PDA

View Full Version : City 2 Bohs 1

Real ale Madrid
09/07/2005, 12:30 AM
What a cracking contest!! It was a great night - good game - great crowd -great atmosphere - and perfect result after a scare or two! However it would have rough justice had Bohs scored at the end. Most of City players had a great game - just felt the Mickey D. looked a little rattled in the second half and didnt look as assured as much as he has done lately. ALso disappointed with Roy O'Donaovan in the sense that he dosent work hard enough in defense - he was super going foreward - but just felt that poor Hoggy was left very exposed at times and it utimately led to Bohs goal and a most of thier threatening attacks. He needs to work a bit harder. All in all a great night - big away support as well.

bohs til i die
09/07/2005, 10:20 AM
What a cracking contest!! It was a great night - good game - great crowd -great atmosphere - and perfect result after a scare or two! However it would have rough justice had Bohs scored at the end. Most of City players had a great game - just felt the Mickey D. looked a little rattled in the second half and didnt look as assured as much as he has done lately. ALso disappointed with Roy O'Donaovan in the sense that he dosent work hard enough in defense - he was super going foreward - but just felt that poor Hoggy was left very exposed at times and it utimately led to Bohs goal and a most of thier threatening attacks. He needs to work a bit harder. All in all a great night - big away support as well.

Firstly, No complaints about the result, Bohs played very poorly and didnt deserve anything from the game. Cork are the best team we have played this season in the league and once Rico doesnt bottle it, you should win the title.

BUT, what is the story with Cork City FC's attitude to away fans? They refused to allow us initially to go into the second block which is clearly marked in your match programme [which BTW is a quality production, on a par with Drogheda's as the best in the league] as an away fans section, before after lengthy arguments, and realisation that we brought more then the 98 that the first block can hold they relented before constantly looking to provoke Bohs fans by trying to force them into the first block.

Also, one Bohs fan was allowed walk into the ground with a Pint in his hand despite Bohs fans getting searched on the way in.

Cork fans constantly whinge about clubs not bringing large numbers to Turners Cross but when you treat travelling fans like that, you are not exactly making them feel welcome and decreasing the chances of them returning if they are going to be treated like ****.

I would be disgusted if Cork fans ever got treated like that in Dalymount.

Éanna
09/07/2005, 10:26 AM
Did ye make a complaint about it? Just wondering, because if not, send me an e-mail/PM and I'll pass it on to someone at the club. Its not good enough for people to be treated like this. Some of those stewards really are complete ****ing muppets :mad:

Counting Crow
09/07/2005, 10:40 AM
Bohs till I die:

The stewards "thing" seems to be a problem nationwide.

Clubs have been forced into hiring independant companies to act as stewards and unfortunately the combined IQ of most of these people wouldn't equal the total vote Norway get in the Eurovision Song Contest.

These people have no concept of what people want at football matches and quite often entice aggressive reaction from fans.

For the record we always enjoy Bohs coming to The Cross - there is never any trouble from your fans - your team always come to play football (unlike Longford, Drogheda, UCD etc) so please don't be put off by these muppets.

thecorner
09/07/2005, 10:41 AM
probably best away support ive seen in the cross tihs season...fair play

The Dynamo
09/07/2005, 11:41 AM
I noticed a bit of hassel down by the bohs section in the second half, what was this all about :confused: :confused:

rebs23
09/07/2005, 12:11 PM
They seemed to be getting really agitated with one Guard and a steward in paticular, taking pics of them with their mobiles etc. I think it was over a bag that one of the guards wanted to search, saw a Bohs fan grab it back off him. One woman nearly stuck her finger up the the guards nose pointing out the error of his ways. The poor old guard I'd say hadn't got such a tongue lashing since he was in nappies. It looked very funny tbh. Pity that away fans should have their night ruined but it seems to happen everywhere.

bohs til i die
09/07/2005, 12:13 PM
I noticed a bit of hassel down by the bohs section in the second half, what was this all about :confused: :confused:

one Bohs fan, who had a bag with him, small over the shoulder job, was standing right at the end of the stand. I thought it was two gardai who took it without his permission to search it, but according to a post on the Bohs MB, a CCFC steward and a Garda took it without his permission to search it.

The Bohs fan in question would have no problem allowing his bag be searched [even though it was searched on the way in], but to do so without asking him is disgraceful.

dermo
09/07/2005, 12:51 PM
great game last night , bohs played ball, which made a change from the last few games, good support too, they always have a decent crowd with them .

Colm
09/07/2005, 1:21 PM
Did ye make a complaint about it? Just wondering, because if not, send me an e-mail/PM and I'll pass it on to someone at the club.

Surely it would make more sense to just email info@corkcityfc.ie.
I don't know if the club will take any notice of it or not though.

There seems to be a hell of a lot of people complaining and giving out about the stewards over the past two months but the club don't seem to be doing anything about them. Nearly every set of away fans has a complaint about them and people in the Shed are always giving out about them too. I can't see why they can't just let people go about their business without annoying and upsetting everyone.

Éanna
09/07/2005, 1:24 PM
Surely it would make more sense to just email info@corkcityfc.ie.
I don't know if the club will take any notice of it or not though.

There seems to be a hell of a lot of people complaining and giving out about the stewards over the past two months but the club don't seem to be doing anything about them. Nearly every set of away fans has a complaint about them and people in the Shed are always giving out about them too. I can't see why they can't just let people go about their business without annoying and upsetting everyone.Yeah, BTID e-mailed me and I advised him to e-mail it to the club as well. I just think that if it came from a City fan as well, they might listen to it a bit more readily. As it happens I had a chat with Peter last night about the stewards and I did mention a couple of the problems to him. I think its about time someone made an attempt to organise a meeting between the club, the stewards and the fans.

ccfcgirl
09/07/2005, 7:53 PM
btid i didnt think Bohs played poor last night ,They are a much better team since we played ye at dalymount this season.It was a great game to watch .Great support from both sets of fans .Fenn had a great game .

Rebal Boy
09/07/2005, 9:04 PM
Last night was a great game. There was a great buzz arout the ground. Hopefully City can get atleast a draw on Thursday and then beat them in The X. Shams are our next home game. There should be a great crowd at that.

Schunter Netz
10/07/2005, 12:08 AM
Brilliant performance, especially for the first twenty minutes when City were so good Bohs couldn't live with them. Fair dues though, Bohs played great football in the second half and it just highlights how rarely we see that in the Cross - a proper game of football with two teams playing to score goals and win the game. The standard Cork are playing at now is lightyears on from last year when it was all about heart and effort. Now, the players know what they're doing and like doing it.

RedX
10/07/2005, 12:56 AM
Firstly, No complaints about the result, Bohs played very poorly and didnt deserve anything from the game. Cork are the best team we have played this season in the league and once Rico doesnt bottle it, you should win the title.

BUT, what is the story with Cork City FC's attitude to away fans? They refused to allow us initially to go into the second block which is clearly marked in your match programme [which BTW is a quality production, on a par with Drogheda's as the best in the league] as an away fans section, before after lengthy arguments, and realisation that we brought more then the 98 that the first block can hold they relented before constantly looking to provoke Bohs fans by trying to force them into the first block.

Also, one Bohs fan was allowed walk into the ground with a Pint in his hand despite Bohs fans getting searched on the way in.

Cork fans constantly whinge about clubs not bringing large numbers to Turners Cross but when you treat travelling fans like that, you are not exactly making them feel welcome and decreasing the chances of them returning if they are going to be treated like ****.

I would be disgusted if Cork fans ever got treated like that in Dalymount.

I think you are talking rubbish about Bohs playing poorly..i do not think Bohs could play much better than they did last night..the simple fact is that they were beaten by a better side..Bohs played as good as they could..they aint Real Madrid so come off the high horse...you could have sneaked a draw at the end but no way would you have deserved it..justice was done and City took three points..

About the stewards..i do not agree what happened with the guys bag being searched but maybe you should contact the club and make your complaint..i think there is way to much wrote about the stewards on here lately..they have a tough job also..up until maybe the last year or two has the stewarding improved and people are complaining..its a lot safer ground now and thats why Brian Lennox hires these guys..when Bohs fans visited over the years they always went onto the pitch if they scored..this drove me mad and it could easily have caused hassle..i have seen them do this many times on eircom league weekly also..now they are moaning because they cant get there own way...

P.S...We are from Cork and we are better than you.. ;)

bohs til i die
10/07/2005, 12:09 PM
I think you are talking rubbish about Bohs playing poorly..i do not think Bohs could play much better than they did last night..the simple fact is that they were beaten by a better side..Bohs played as good as they could..they aint Real Madrid so come off the high horse...you could have sneaked a draw at the end but no way would you have deserved it..justice was done and City took three points..

About the stewards..i do not agree what happened with the guys bag being searched but maybe you should contact the club and make your complaint..i think there is way to much wrote about the stewards on here lately..they have a tough job also..up until maybe the last year or two has the stewarding improved and people are complaining..its a lot safer ground now and thats why Brian Lennox hires these guys..when Bohs fans visited over the years they always went onto the pitch if they scored..this drove me mad and it could easily have caused hassle..i have seen them do this many times on eircom league weekly also..now they are moaning because they cant get there own way...

P.S...We are from Cork and we are better than you.. ;)

1. Bohs did play poorly. Our defending was atrocious and a lot of the passing was poor. Maybe over the last 6-8 weeks we have seen the team play to the best of their ability and Friday was well below that. We were beaten by the better team, because Cork defended much better. Defending well is just as important as any other aspect of the game if you want to win. We always tried to play football but it wasnt a great team performance.

2. you say you dont agree about the guys bag being searched. I presume you are talking about the incident were a City steward and a Garda took the bag without the guys permission. Thats illegal. Why do Gardai need to get a warrant to search someone's house then? It was a disgraceful thing to do and for the first time in about 15 visits to Turners Cross I personally felt most unwelcome.

From memory, Bohs fans have been on the pitch on 1 or 2 occasions in Turners Cross for as long as I can remember. What we are unhappy about is the confrontational manner of the stewards from the moment we got into the ground, especially over the section for away fans. It is clearly marked in your match programme that Away fans have TWO blocks but they told us that we were only getting the first block and tried to enforce this until they copped on that we brought 130 or so fans, 30 more then the first block's capacity.

thecorner
10/07/2005, 12:33 PM
maybe bohs fans can confirm... saw the tri-colour with the bohs crest been taking down by the gardai at st.annes end and when i looked again later it was back up

whats the story there

GavinZac
10/07/2005, 1:53 PM
Why do Gardai need to get a warrant to search someone's house then? It was a disgraceful thing to do and for the first time in about 15 visits to Turners Cross I personally felt most unwelcome.

every time ive been to dublin for a match, apart from the FAI cup final, ive had something thrown at me. be glad the worst that happened was that the stewards tried to organise you the way they've organised every set of away fans in the St Anns stand this season, with as much room for segregation between the fans as possible. the conduct of na gardai is not our problem.

bohs til i die
10/07/2005, 3:21 PM
every time ive been to dublin for a match, apart from the FAI cup final, ive had something thrown at me. be glad the worst that happened was that the stewards tried to organise you the way they've organised every set of away fans in the St Anns stand this season, with as much room for segregation between the fans as possible. the conduct of na gardai is not our problem.

1. the stewards didnt try to organise, they were confrontational and caused issues by not listening to what was said to them half an hour before the game. They told us we'd have plenty of room in one block, we told them 98 seats isnt enough room for what will be close on 150 travelling fans. If CCFC are going to allocate TWO blocks for away fans, the away fans should be allowed sit anywhere in those two blcoks of tickets arent Seat Numbered.

2. Cork City's programme clearly states TWO blocks are allocated to away fans. Why were Cork City stewards not adhering to what is stated in the official programme?

3. The Steward and Garda took the bag, with the steward instigating this. That IS CCFC's problem because the steward has no legal right to do so, and neither does the Garda. I doubt the person who owned the bag would have a problem allowing his bag be searched considering he willingly allowed his bag be searched at the turnstiles.

4. this is in no way an attack on Cork City fans. In general, Bohs fans have never had a problem with Cork City fans. This is about a group of stewards who are very confrontational with visiting supporters, and cause an issue when there isnt any issues. Maybe its just boredom and they want some action but it reflects very badly on CCFC when the Stewards cause the problems.

thecorner
10/07/2005, 3:44 PM
. This is about a group of stewards who are very confrontational with visiting supporters.

dont worry there, they are very consistent. they do it to home fans as well

A face
10/07/2005, 4:02 PM
Lads, there was an incident that the stewards didn't deal with properly .... te club, on recieving complaints can either resolve it and hope the fans effected with return at some stage in the future or they can continue to let this happen (even though its not in the best interests of the club) ....... We dont need to badger the fans that were effected considering it will do sweet fa to resolve it.

Likewise with the baldy stewards .... many have a problem with him, but how many have complained ??

RedX
10/07/2005, 4:26 PM
Lads, there was an incident that the stewards didn't deal with properly .... te club, on recieving complaints can either resolve it and hope the fans effected with return at some stage in the future or they can continue to let this happen (even though its not in the best interests of the club) ....... We dont need to badger the fans that were effected considering it will do sweet fa to resolve it.

Likewise with the baldy stewards .... many have a problem with him, but how many have complained ??

Badger who??... :rolleyes:

Resolve my ar*se..it was a nothing thing and let them complain if they want..i dont see why us City fans should be worrying about it..the stewards are there for all our safety..do you understand that??..if you went up to Bohs and had hassle with a steward and then went to there forum they would tell you to f**k off...

A face
10/07/2005, 5:23 PM
Alright maybe badger was the wrong word .... but if the Bohs fans on here (or where ever) thought there was grounds for complaint, then they are entitled to complain. There should be a system in place so that if there is a genuine complaint then it can/would be dealt with accordingly. I am not saying if they are right or wrong to complain as i didn't see it ..... i am just saying that if it were City fans in another ground getting the same treatment, i'd like to think our voiced complaints would be considered. That is not unresonable imo.

pete
10/07/2005, 11:22 PM
I was sitting in the St Annes End for the 2nd half & Bohs fans seemed to be over-agitatedfor no obvious reason. Seemed like nothing to me & I just thought people who were old enough were losing it. Thought i saw some Bohs fans trying to get Gardas name & details but he didn't seem to be keen...

Most clubs have feck all crowd segregation but City seem to have overdone it now.

bohs til i die
11/07/2005, 4:55 PM
I was sitting in the St Annes End for the 2nd half & Bohs fans seemed to be over-agitatedfor no obvious reason. Seemed like nothing to me & I just thought people who were old enough were losing it. Thought i saw some Bohs fans trying to get Gardas name & details but he didn't seem to be keen...

Most clubs have feck all crowd segregation but City seem to have overdone it now.

Pete how would you feel if a steward/Garda in Dalymount [or anywhere for that matter] took your bag and started rummaging through it without your permission?

there was no problems at all on Friday until your stewards started to create work for themselves.