colm Whelan was superb in the second half, and we ended physically and mentally drained. We just never got going in an attacking sense,, and apart from our one chance which was just wide from Dean George, I don't think we really forced the UCD keeper into a real save all night.

pineapple stu
03/11/2021, 9:11 PM
Yeah, that was surprisingly comprehensive. But Ryan doesn't punch into his own net and that shot on 70 goes in, and it's a completely different game.

But Whelan's two goals were lovely. One more now to go joint fifth in our all-time senior goalscorers list, and he hasn't played 50 games yet. He's level with Georgie Kelly and Jason Sherlock, and one behind Gary O'Neill and Dave McMillan, so he's surely going to be at a decent Premier side soon enough

DCSIL
03/11/2021, 9:12 PM
Good crowd tonight. 2000 maybe?

CraftyToePoke
03/11/2021, 9:18 PM
Yeah, that was surprisingly comprehensive.

I had a feeling that was coming.

Whelan to Rovers I hear ? Not going to be there long enough to break any records I'd say anyway, superb player and way too good for us tonight.

pineapple stu
03/11/2021, 9:24 PM
Well he's already broken one record - most league goals in a LoI season. He'd have most goals in a LoI season if the League Cup and LSC were played.

Don't know if he'll be around next year, but you'd imagine one more year at most is what we'll get. He's way too good for the First Division. But his current trajectory has him ahead of some really decent LoI forwards. Can add Ciarán Kilduff to that list too.

da bishop
03/11/2021, 9:28 PM
Even allowing for the three goals that was a complete borefest at the MF tonight.While Treaty were in bonus land getting to this point the performance was awful,nothing on target ,no passages of good play ,difficult to see what the actual plan was bar setting up not to lose, and fitness levels questionable..Ucd very good tactically ,dealt with all Treatys setplays comfortably and in Whelan have a real goalthreat ,could have won by more.Disappointing for the big crowd around 2 thousand maybe.

Nesta99
04/11/2021, 12:23 AM
Well he's already broken one record - most league goals in a LoI season. He'd have most goals in a LoI season if the League Cup and LSC were played.

Don't know if he'll be around next year, but you'd imagine one more year at most is what we'll get. He's way too good for the First Division. But his current trajectory has him ahead of some really decent LoI forwards. Can add Ciarán Kilduff to that list too.

Not yet as no goal scoring records count until the Pat Morley certificate of approval is issued!!

NeverFeltBetter
04/11/2021, 8:01 AM
Even allowing for the three goals that was a complete borefest at the MF tonight.While Treaty were in bonus land getting to this point the performance was awful,nothing on target ,no passages of good play ,difficult to see what the actual plan was bar setting up not to lose, and fitness levels questionable..Ucd very good tactically ,dealt with all Treatys setplays comfortably and in Whelan have a real goalthreat ,could have won by more.Disappointing for the big crowd around 2 thousand maybe.

I'd love to see a side-by-side of Market's Field best attendances with results. The home team seems to wilt more often than not when the numbers are there.

pineapple stu
07/11/2021, 4:13 PM
Treaty 1-0 up after five minutes, just to make things interesting

D24Saint
07/11/2021, 4:23 PM
Bray one up in Terryland (old money) to spoil the party.

D24Saint
07/11/2021, 5:18 PM
Things getting interesting in the bowl

pineapple stu
07/11/2021, 5:21 PM
Treaty down to ten should take the sting out of it. hopefully our fitness will tell too, but it's not been great.

D24Saint
07/11/2021, 5:28 PM
2-1 UCD , tie over

pineapple stu
07/11/2021, 5:29 PM
Yup. Thank God for that.

I don't see the Premier side having anything to fear from the playoff.

600-700 here. Decent for us

Nesta99
07/11/2021, 6:27 PM
Fair play to Bray, to go away to a full house and win against big spenders is an achievement!

osarusan
07/11/2021, 6:28 PM
Valiant effort from Treaty, but just too much ground to make up. It was very very interesting at 2-0, if only for a few minutes until the red card.

I thought the early goal left UCD jittery all game, and nearly every ball into the box caused them trouble, but they had their chances at the other end too, especially at the end as we tried to play it out from the back while also having everybody up in attack.

Still, a very solid and impressive season for Treaty, well done Tommy Barrett.

pineapple stu
07/11/2021, 6:28 PM
Fell over the line in the end, but will take that - and Bray next. Was not expecting that. That has to be a failure of a season for Caulfield? Fully pro squad and not mounting a title challenge and then not even scoring in the first round of the playoffs!

Finlay Harp
07/11/2021, 6:32 PM
When are the next round of games played?

pineapple stu
07/11/2021, 6:34 PM
I don't actually know.

I don't even know if we're home or away. The schedule changed recently I think

Bucket
07/11/2021, 6:37 PM
Neutral ground for a one-off play-off between UCD and Bray next weekend, winner plays 9th in Premier the following weekend also at a neutral ground, which is the Cup final weekend so most likely Friday night

pineapple stu
07/11/2021, 6:40 PM
That makes no sense at all, so I guess it's possible

D24Saint
07/11/2021, 6:56 PM
Could be Tallaght ? There is a game in Dalymount & Richmond next week. It would make no sense having the game outside the Dublin area , on that basis it could be in Turners X.

pineapple stu
07/11/2021, 6:59 PM
Given the crowds the playoffs are pulling in (3k Treaty, 4k Galway, 600/700 UCD and not sure on Bray), why have a neutral venue at all?

We finished higher than Bray; if it's a one-legged game, we host it.

I wouldn't object to the final being in Lansdowne before then Cup final, mind. I fear another 90 minutes of being rooted up the hole by the tactical genius that is Ollie though. :(

pineapple stu
07/11/2021, 7:04 PM
I'm told UCD v Bray is in Dalyer next Friday.

That's stupid. But better than the other option, which was Galway v UCD in Longford

D24Saint
07/11/2021, 7:05 PM
That would have been a great idea for a double header. It’s a bit forward thinking for the lot in abbotstown lot I’m afraid. I’d say it wouldn’t fly with the cops either.

Onapointoforder
07/11/2021, 7:06 PM
UCD v Bray - next Friday or following Friday?

pineapple stu
07/11/2021, 7:09 PM
This Friday

joey B
07/11/2021, 7:15 PM
Whatever first division team reach the final will have a slight advantage because the Final ,Final will be in Dublin,Tallaght or Richmond would be the venues for it…

Nesta99
07/11/2021, 7:33 PM
That would have been a great idea for a double header. It’s a bit forward thinking for the lot in abbotstown lot I’m afraid. I’d say it wouldn’t fly with the cops either.

Is WFAI Cup not on before the mens final as it has previously? The furore there would be if the Promotion/Relegation Playoff was given higher billing than the womans cup final even if it was a bigger draw for crowd espcially if Galway had managed it.

Has to go down as a poor season now for the coaching dream team of Caulfield and Fallon, a big full time squad and an almost as big backroom team.