PDA

View Full Version : Carr urges players to double their work ethic

sligoman
06/07/2005, 12:05 PM
Sligo Rovers player-coach Gerry Carr says that it has taken a lot of hard work to get Rovers to the top of the eircom League First Division, but now everyone at the club has to work just as hard to remain in this position.
“It is not an accident, there has been a lot of hard work and effort to get to where we are. We are just looking to maintain our position and look to get back where we belong – which is in the Premier Division.”
One of the key to Rovers’ good form has been the strength in depth in the squad and that was shown against Monaghan United.
Top scorer Paul McTiernan – who has scored six goals this season – was out through injury, so Ciaran Foley went up front, while Sean Flannery capped off a fine display with a great goal.

Read more here. (http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story.asp?j=23802)

roversforever
06/07/2005, 8:12 PM
Sligo Rovers player-coach Gerry Carr says that it has taken a lot of hard work to get Rovers to the top of the eircom League First Division, but now everyone at the club has to work just as hard to remain in this position.
“It is not an accident, there has been a lot of hard work and effort to get to where we are. We are just looking to maintain our position and look to get back where we belong – which is in the Premier Division.”
One of the key to Rovers’ good form has been the strength in depth in the squad and that was shown against Monaghan United.
Top scorer Paul McTiernan – who has scored six goals this season – was out through injury, so Ciaran Foley went up front, while Sean Flannery capped off a fine display with a great goal.

Read more here. (http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story.asp?j=23802)
sligoman i hope you took note of what he said about sean flannery!

sligoman
06/07/2005, 8:22 PM
sligoman i hope you took note of what he said about sean flannery!

:rolleyes: :p

This is Gerry Carr for **** sake, what does he know? :D

Petmuller
06/07/2005, 10:17 PM
i think sligoman is well convinced of flannery's ability by now

Yea, it will eventually infiltrate his brain ;)

sligoman
06/07/2005, 10:54 PM
i think sligoman is well convinced of flannery's ability by now

Yea, it will eventually infiltrate his brain ;)
Actually guys as I said in a recent post, he still hasn't convinced me, sorry!

Petmuller
07/07/2005, 4:50 PM
Actually guys as I said in a recent post, he still hasn't convinced me, sorry!

Were you at the game in Monaghan sligoman?
Sean Flannery was undoubtedly the player of the match.

1 9 2 8
07/07/2005, 6:36 PM
I think so too he has improved so much this season. But I think Sligoman is shít stirring

sligoman
07/07/2005, 6:51 PM
Were you at the game in Monaghan sligoman?

Yes I was there and I can not see how you think he was man of the match, apart from the super goal he done nothing in the whole game.

I think so too he has improved so much this season. But I think Sligoman is shít stirring

No I am not **** stirring, that is my opinion whether you accept it or not I dont care. Flannery is crap and he would/will not survive the Premier division if/when we are promoted.

Petmuller
07/07/2005, 7:21 PM

You know 1928 I think you might be right.
For too long I've taken sligoman seriously and all along he's just a wind up merchant. He certainly has got me going in the past so obviously he's good at it.

sligoman
07/07/2005, 8:14 PM
You know 1928 I think you might be right.
For too long I've taken sligoman seriously and all along he's just a wind up merchant. He certainly has got me going in the past so obviously he's good at it.

:rolleyes:, Yes because I think one of our players is ****e it makes me a **** stirrer and a wind up merchant? Cop yerselves on will ye. Like I said that is my opinion weather ye accept it or agree with it I dont care.

And Petmuller, when did you ever take me seriously? You were always trying to get me fired up with all that sillyman stuff, and you call me a wind up merchant? :rolleyes:

sligoman
07/07/2005, 11:32 PM
a genuinely hard workin&technically gifted player

Oh we're talking about McTiernan now are we? :D

Look it, as I have said about 3 times before that is my opinion of Flannery and I have nothing else to say about him, THE END! If my opinion changes then I'll let ye all know, Ok?