PDA

View Full Version : Pm's from people you dont know

Cosmo
08/07/2005, 9:32 AM
Anyone ever get pm's from people ye dont know? :confused:

I've got 2 pms off a rovers lad in the last 2 days (id say hes about 10).

First one was '2 -1 to Rovers tomorrow'

Second one 'You and Drogman are going to get it tonight'

anyone think of anything smart I should say back to him? (i know, its too easy :D !!!)

thecorner
08/07/2005, 9:42 AM

pm that one to adam. thats threatning behaviour

Frank Blue
08/07/2005, 10:13 AM
Anyone ever get pm's from people ye dont know? :confused:

I've got 2 pms off a rovers lad in the last 2 days (id say hes about 10).

First one was '2 -1 to Rovers tomorrow'

anyone think of anything smart I should say back to him? (i know, its too easy :D !!!)

well i PM people on here and other sites i dont know. i thought these were small communities where people can also meet and not just have exclusive cliques. it's not as if any harm is done.
however, when people misuse the facility, as you have outlined, then that is not on at all and one for the moderators. I have seen some incidents on other sites, one of which i moderate and cannot be tolerated.

As for: 'You and Drogman are going to get it tonight'

"Try Drogman, as I am already spoken for, but thanks for the kind offer anyway" :D

Troy.McClure
08/07/2005, 10:32 AM
Ive had to PM people I dont know before for the Genesis Reporter (yourself included Cosmo:)). Its odd and out of the blue I suppose but sometimes it has to be done.

'You and Drogman are going to get it tonight'
What?!?!? All 3 points? You're too good :)

Cosmo
08/07/2005, 10:54 AM
Actually just found out the chap is a mate of a mate winding me up :rolleyes: - i still think its weird though seen as i never even had any chat with him on the web

Macy
08/07/2005, 11:01 AM
Maybe he say all your posts about things being gay, and was chancing his arm? :D

Cosmo
08/07/2005, 11:04 AM
Maybe he does have a hard on for me so :eek:

dahamsta
08/07/2005, 11:14 AM
Cosmo, if it's a mate winding you up with secondary handles he's breaking the rules, and I'd like those handles for deletion please. I won't ask for his usual handle for deletion on this occasion, but I'll be watching....

adam

Cosmo
08/07/2005, 11:20 AM
It's definitely not a mate of mine.

Somebody emailed me a while ago saying that it was a dude thats working with his girlfriend and he's been pm'ing him too.

As i said id report it only for your man comes across as being a 10 year old kid (presume he only has the one handle) and was pretty harmless. Just thought it was a bit strange :rolleyes:

dahamsta
08/07/2005, 11:47 AM
I thought you said earlier it was a mate of yours?

I don't want people using my resources for crap like this, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me their handle so I can deal with it please.

adam

YoungHoop
08/07/2005, 11:49 AM
cosmo cop on to yourself will ya... take a joke.
You get that in a game!

as for hard on for you i dont hink so but i heard you have one for someone i know..... :eek:

Dick Long
08/07/2005, 12:01 PM
I recently got a PM from a Longford fan asking if my 'd**k' really is 'long'!
I'm not kidding. I wont name and shame him but I don't know whether he was joking or coming on to me.

Cosmo
08/07/2005, 12:08 PM
'I thought you said earlier it was a mate of yours?'

No I said a mate of a mate, never heard of the chap or met him before in my life til this morning when i was told he worked with someone i know :rolleyes:

btw i wasnt going to rat ye out, but seen as your were stupid enough to do it yourself .... :o

dahamsta
08/07/2005, 12:34 PM
I don't give a toss what age he is, he's banned until Monday for abusing my resources and other people's time. Maybe that'll help him grow up a little.

adam

Roo69
08/07/2005, 12:50 PM
I don't give a toss what age he is, he's banned until Monday for abusing my resources and other people's time. Maybe that'll help him grow up a little.

adam

Lads i work with the bloke, he sits right beside me. It's a bit of banter FFS, We work with Cosmo's mates Girlfriend and it was done in jest. Ya's need to all relax a bit more....... :p

Drogman.
08/07/2005, 4:11 PM
Haha this is great craic. Yes the Hoop in question works my girlfriend and was only having a laugh. But I don't know why he sent Cosmo a message as I've not mentioned by good mate there.

Anyways I've grilled him and his Hooped ideals already so he's grand. And Roo69 sort him out and tell him to have my E20 for Trude on Monday ;)

dahamsta
08/07/2005, 11:22 PM
I get crap in my Foot.ie PM and email inboxes regularly, so you can probably imagine how much it ****es me off to see other people having to deal with it. Particularly when it's my bloody bandwidth and hardware that's being used for this kind of "banter" (a word I find directly interchangeable with "idiocy").

adam

Roo69
11/07/2005, 3:46 PM
I get crap in my Foot.ie PM and email inboxes regularly, so you can probably imagine how much it ****es me off to see other people having to deal with it. Particularly when it's my bloody bandwidth and hardware that's being used for this kind of "banter" (a word I find directly interchangeable with "idiocy").

adam

Jesus i had you a barrell of laughs on a night out ! Just kidden only a bit of banter :D