PDA

View Full Version : Derry to go all the way??

Aaron GUFC
06/07/2005, 8:32 PM
I have to say its about time Derry make a name for themselves in the cup. I went up to Derry only to see us lose to a goal from the legendary Alan Murphy :( but the fans were some of the nicest in the eircom league they even swapped scarves with Vinny :cool: it was a great win against the Drogs (5-4 on penos) Derry have what it takes to win the cup and i hope they do well (final= Derry vs Longford ) only messin :confused:

daniel
06/07/2005, 10:44 PM
Lads i hope ur rite, i believe we do deserve something i club of Derrys stature has been living dangerous for too long!! Maybe this season the league will be out of our reach but next season i believe the best manager in the league will take Derry on to win it!!and nice 2 hear that u guys were treated well and i hope to c ye's down again!!

Speranza
06/07/2005, 11:58 PM
Or up again Daniel? ;)

Always liked Galway, mainly because it is the best place in ireland to holiday and they unlike the Dublin City's and Cobh of this league have a large potential fanbase and a nice quarter of a stadium ;) ? Good luck with the rest of the season lads

Aaron GUFC
07/07/2005, 6:13 PM
..... Alan Murphy = Legend :) :ball:

daniel
09/07/2005, 6:42 PM
Last season Alan failed to deliver, and lost alot of support, but their were others who stuck by him and now for those of us who did seeing nearly the best of Alan, hes a great player who gives everything in every game he plays!

brandy86
09/07/2005, 7:03 PM
Murphy is having a better season than last year but can still improve on his work-rate and his passing, hes still young and has plenty of time to improve!

daniel
11/07/2005, 12:21 AM
Vinny ye hit the nail in the head there, Galway wouldnt let him train with them unfortunatley but SK is getting the best of him again and as Bradny86 has said he is still young and can learn and im sure he will do this with Derry for many years to come!

lim abroad
11/07/2005, 2:20 AM
have to agree with ye,derry city one of my favorite clubs with probably one of the greatest players ever to play loi in liam coyle

dortie
01/08/2005, 8:26 AM
have to agree with ye,derry city one of my favorite clubs with probably one of the greatest players ever to play loi in liam coyle

Always liked Limerick for a night out myself, you need to get a decent ground though. And beating us in the league cup final in 2002 fecked me off too :eek: :mad:

superfrank
01/08/2005, 12:38 PM
Would like to see Derry win something, just so Kenny will get some recognition for what he's done.

And also I think everyone on this site, like myself, doesn't want to see Longford in Europe ever again!!! ;)

Aaron GUFC
02/08/2005, 1:16 AM
...get into Europe cos they have made some quality signings and tactical changes. Pat McCourt was a great signing and i hope he does well. Would love to see Alan Murphy play in Europe ;)

amarach
05/08/2005, 7:39 AM
Derry City is much like Cork City in nature to it's supporters, I had 9-10 Derry City Supporters from the Brandywell Pride Supporters Club stay in my house when Derry played Cork and it was some nights craic, but in the Horseshoe Pub next to Turners Cross after the game we went in there for a few drinks, the Derry City Supporters got a clapping standing novation from the Cork City Supporters on our exit, it was class to see, So Derry for the League :D

pete
05/08/2005, 9:30 AM
I'd kinda assumed Derry woould slip up in some game to date but they are showing no signs & are winning their games well.

The game at the Brandywell will be huge game now & thankfully City aren't in Europe that week. I now don't think the result in that game will decide the League as Derry in too good form to crumble.