PDA

View Full Version : Glens hit with Melaugh blow

A face
09/07/2005, 1:55 PM
Glens hit with Melaugh blow

Irish League champions Glentoran have been dealt a blow ahead of next week’s Champions League qualifier against Shelbourne with the news that key midfielder Gavin Melaugh is likely to miss the game through injury.

Former Aston Villa trainee Melaugh was one of their star performers last season as they pipped arch-rivals Linfield to the crown north of the border.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/euroclub/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=18101)

Anto McC
09/07/2005, 7:27 PM
Great news for Shels

glentoranfan
11/07/2005, 8:23 PM
It is a blow yes. He is a great player and you will release that as soon as you see him. However, the Glens have a squad of 20 or so and can pick from a few other talented lads.

Shels from what I hear think they are goint to walk all over us going by the comments, some of which are unsporting and sh1t on their forum. Let me asure you Shels fans now who think that is the case, you are going to have a tougher time that you think.

We have had 3 really good friendly fixtures, our side is determined, are expecting a tough game (unlike a lot of you lot) and up for it. The IL is no push over, remember the Setanta cup so you had better watch out!

Game on!

Lux Interior
11/07/2005, 11:43 PM
Melaugh's absence is McCallion's opportunity.

Was chatting to Gavin after Saturday's game. Obviously gutted but injury not as bad as first feared.

Should be ok for next round.

EnDai
12/07/2005, 9:19 AM
It is a blow yes. He is a great player and you will release that as soon as you see him. However, the Glens have a squad of 20 or so and can pick from a few other talented lads.

Shels from what I hear think they are goint to walk all over us going by the comments, some of which are unsporting and sh1t on their forum. Let me asure you Shels fans now who think that is the case, you are going to have a tougher time that you think.

We have had 3 really good friendly fixtures, our side is determined, are expecting a tough game (unlike a lot of you lot) and up for it. The IL is no push over, remember the Setanta cup so you had better watch out!

Game on!

I think most people are confident, as you have to be! I don't recall seeing any "unsporting" comments myself. I think for many the fitness levels etc will help our team, and almost everybody has said they'd be delighted with a score draw! Surely thats not being unsporting? :)

glentoranfan
12/07/2005, 4:52 PM
“People are saying that the Irish League is just as strong as the eircom League after Linfield beat us in the Setanta Cup final, but I’d argue that that was a one-off match and as it turned out they were more up for it on the day. I believe that over the course of the next week in the two games, that Shels will prove which of us is better.”

There is that arrogance again. A lot of the Shelbourne team/support are jumped up tossers! No offence to the deadon amongst you, but you have to admit, that is a little cocky. It is the EL not 'la liga' or something.

Notice how Coyle just says what we are going to try to do, not what he would like to do.

It will be a close match and any honest Shelboune supporter would admit that.

EnDai
13/07/2005, 9:28 AM
It will be. Nutsy's already predicted it'll be more of a scrap than a tactical game, and knowing our players temperment that'll give you a huge advantage! :( :)