PDA

View Full Version : Make no mistake - tonight was a massive result for City

Counting Crow
09/07/2005, 12:40 AM
This was a huge test of our ability to withstand the pressure being put on by the chasing pack ........ and boy did we pass the test.

Magnificent performance!

Here's my ratings and comments:

Devine - 7: Super save in the second half that kept us in the game. Handling very good. Didn't come for one ball near the end that could have cost us. Solid as usual though - SUPER KEEPER!
Hoggie - 7: Solid as a rock. Positioning was very good and he was quick to cut out most balls down his side.
Bennet - 7: Very solid. Was at fault for Foley's goal though - shouldn't have given him the free header. Still a class defender though.
Murray - 8: Could have cracked after the abuse he got on Tuesday but shows what a strong individual he is by putting in a performance like this tonight - excellent. Captain's performance.
Cockney Rebel - 7: He's back to his best. One loose pass was completely outshone by a very solid performance. Great skill and tough as nails.
Roy - 7: An uncut diamond. He's gonna be a real star. He destroyed his marker throughout the first half. Cockey, skillfull, athletic - 'nuff said.....cheeky goal BTW!
George - 7: George is George. Skil everywhere. Says it all when even though he's had better days he was still miles ahead of anything Hunt or Farrelly could muster up.LEGEND.
Joey - 8: F**k sake. He scares me and I love him! Brilliant. He chased everything. He is simply the engine of our team - unsung hero. Loved by The Shed.
Kearney - 6: Injury in the first half meant he was taken off. Pity as he was begining to get into the game. Better days ahead.
Fenn - 9: Man of the match ....by a mile. His first touch and distribution was Premiership standard. Just shows the brilliance of Rico to be able to get the absolute best out of this man. He is quite simply the best player in the League at controlling the ball, holding it up and laying it off to a team mate. Having a super seaon ..... and to hear The Shed singing his name tonight must have been sweet for the guy. His back heel for Flynny's goal was out of the top drawer.
Flynny - 8: He's back to his best. His goal was one of the best I've seen at The Cross in years. The passing, the back heel from Fenn and the way Flynny placed the ball just inside the post - brilliant.

The Shed - 10: Great atmosphere. Singing non stop. The wit just get's better and better. Makes those Friday's when there isn't a game feel so dull and boring. Great crowd and good to perform infront of a big crowd. Maybe more will turn up for Rovers in July.

pete
09/07/2005, 1:10 AM
Most important was to prove City can perform at home with good crowd & get the 3 points.

I think the improvement of the pitch is allowing the team to show its away form at the cross.

Derry are main challengers now. Shels can't afford any slip-ups now with the sizable gap. We just have to avoid defeat to Derry & Shels.

thecorner
09/07/2005, 1:31 AM
this was a huge result...time to forget about shels now...and start worrying about derry

top2 ..city and derry...dublin...how are they :D

SSS
09/07/2005, 10:19 AM
Foley and Grant were a real handful for our centrebacks and I thought that Bohs ran midfield for a few long periods.
This was a real challenge and the guys rose to it. :cool:

Officials - brutal as ever? That peno/ free decision was bizarre. A peno and a booking (leading to a red) should have been given...although we probably has a better chance of scoring from a free anyway :rolleyes:

Fair_play_boy
24/07/2005, 9:58 PM
This was a huge test of our ability to withstand the pressure being put on by the chasing pack ........ and boy did we pass the test.

Magnificent performance!

Here's my ratings and comments:

Devine - 7: Super save in the second half that kept us in the game. Handling very good. Didn't come for one ball near the end that could have cost us. Solid as usual though - SUPER KEEPER!
Hoggie - 7: Solid as a rock. Positioning was very good and he was quick to cut out most balls down his side.
Bennet - 7: Very solid. Was at fault for Foley's goal though - shouldn't have given him the free header. Still a class defender though.
Murray - 8: Could have cracked after the abuse he got on Tuesday but shows what a strong individual he is by putting in a performance like this tonight - excellent. Captain's performance.
Cockney Rebel - 7: He's back to his best. One loose pass was completely outshone by a very solid performance. Great skill and tough as nails.
Roy - 7: An uncut diamond. He's gonna be a real star. He destroyed his marker throughout the first half. Cockey, skillfull, athletic - 'nuff said.....cheeky goal BTW!
George - 7: George is George. Skil everywhere. Says it all when even though he's had better days he was still miles ahead of anything Hunt or Farrelly could muster up.LEGEND.
Joey - 8: F**k sake. He scares me and I love him! Brilliant. He chased everything. He is simply the engine of our team - unsung hero. Loved by The Shed.
Kearney - 6: Injury in the first half meant he was taken off. Pity as he was begining to get into the game. Better days ahead.
Fenn - 9: Man of the match ....by a mile. His first touch and distribution was Premiership standard. Just shows the brilliance of Rico to be able to get the absolute best out of this man. He is quite simply the best player in the League at controlling the ball, holding it up and laying it off to a team mate. Having a super seaon ..... and to hear The Shed singing his name tonight must have been sweet for the guy. His back heel for Flynny's goal was out of the top drawer.
Flynny - 8: He's back to his best. His goal was one of the best I've seen at The Cross in years. The passing, the back heel from Fenn and the way Flynny placed the ball just inside the post - brilliant.

The Shed - 10: Great atmosphere. Singing non stop. The wit just get's better and better. Makes those Friday's when there isn't a game feel so dull and boring. Great crowd and good to perform infront of a big crowd. Maybe more will turn up for Rovers in July.Top class post CC. Just saw it for the first time tonight. Missed the game as I was away on holliers.