PDA

View Full Version : Wheres your TREBLE gone!

higgins
05/07/2005, 9:26 PM
Only days after the first posting of the word treble you have gone and blown it already :eek:

Against a team who are so negative and are the most useless in the country ??
You missed a peno ??
and to top it all off you tried for 120 mins!!

I think i speak for all Derry Drogheda and Shels fans when I say

I'll take that :D

Dazzy
05/07/2005, 9:29 PM
Only days after the first posting of the word treble you have gone and blown it already :eek:

You lost against 10 men ??
You missed a peno ??

I think i speak for all Derry Drogheda an Shels fans when I say

Ill be honest to say im glad Cork are out, we rarely come away with a win in turners cross and Longford showed us this season we can beat them(For once) so am happy. Also glad Shels are there :D Easy game for us :p

ccfcgirl
05/07/2005, 9:40 PM
[QUOTE=higgins]Only days after the first posting of the word treble you have gone and blown it

Sure havent we the munster senior cup and european Capital of culture cup already :D :D :D

crc
05/07/2005, 9:54 PM
You lost against 10 men ??
Longford had 11 men, it was their manager that was sent off.

harpskid
05/07/2005, 9:55 PM
european Capital of culture cup

Oh look, Cork are so great they won a European trophy :eek: :p

higgins
05/07/2005, 9:58 PM
Ah I knew there wasnt a Matthews playing for them :confused:

So was the peno not a peno or why did he lose the plot and get sent off at the exact same time. O'Flynn missed a peno to take you into the semis?? Shocking!!! Is this a crisis or why the sudden dip in form .... :p

Dazzy
05/07/2005, 9:59 PM
Oh look, Cork are so great they won a European trophy :eek: :p

Did they not already crack that one on their forum :D

crc
05/07/2005, 10:05 PM
So was the peno not a peno or why did he lose the plot and get sent off at the exact same time. O'Flynn missed a peno to take you into the semis?? Shocking!!! Is this a crisis or why the sudden dip in form .... :p JoF missed the peno just before normal full-time. The peno was what sent Mathews over the edge, but he had lost the plot about ten minutes earlier.

Its absolutely not a dip in form. For better or worse, this is the way City have played all season. They played the best football tonight; Longford put all 11 men behind the ball and scored from a corner in what was one of about 2 attacks in 120 mins of football.

ccfcgirl
05/07/2005, 10:11 PM
Ah I knew there wasnt a Matthews playing for them :confused:

So was the peno not a peno or why did he lose the plot and get sent off at the exact same time. O'Flynn missed a peno to take you into the semis?? Shocking!!! Is this a crisis or why the sudden dip in form .... :p
City played very well to-night especially Joe and George .They are certainly the team still on form. :D

higgins
05/07/2005, 10:13 PM
You will have to do better then that if they scored once from out of only two times they attacked you...

Not a great return for you guys.

You attack them all night and dont score and they only have to do it twice and get one!!! You would wnt to shape up before Fridays game ... lol

A face
05/07/2005, 10:25 PM
Higgins .... people ..... stones .... glass houses !! :p

Peadar
06/07/2005, 7:45 AM
Wheres your TREBLE gone!

Where's your team gone?
They don't seem to have turned up for a game in months!

I can't figure your logic.
Surely us being out of the joke cup means that we'll have less distractions?? :confused:
I doubt there's a City fan out there who'll look back on this result with dismay if we win the league.
If this is the full extent of the wind-ups we can expect from Shels then it's going to be a very boring league campaign on the terraces!

patsh
06/07/2005, 7:55 AM

You missed a peno ??

I think i speak for all Derry Drogheda and Shels fans when I say

Well, well, well, some noise from the $h€l$ fan after days of hiding under his rock, licking his wounds after yet another league defeat and display of thuggishness from his team and management and fan.

Rather sad really to see the $h€l$ fan having to get his jollies from other teams defeats in minor competitons. Sure you lot might even have a chance of winning it now, unless you meet Derry of course......
:D

superfrank
06/07/2005, 12:30 PM
Rather sad really to see the $h€l$ fan having to get his jollies from other teams defeats in minor competitons. Sure you lot might even have a chance of winning it now, unless you meet Derry of course......
Yez seemed to be doing it about
Shels Friday night/Saturday morning after the great performance against UCD. What's funny is I already warned yez! :D Here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=305170#post305170)
Fourth post.

pete
06/07/2005, 12:36 PM
I don't really care about the cups (including the FAI).

All i care about is winning the league.

patsh
06/07/2005, 12:48 PM
Yez seemed to be doing it about
Shels Friday night/Saturday morning after the great performance against UCD. What's funny is I already warned yez! :D Here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=305170#post305170)
Fourth post.
I'm sorry, can you get someone to translate this into English, please?

EnDai
06/07/2005, 12:51 PM
You originally posted slagging off a certain Shels fan for enjoying Cork being knocked out, by one of the worst teams on the island apparently may I add! He pointed out that alot of Corkies have been at the same stuff in regards to Shels. He then also put a link, which demonstrates this, and his warning. Would you like me to draw a diagram for you? Two plus two is four. ;)

:D :cool:

superfrank
06/07/2005, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry, can you get someone to translate this into English, please?
If you were to kindly divert your attention to the link in my previous post you will see that I warned Cork City FC fans of imminent doom.

patsh
06/07/2005, 12:53 PM
If you were to kindly divert your attention to the link in my previous post you will see that I warned Cork City FC fans of imminent doom.
Oh you mean you are simply posting up your fantasies.....:D

superfrank
06/07/2005, 12:57 PM
Oh you mean you are simply posting up your fantasies.....:D
I don't mean to run this into the ground but yez did lose last night. FACT.

patsh
06/07/2005, 1:36 PM
I don't mean to run this into the ground but yez did lose last night. FACT.
"yez"???
Is that the plural of "youse"?

Or is it some form of Wicklownian?

Poor Student
06/07/2005, 3:13 PM
"yez"???

How can a plural have a plural? :confused: Is that some unique Corkconian language construct? ;)

patsh
06/07/2005, 3:14 PM
How can a plural have a plural? :confused: Is that some unique Corkconian language construct? ;)
I'm sorry, I don't speak Pale........:p

exile
06/07/2005, 3:29 PM
]Yez[/U] seemed to be doing it about
Fourth post.

"yez" is not a word , i blame the parents :rolleyes:

Schumi
06/07/2005, 3:31 PM
It's great to see such fantastic grammar from someone complaining about someone else's. :rolleyes:

exile
06/07/2005, 3:38 PM
It's great to see such fantastic grammar from someone complaining about someone else's. :rolleyes:

which one of the 4 ucd fans are you ? are you the jack osbourne lookalike? or the old guy desperatly trying to cling to his youth by hanging out with all the students :rolleyes:

Schumi
06/07/2005, 3:41 PM
Good comeback there, well done!

EnDai
06/07/2005, 3:43 PM
which one of the 4 ucd fans are you ? are you the jack osbourne lookalike? or the old guy desperatly trying to cling to his youth by hanging out with all the students :rolleyes:

By "all" the students, do you mean the 3 you previously implied in the sentence previous? :) Or did you forget to define 2 types of UCD fan? :p

Slash/ED
06/07/2005, 3:45 PM
We're gonna win the league cup, get in. I've always said this was the islands biggest competition, and with a trophy for the winners, no wonder Cork couldn't make it this far.

Éanna
06/07/2005, 4:34 PM
it would have been nice to win the league cup, and we did go out to win last night. longford had a game plan which basically involved putting 11 men behind the ball and trying to bore everyone to tears. it was awful to watch, but they're entitled to do that if they wish. I'd love it if we'd won last night, but if going out at this stage strengthens our chances of winning the league (and I think it does) then fine

Poor Student
06/07/2005, 5:06 PM
I'm sorry, I don't speak Pale........:p

Ah, I believe it's called English. ;)

Éanna
06/07/2005, 5:48 PM
Ah, I believe it's called English. ;)
The Queen's English no less :p

OneRedArmy
06/07/2005, 5:52 PM
I'm struggling to keep up with all the hatred and bitchiness thats emerging among non-traditional rivals.

Could we develop some kind of tick-the-box matrix to indicate who hates who and if its reciprocated?

We''ll start with the easy ones first: everyone hates Shels.

It then gets complicated as Rovers claim nobody likes them (and apparently they don't care, or so the song goes) although this is complicated by the fact that Finn Harps gave the 400c a cheque recently. So do we tick every box apart from Harps, or was that simply a temporary suspension of hatred in order to get the cheque under false pretences? :confused:

Help appreciated.

PS News just in, hatred of Longford has rocketed in popularity in the space of a week. What took Corks and Rovers so long? :D

Éanna
06/07/2005, 5:55 PM
I'm struggling to keep up with all the hatred and bitchiness thats emerging among non-traditional rivals.

Could we develop some kind of tick-the-box matrix to indicate who hates who and if its reciprocated?

We''ll start with the easy ones first: everyone hates Shels.

It then gets complicated as Rovers claim nobody likes them (and apparently they don't care, or so the song goes) although this is complicated by the fact that Finn Harps gave the 400c a cheque recently. So do we tick every box apart from Harps, or was that simply a temporary suspension of hatred in order to get the cheque under false pretences? :confused:

Help appreciated.

PS News just in, hatred of Longford has rocketed in popularity in the space of a week. What took Corks and Rovers so long? :Dthis warrants a whole new thread, so I'me starting one, with a poll too :) here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=27033)

OneRedArmy
06/07/2005, 6:07 PM
this warrants a whole new thread, so I'me starting one, with a poll too :) here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=27033)

Christ, what have I started? :eek: I was speaking "slightly" tongue in cheek above. Anyway, I suppose there may be a few laughs out of it.

I wouldn't be want to be seen to be stirring up potential trouble, Longford might put me in a cage.

Poor Student
06/07/2005, 6:08 PM
Christ, what have I started? :eek: I was speaking "slightly" tongue in cheek above. Anyway, there may be a few laughs out of it.

Or it'll all end in tears. :D

Éanna
06/07/2005, 6:13 PM
I wouldn't be want to be seen to be stirring up potential trouble, Longford might put me in a cage.
LMAO :D Hell, we've had a thread on who people support, so.....

pete
06/07/2005, 9:25 PM

Would that be D or L block? ;)

superfrank
07/07/2005, 12:22 PM
"yez"???

I use it us as the plural for "you". Talking about words that don't make sense what does Wicklownian mean?? :confused: :D

I'm actually glad you brought that up. My mother is from Dungarvan and my dad is from Kerry. They both went to UCC in the late seventies so any dialect they passed onto me is from the Munster area. :D

pineapple stu
07/07/2005, 12:41 PM
I believe the adjective is "Wicklovian". Should negate any of your opinions on grammar subjects! ;)