PDA

View Full Version : Cork match

Pages : [1] 2

Bohsman
08/07/2005, 6:25 PM
Anyone know if any radio stations online have the Cork-Bohs game live? I'm in America so I can't go
:mad:

shedite
08/07/2005, 6:53 PM
I'm in Boston and can't hear it too. I normally watch the City site. They have constant updates.

http://corkcityfc.ie/home.htm

Click the live updates in the first news item.

Bohsman
08/07/2005, 7:02 PM
Much appreciated. Thanks ;)

shedite
08/07/2005, 7:06 PM
GOAL - John O'Flynn

Bohsman
08/07/2005, 7:16 PM
Niced biased reporting anyway :D

shedite
08/07/2005, 7:24 PM
Yeah I know. Only mention of Bohs player is for bookings. Well besides when a shot is saved by "Super Kepper" :D

Bohsman
08/07/2005, 7:30 PM
Did say Grant was playing well to be fair. Newstalk 106 just said it an absolute belter. Real end to end stuff

Bohsman
08/07/2005, 7:40 PM
Great half-time roundup. League leaders Cork City. Class

Jim Comic
08/07/2005, 8:40 PM
city 2
bohs 1

full time

A face
09/07/2005, 12:16 AM
If every game in the league was close to that then we'd have no problems !!

Fenn, Kearney, Foley, O'Callaghan, Rice, O'Donovan, Hunt, O'Flynn, Hunt, Gregg, Murphy, Osam, etc. ...... all had brilliant games tonight !!

Brian Kerr was in the stand but besides him (he doesn't give a toos, lets face it) anyone else that was there .... converted !!

What a great game ..... fair play to all involved.

I am still stunned ..... great stuff.

harry crumb
09/07/2005, 12:59 AM
Osam! :D

You mean Oman.

Bohs had excellent players tonight. Cork City were just excellentier! :)

sonofstan
09/07/2005, 12:59 AM
don't remember seeing Osam! and Hunt was so good, he did the work of two ? (actually, that's true)

pete
09/07/2005, 1:05 AM
I know they have their reasons but Setanta missed out a real quality live match with good crowd.

thecorner
09/07/2005, 1:30 AM
why wasnt the teenage drinker starting tonight

he got a great welcome off the corner boys

ThatGuy
09/07/2005, 1:33 AM
JPK is 18 btw! :)

Fergal Harkin is the #1 right midfielder at Bohs this season, I thought he played well up until Joxer came on. JPK eventually will cement the position as his own though, is still a but too petulant and perhaps selfish though.

thecorner
09/07/2005, 1:36 AM
JPK is 18 btw! :)

Fergal Harkin is the #1 right midfielder at Bohs this season, I thought he played well up until Joxer came on. JPK eventually will cement the position as his own though, is still a but too petulant and perhaps selfish though.

he missed a great oppurtinuty to make a name for himself tonight, but maybe he was thinking how many cans the lads had for him

chippie0001
09/07/2005, 9:15 AM
Great game alright, but that wedding party at half time was a disgrace. Poor JPK was still horrified at looking at was meant to be a bird in a wedding dress. No wonder he missed those chance, probably thought she was still blocking the entire goal. ;)

thecorner
09/07/2005, 10:00 AM
Great game alright, but that wedding party at half time was a disgrace. Poor JPK was still horrified at looking at was meant to be a bird in a wedding dress No wonder he missed those chance, probably thought she was still blocking the entire goal. ;)

or else he probably had too many cans thursday night

BohDiddley
09/07/2005, 10:59 AM
Hats off to the Corkies!
Just listened to it on the radio, but from that and from reports elsewhere it seems you won in some style. Refreshing to see Bohs beaten by quality in a proper game of football instead of being kicked up and down the field. More like that please.
Well done City. Keep that up, and you're gonna win the league.

The Dynamo
09/07/2005, 12:05 PM
that wedding party at half time was a fcuking disgrace, when you see sh!t like that you want 'keepie uppies' back, and when you see that you want 'hit the bar' back and when you see that you just wamnt the good old days were the subs came out and had a kick about

Éanna
09/07/2005, 12:35 PM
For ****s sake lighten up will ya! Adrian and Síle are always at City games and it was great to see them get a chance to celebrate their big day (well, the day after) with City fans.

Ruairi
09/07/2005, 12:52 PM
For ****s sake lighten up will ya! Adrian and Síle are always at City games and it was great to see them get a chance to celebrate their big day (well, the day after) with City fans.

Agreed.

The dynamo (if that is in fact his real name) was probably the only person in the ground who didnt enjoy it by the sounds of it. It was a bit of craic, and the happy couple certainly enjoyed it

A face
09/07/2005, 12:53 PM

I that it was mad ... fair play to them, the shed reacted fairly good too i thought, .... agreed with Eanna here, lighten up ffs .... anyway, congrads to the couple ... I hope it is the first of many wins like that !! :p

Éanna
09/07/2005, 1:14 PM
chant of the night (at adrian) "your sex life is over, your sex life is over" :D :cool: They were both made up over it, and it was great to see. Fair play to all concerned

The Dynamo
09/07/2005, 9:44 PM
Agreed.

The dynamo (if that is in fact his real name) was probably the only person in the ground who didnt enjoy it by the sounds of it. It was a bit of craic, and the happy couple certainly enjoyed it

I said absolutely nothing about not enjoying it or not having good craic with it but all im saying is that 'in my opinion' i dont think this stuff should be happining thats all, i think it just makes the whole show a bit tacce.

Anto McC
09/07/2005, 9:52 PM
Tacky

The Dynamo
09/07/2005, 9:54 PM
my apologies

ccfcgirl
10/07/2005, 1:17 AM
Great match last night Both city and bohs played football.The athmosphere was excellent .I thought the couple at half time was a great thing to do .Getting photos on a pitch they both obviosly love was class. :D

patsh
10/07/2005, 6:21 PM
How is it tacky?
Two life long City fans want a few pics for their wedding album.
If there was MORE of this, the league might get a lot stronger.

BTW, to hear a $h€l$ fans moan that something is tacky is absolute proof that nobody in Dublin understands the concept of irony......

ThatGuy
10/07/2005, 7:10 PM
If there was MORE of this, the league might get a lot stronger.

Whatever you think of the half time photos, the above statement is ridiculous!

Anto McC
10/07/2005, 7:20 PM
BTW, to hear a $h€l$ fans moan that something is tacky is absolute proof that nobody in Dublin understands the concept of irony......

I wasn't complaining it was tacky,I was spelling out the word for Dynamo who spelt it tacce.I personally couldn't give a crap

soobie
10/07/2005, 7:23 PM
Whatever you think of the half time photos, the above statement is ridiculous!

Why is that statement ridiculous? This league needs all the promotion it can get!! The photo's were a good laugh ( "going down" chant was class), and if a lot more people thought so much of their club to have their wedding photos taken there maybe we'd be a lot better off.

ThatGuy
10/07/2005, 8:47 PM
I was there and I didn't see a problem with it, fair play to them.

But ffs do Cork people here always have to blow things out of proportion? How on earth will it benefit the club's promotion? It doesn't, at all!

TonyD
10/07/2005, 9:41 PM
[QUOTE=A face]If every game in the league was close to that then we'd have no problems !!

Fenn, Kearney, Foley, O'Callaghan, Rice, O'Donovan, Hunt, O'Flynn, Hunt, Gregg, Murphy, Osam, etc. ...... all had brilliant games tonight !!

Brian Kerr was in the stand but besides him (he doesn't give a toos, lets face it) anyone else that was there .... converted !!

What a great game ..... fair play to all involved.

Jesus, For a second there I thought Oso had made a comeback on the QT. :D
Silly, Silly comment about Brian Kerr by the way. He travelled down to Cork because he doesn't give a toss, did he ? :rolleyes: The league is his backgroud and he hasn't deserted it since he got the national job. If he doesn't pick players from the league it's because he doesn't think they are up to it. That's his job, and his perogative. Wait till his successor, then you'll see what not giving a toss looks like. :mad:

thecorner
10/07/2005, 9:50 PM
Silly, Silly comment about Brian Kerr by the way. He travelled down to Cork because he doesn't give a toss, did he ? :

he didnt travel down for the game. he was in cork anyway ;)

RedX
10/07/2005, 10:13 PM
Some people would moan at the wall i reckon..fair play to the couple for coming onto the pitch and getting there pics..they are both big fans and it was a great evening all around..anyone to moan about two people enjoying themselves like this are just jealous..fair play to them both and best of luck in there lives together.. ;)

soobie
10/07/2005, 10:22 PM

But ffs do Cork people here always have to blow things out of proportion? How on earth will it benefit the club's promotion? It doesn't, at all!

It draws attention - however small - to the club.And it'll give you something else to tell your workmates.A lot more people will go to games if they actually
hear what a laugh you had at half time.Sad I know, but they are more interested in the chanting/singing side of things than the beautiful back pass Fenn did to set up Flynny.And if they do come for that they may stay.More fans=better for the club.

BohsFans
11/07/2005, 1:12 AM
why wasnt the teenage drinker starting tonight

he got a great welcome off the corner boys

The Corner Boys!?!

WTF are they the Cork casuals are something

BohsFans
11/07/2005, 1:19 AM
he didnt travel down for the game. he was in cork anyway ;)

Rumour has it that he was down watching Dom Foley, as Ireland are well short of strikers these days.

btw does anyone think a manager could ever play for Ireland, would you think GF would refuse if he got called up??

patsh
11/07/2005, 7:12 AM
Rumour has it that he was down watching Dom Foley, as Ireland are well short of strikers these days.

btw does anyone think a manager could ever play for Ireland, would you think GF would refuse if he got called up??
According to Kerr, in an interview after the game, there is NOBODy in the eL anywhere near a callup to the national team, he wouldn't even consider it.
He said players must be playing in England to have a chance.

patsh
11/07/2005, 9:46 AM
Life-long city fans, can you get married that young?
:confused:
What?

EnDai
11/07/2005, 9:49 AM
Life long Cory City fans could only be 21 max. It was a joke, sheesh! ;)

Éanna
11/07/2005, 9:56 AM

There was a photo of it on page 2 in the Echo. Maybe someone will see it and think "oh thats nice" and it might entice them to come to a game. Then again maybe not. But it certainly won't harm the club.

The Corner Boys!?!

WTF are they the Cork casuals are something
Funnily enough, they're called the corner boys because they stand at the corner of the Derrynane.......

patsh
11/07/2005, 10:34 AM
Life long Cory City fans could only be 21 max. It was a joke, sheesh! ;)
I realised he was making a joke, just didn't get it straight off.
Well 21 ain't a bad age to get married, don't you lot get married at 14 and up?...:p

EnDai
11/07/2005, 10:58 AM
:)

Thought they only allowed that kinda stuff down in the sticks? Can you still marry your sisters down there?!

;) :D

patsh
11/07/2005, 11:11 AM
:)

Thought they only allowed that kinda stuff down in the sticks? Can you still marry your sisters down there?!

;) :D
Yes we do. Didn't you realise that that is where all you jackeens come from!:p

BohsFans
11/07/2005, 7:11 PM
There was a photo of it on page 2 in the Echo. Maybe someone will see it and think "oh thats nice" and it might entice them to come to a game. Then again maybe not. But it certainly won't harm the club.

Funnily enough, they're called the corner boys because they stand at the corner of the Derrynane.......

How very very sad

patsh
11/07/2005, 7:37 PM
post deleted. Éanna
NO they are not.
City does not have any hooligan firm, and I'm pretty sure the lads who happen to stand in that corner and follow the club from one end of the country to another wouldn't appreciate being called hooligans.

Éanna
11/07/2005, 11:02 PM
How very very sad
Why's that then?

CollegeTillIDie
11/07/2005, 11:27 PM
According to Kerr, in an interview after the game, there is NOBODy in the eL anywhere near a callup to the national team, he wouldn't even consider it.
He said players must be playing in England to have a chance.

So the next Liam Brady that goes to Juventus won't get picked? :eek: