PDA

View Full Version : Cycling tour of Belgium - bilingual gone wrong...

Gerrit
05/07/2005, 9:43 PM
http://www.sport.be/images/evenementen/rvb.jpg

No, it's not the logo for anal-intercourse.com (if that site exists ?), it's the logo of the official cycling Tour of Belgium :eek: :D

My native country is bilingual: French and Dutch. Because they did not want to let any linguistic community down they gave the competition two official names: Ronde van Belgie (Dutch) and Tour de Belgique (French).
The cyclist on the left represents the R, whereas the one on the right represents the T.
This way though it looks like the lads are a bit too involved with each other apart from cycling ;)

Typically Belgium: search a compromise between the two linguistic societies ! Of course when it goes wrong like this, we should start to seriously question our way of handling these issues, this logo cannot be good for the Belgian cycling and will make us look like fools everywhere...

Bluebeard
06/07/2005, 9:40 AM
http://www.sport.be/images/evenementen/rvb.jpg

No, it's not the logo for anal-intercourse.com (if that site exists ?)

I couldn't resist checking - that site does of course exist, in the hyphenated form you listed :eek: :eek: :eek:
Most defintely not safe for work.

Gerrit
06/07/2005, 7:46 PM
Naughty boy. Now call and order the newest Norton AntiVirus, your PC'll need it ;)

What was on the site if I may ask ? :rolleyes: :D

strangeirish
06/07/2005, 8:32 PM
Naughty boy. Now call and order the newest Norton AntiVirus, your PC'll need it ;)

What was on the site if I may ask ?

Something to do with ridin' methinks :eek: :D ;)

Bluebeard
07/07/2005, 3:20 PM
I've had them install a chip directly into the brain, something similar to the "V" chip from the South Park flick.

"V", doesn't it kind of look like a - :eek:

Jaysus, it does work. All that pain. That lovely, lovely pain - :eek:

This could prove a problem. It could make like harder - :eek: :eek:

Oh dear...

Gerrit
09/07/2005, 11:58 AM
By the way, Tom Boonen won the tour of Belgium. He now also won two laps of the Tour de France in the first week and our hopes are growing he may finish in the Green Jersey in Paris. But it will be a tough battle with McEwen.

Tour of Belgium doesn't attract the biggest names in the circuit, but it is growing. Due to amongst others linguistic battles there was no national tour for a while, but the new reincarnation seems to be received with enthousiasm and maybe a few world class cyclists are prepared to enter the tour within a few years.