PDA

View Full Version : Richie Partridge to Wednesday...

OwlsFan
06/07/2005, 9:13 AM
I've heard rumours that he's off to Hillsboro but there's nothing on the Official Wednesday site. Can anyone confirm this ?

He should go someplace - a career languishing in Liverpool reserves has been a disaster for someone who apparently had great potential.

deadman
06/07/2005, 11:02 AM
i can't officially confirm anything, but as good as. i contact of mine heard direct from this horses mouth that he was off to Hillsborough

eirebhoy
07/07/2005, 5:13 PM
From this (http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/sports/story/0,4136,90997,00.html) article (Its about Houllier spotting Steven Gerrard):

'I'd gone along to see a guy called Richie Partridge, a little winger upon whom Liverpool had placed great hopes,' said Houllier.

Partrdige was only 18 at the time. Pity what had to come for him. It seems the coaching staff informed Houllier about Partridge as soon as he got the job. Pity Liverpool didn't get a manager that promoted more than 1 player to the first team in 8 years.

I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that this lad could have been as good as Damien Duff today. Lets hope he makes the best of what time he has left now anyway.

Mayo Red
07/07/2005, 9:38 PM
Read an article in one of the Sunday papers there lately in which he said that even though he only played a few league cup games for Liverpool he would not trade his time with them for anything in the world. He also said that the level of coaching he got at Anfield made him a much better player than if he had transferred to a lower club.

OwlsFan
08/07/2005, 8:50 AM
So what are you saying ? That a "career" in Liverpool reserves is better than playing for a lower division first team ? Can't agree with that for 1 second. You cannot have a "career" in a reserve side, no matter the club.

Mayo Red
08/07/2005, 5:03 PM
I'm not saying anything, just telling you the gist of what I read. I think it was in Star Sunday last Sunday week, there was a two page article about him. I tried to find a link but couldn't, sorry. Don't shoot the messanger, I agree with you, I would rather be playing first team football any day!

Stuttgart88
21/07/2005, 8:20 AM
Has anybody heard anything more about Partridge?

OwlsFan
21/07/2005, 9:19 AM
Not a sausage. Not mention of it on any Wednesday website :(

pete
21/07/2005, 9:23 AM
Isn't he playing in the Greater Manchester Pub Leagues now?

:p

Terry
21/07/2005, 9:39 AM
free agent at the mo, was released by 'pool

OwlsFan
21/07/2005, 1:00 PM
Just discovered he's on a 5 day trial at Wednesday and played in a 0-0 game against Patrick Thistle in a virtual reserve Wednesday side. Sturrock says he was impressed with his first half performance but that he tired in the 2nd half.

http://tinyurl.com/94xsj

Stuttgart88
21/07/2005, 3:34 PM
Fair play to him. Sounds like he did well & lack of fitness is understandable.

eirebhoy
21/07/2005, 4:45 PM
Partridge only started 14 reserve games last year because of injury and still came 3rd in the fans reserve player of the year with almost 9,000 votes.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N149389050719-1007.htm

tetsujin1979
22/07/2005, 9:00 AM
Seems richie impressed Sturrock in the game, read more here - http://footballmsn.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=293296&CPID=10&CLID=&lid=4&title=Sturrock+impressed+by+duo&channel=championship

OwlsFan
22/07/2005, 11:53 AM
Yeh, that's just basically quoting what Sturrock said on the Club website. It would be great if Partridge could kick start his career, especially at Wednesday :D

Stuttgart88
22/07/2005, 12:03 PM
According to SWFC squad list Graham Coughlan has signed.

So whereas Sunderland was my Championship team last year I think Wednesday might be my team for this year, assuming they sign Partridge. I honestly think Whelan & Partridge could be pressing for the senior squad if they have a good 6 months in the C'ship & at this point in time we've a good chance of being in WC06.

Hull, Leicester, Reading & Ipswich also have clusters of promising Irish players, and in positions where we could do with players coming through. Luton also I think.

youngirish
22/07/2005, 12:44 PM
Reading in particular seem to have more of an Irish connection than any other team in theCchampionship this year. They have Stack, Doyle, Hunt, Hayes and Castle who are all likely to be pressing for a claim in their starting 11. They also have Shane Long who probably needs a few more years to break into the first team.

All the above players are young (Hunt is the oldest at 23) so there's the potential for a few future full Internationals in that lot.

OwlsFan
22/07/2005, 4:22 PM
According to SWFC squad list Graham Coughlan has signed.

So whereas Sunderland was my Championship team last year I think Wednesday might be my team for this year, assuming they sign Partridge. I honestly think Whelan & Partridge could be pressing for the senior squad if they have a good 6 months in the C'ship & at this point in time we've a good chance of being in WC06..

Good man :D

Yes, Coughlan signed last week. At 30 though I don't see him breaking into Ireland's senior team but an injury here or there, who knows.

Vital for Partridge to play first team football and who better with than the Owls.

Qwerty
26/07/2005, 1:48 AM
I'm pretty sure that he is on trial and no deal has yet been done, but the fact that he played 2 full games may be a good sign.

OwlsFan
27/07/2005, 4:16 PM
He's been offered a contract. Now, will he sign it ?

http://tinyurl.com/brhbx

Qwerty
28/07/2005, 3:12 AM
Well Chris Eagles has just signed on loan from Manchester United, and he is a winger too, so maybe he is wondering whether he will get first team football. No point in signing if he is just going to do more bench warming.

Don't you know that Richie loves playing in the reserves? there's no doubt about he'll sign now that Eagles has come in :)

thejollyrodger
29/07/2005, 4:44 PM
really glad to see him get a contract. I hope he makes the first team and gets regular first team football !!

OwlsFan
30/07/2005, 10:38 AM
Good news as Partridge flies into Owls' nest. Apparently he'll be offered a longer contract if he does well for the 6 months. Fingers crossed. Irish Owls are smiling....
http://www.swfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/News/0,,10304~692440,00.html

tetsujin1979
01/08/2005, 3:57 PM
Left on the bench against Man City yesterday

TheOwl
01/08/2005, 10:48 PM
Left on the bench against Man City yesterday

But played and scored a beauty against York tonight.

http://www.swfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/News/0,,10304~693356,00.html

Glenn Whelan also got our goal against City.

Partridge has a decent chance of making the team for our first league game with Stoke this Saturday. He may start on the bench but he will be given a fair chance before December, we are pretty weak on the wings with McGovern injured.

tetsujin1979
06/08/2005, 4:34 PM
Interview in today's independent with Partridge, he says he was shattered after the preseason, he came on with about 15 minutes to go.

OwlsFan
15/09/2009, 9:27 AM
Was watching MK Dons vs Norwich last night (how sad is that?) and who should come on as a 92nd minute substitute for MK Dons but our Mr. Partridge. Down the slippery ladder bit by bit :(

Murfinator
15/09/2009, 12:34 PM
call him up trap =D

My fond memories of richie all revolve around Champions Manager 2003 when he was cheap to get from Liverpool and became a pretty decent winger over time.