View Full Version : Fulltime

Gary
24/03/2002, 3:54 PM
City 5 - 1 Monaghan
hartiagn 2
Cpob
Cahill
Mulligan

Mons goal was from a rebound from a penalty which was well saved by Devine.
I spose aot of people will say that Murphy is a great manager now and alll that, but lets be honest. Monaghan were CRAP. I was very dissapointed that Morley didnt get a run in what was (probably) his last cahnce to play for City inthe League. hartigan, although he scored two goals is still not up to it. Cahill was substituted for the last 30 mins (first time that to have happened in god knows how long, or even ever). Colin T O Brien should have had at least one goal, but blasted over twice.

All in all, 3 points, 5 goals. great. Cant wait to see who'll be signed, and will Ollie go ( i really think hes gone to Shels.)

Bring on next season without Gunther and lets be a bit more professional, and lest bring a bit of pride back to Leeside.

SÓC
24/03/2002, 6:35 PM
Greg has played very well since he's been playing in the middle. He gets back to help out with the defence and he got forward quite alot, always found his man with his passes and tackled well all day.

The Defence did look quite good, Benno does well on the righthand side but Colin T just doesn't sem good enough on the right.

I though Mucky also looked pretty useful when he came on with 30mins left

Colin P showed what he can do when the ball is at his feet. Scored a good goal and made Hartigol's first.

It all looked good, but then again it was the Majic Mons.

Neil
24/03/2002, 6:55 PM
Monaghan were the worst team I've seen at the Cross ever.

Casegrande
24/03/2002, 8:13 PM
There was a crowd of barely 500 at the Cross today. I don't know how we are going to get the fans back that we lost during the last few months of watching Liam Murphy's rubbish.....

We're down to the hardcore now and with Gunther telling the fans they "know nothing about football" who would blame any of these for packing it in? Nobody will but that man is ruining our club.

Casegrande
24/03/2002, 8:52 PM
Originally posted by GWA
[B]I was very dissapointed that Morley didnt get a run in what was (probably) his last cahnce to play for City inthe League.
I heard he got a bit of abuse from the usual oul idiots while shooting at goal in the half time practice. Probably that tubby guy with the earing. He stands up the back of the Shed towards the left. Him along with some of Moses' shower come out with some fierce rubbish.

patsh
25/03/2002, 7:05 AM
Morley did not get abuse at half time. There was a very good humored atmosphere yesterday. Mooney was doing "scorpion " saves, you know, like that Colombian keeper did at Wembley, and there was a bit of craic. There were even calls for LM to give us a wave, but the sour oul boll*x could not even do that...
Mulligan, was looking to the shed and up to heaven with relief when he scored, Ollie gave a few waves, and the team got a great send off at the end of the match. There were a few calls of "Myurphy Out", but they were more joking.
Best chant of the day, the corner boys singing "F*ck off back to Hickey's , F*ck off back to Hickey's, lala la la, lala la la", but all in a party mood you understand....:p
BTW, Greg O'H had an excellent game again yesterday. I hope LM has the cop to see that much at least.

From the Irish Times: the players were given a warm reception by the fans who acknowledged an enterprising performance that was regularly highlighted by well-taken goals.

Éanna
25/03/2002, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
BTW, Greg O'H had an excellent game again yesterday. I hope LM has the cop to see that much at least.

don't bet on it.