PDA

View Full Version : Bray Vs. Longford

Roo69
07/07/2005, 9:46 AM
It's not even match day and i'm very worried about it. We have NO fit centre halves for this match :eek: Well we have hopper (Niall Donnelly) but he has'nt played 1 second of 1st team football this season, Devo saying in the BP that he is going to have a word with Matthews to see if he can use Brian McGovern.

Andrei "Franco" Georgescu and Kevin O'Brien are being brought into the squad as well. It also says that he is trying to bring in a striker and a midfielder over the next few days, good to see him so busy in the transfer market and trying to rectify the problems were having.

The injury list is starting to grow again - Jody, Choper, Ryaner, Longer and Grogan and Giffy are just coming back from injury.

What kind of team can we put out against Longford ?

GK - O'Connor
RB - O'Reilly
CB - McGovern (if they wont let im play then Donnelly)
CB - Tresson
LB - Davey

RM - James
CM - Pip
CM - Foxy
LM - Tyrrell

St - Zayed
St - McGrory

We if really needed, which i possibly think it could be, we would use Foxy in at centre half with Tresson. Devo was down looking at the 21's game on Tuesday night, i wonder was he impressed enough with anyone to bring them into the squad ? Wayne Byrne came on as a 2nd half sub was played excellent, very tall striker whith loads of pace, defo would cause most defences problems

BrayZil
07/07/2005, 10:09 AM
It's not even match day and i'm very worried about it. We have NO fit centre halves for this match :eek: Well we have hopper (Niall Donnelly) but he has'nt played 1 second of 1st team football this season, Devo saying in the BP that he is going to have a word with Matthews to see if he can use Brian McGovern.

Andrei "Franco" Georgescu and Kevin O'Brien are being brought into the squad as well. It also says that he is trying to bring in a striker and a midfielder over the next few days, good to see him so busy in the transfer market and trying to rectify the problems were having.

The injury list is starting to grow again - Jody, Choper, Ryaner, Longer and Grogan and Giffy are just coming back from injury.

What kind of team can we put out against Longford ?

GK - O'Connor
RB - O'Reilly
CB - McGovern (if they wont let im play then Donnelly)
CB - Tresson
LB - Davey

RM - James
CM - Pip
CM - Foxy
LM - Tyrrell

St - Zayed
St - McGrory

We if really needed, which i possibly think it could be, we would use Foxy in at centre half with Tresson. Devo was down looking at the 21's game on Tuesday night, i wonder was he impressed enough with anyone to bring them into the squad ? Wayne Byrne came on as a 2nd half sub was played excellent, very tall striker whith loads of pace, defo would cause most defences problems

There is still a small possibility that Jody might play but I doubt it. I think Kevin O'Brien will start tomorrow and we're signing a new player today AFAIK. I'm not too worried about Longford. They haven’t been great lately. If we can keep it tight at the back I think we could get all 3 points. We can score goals but were conceding far too many.

I would go with:

Skippy

Davey, O'Brien, Daz, O'Reilly

Dunne, James, Foxy, Pip

Zayed, Tarzan

Would start with Tarzan and maybe bring on Georgescu and Tyrell later on if we need to.

Macy
07/07/2005, 10:32 AM
I'm not too worried about Longford. They haven’t been great lately.
:confused:

Anyway, poor record in Bray, so wouldn't be that confident for us. I'd be píssed off if Matthews lets McGovern play (and I thought it was against eL rules anyway?)

Roo69
07/07/2005, 10:38 AM
:confused:

Anyway, poor record in Bray, so wouldn't be that confident for us. I'd be píssed off if Matthews lets McGovern play (and I thought it was against eL rules anyway?)

We are in a bit of a state at the moment so i fear for us in every match ! I actually think Matthews should let McGovern play, like that fact that he clearly does not want him at Longford and that he has been loaned out twice this season already. He won't be re-signing for Longford at the end of the season etc.... Let the bloke play, were in desprite need of a centre half, sportsmanship and all that :D

Macy
07/07/2005, 11:28 AM
Let the bloke play, were in desprite need of a centre half, sportsmanship and all that :D
Nah, kick youse when you're down... :) Maybe if he hadn't been such a wánker when he wanted out....

I'm still not sure he's allowed to play anyway - more for the reason that a loan player could influence the game in our favour (rather than the reason the loaning club don't want them too)...

Roo69
07/07/2005, 11:37 AM
Nah, kick youse when you're down... :) Maybe if he hadn't been such a wánker when he wanted out....

I'm still not sure he's allowed to play anyway - more for the reason that a loan player could influence the game in our favour (rather than the reason the loaning club don't want them too)...

LOL....some how i highly doubt he would want to influence a Longford win ;)

superfrank
07/07/2005, 11:52 AM
I'm so p!ssed off, I won't be here for the match tomorrow! I don't know what to think.

We were definitely better last week in Drogheda then we'd been in previous weeks but without McGovern the defence will be a bit shakier. Then again Longford aren't the most attacking team we will come across. I think, I hope, a no-score draw. :o

Roo, I thought Byrne did well but I thought Maurice Dunne was better and whoever our number ten was.

Rocky Rules
07/07/2005, 1:01 PM
Was Darren Lacey.

centre mid
07/07/2005, 4:03 PM
I would be fairly concerned about fridays game

Bray have scored 5 goals in the last 4 games - longford have scored 10, we have conceeded 16 and longford 2,

Losing Jody is unlucky, Letting Wes go aswell, po-xy timing - but you cant play without central defenders, Colm Tresson will do a job but only as a stopgap

This slide has to be stopped, maybe we should play 3 up front and go hell for leather?

Roo69
07/07/2005, 4:13 PM
This slide has to be stopped, maybe we should play 3 up front and go hell for leather?

Yeah we need to put an end to it VERY soon and no better time to start than tomorrow night. If we where to go 3 up front where would we drop a player from, the back or up front ?

We know that Longford are not the most attack minded team in the league so maybe 3-4-3 ? it'll never happen thou

centre mid
07/07/2005, 4:51 PM
Tarzan and Eamon, foxy in behind

Tyrell, James and Pip in the middle, i suppose you could play Collie Tresson in a four man midfield, if Gormely is fit, he could hold in midfield and let Tresson play center half

Any chance that John Flood could paly again ?

Rocky Rules
07/07/2005, 9:58 PM
Or Holt, if fit. Surely not Eddie on the UCD evidence.
Between 1st team, 21s & new signings, how many midfield players now?
Something's got to give!
Who out?