PDA

View Full Version : Athlone KO changed

Patrick Dunne
07/07/2005, 12:43 PM
Galway United's next home game is against Limerick FC on Friday 8th July (KO 7.30PM).

Our subsequent home First Division game against Athlone Town, has been changed to THURSDAY 28th JULY (KO 7.30PM). This change was enforced to allow enough time to assemble the stage for the Lark in the Park concert, on Saturday 30th July.

Of course, we also take on Coventry City in a friendly in Terryland Park on Thursday 21st July.

PD.

Conor H
07/07/2005, 12:46 PM
Thursday is a terrible day to play on,not a day to get crowds but i know they need time so there's nothing we can do :rolleyes:

galwaygirl
07/07/2005, 2:29 PM
Thursday is a terrible day to play on,not a day to get crowds but i know they need time so there's nothing we can do :rolleyes:
That thursday is also one of the busiest days of the Galway Races, so the attendance definitely wont be good....
ah well we cant get great crowds all the time :rolleyes:

gufct
07/07/2005, 2:57 PM
3 games in 6 days Tuesday away against Monaghan,Thursday Home against Athlone and Monday away against Kilkenny not the schedule for Part Time Players.

Aaron GUFC
07/07/2005, 5:15 PM
..... Our players will be wrecked and if we have to use a few youngsters i dont think it will be good for our plot to try and get up the table cos our youngsters dont have that much experience :(

Patrick Dunne
08/07/2005, 9:35 AM
These fixtures were drawn up at the beginning of the season.

We changed the fixture against Athlone Town to Friday night because what could be our biggest fundraiser of the year is on Saturday and we need to prepare for it. It was not changed by a mythical clique in the FAI whose sole reason for existence is to keep Galway United out of the Premier Division. :rolleyes:

gufct
08/07/2005, 11:24 AM
Yes Pa and the Monaghan game was fixed for Sunday 24th according to my Season Ticket so how come its switched to a Tuesday!!

Patrick Dunne
08/07/2005, 1:09 PM
.. to change their home fixture. I can only presume that it's to accomodate Dundalk ?