PDA

View Full Version : The Shed-officially opened for Saturday night

sligoman
05/07/2005, 1:07 PM
Just heard it on ocean fm that it will be open for the Athlone game. The club said that they are sorry for any inconvenience that it caused the fans.

sligoman
05/07/2005, 1:13 PM
The club said that they are sorry for any inconvenience that it caused the fans.

Ah sure there was no inconvenience was there :rolleyes:

nephin
05/07/2005, 1:18 PM
Thats great news.
About time too.

Petmuller
05/07/2005, 3:34 PM
The big push by Sean Connor has eventually paid off.
Well done Sean!!

ali2005
05/07/2005, 3:41 PM
Glad to see it opened maybe the people with the drum will go to the shed and sing with the shedheads.

feo123
05/07/2005, 3:56 PM
DELIGHTED!! great news. well done sean. He's doing a brlliant job both on and off the pitch!!!!

Da Real Rover
05/07/2005, 4:52 PM
Brilliant news, there might actually be a bit of an atmosphere in the showgrounds again.

1 9 2 8
05/07/2005, 5:25 PM
Great news. I heard today all they did was close of the section with the crack in it which could have been done a year ago :rolleyes:

Thanks Seán for getting the shed back :D

Rory H
06/07/2005, 9:52 AM
great news.....well done sean....

Redzer
06/07/2005, 10:29 AM
surely one of the shedheads shud take the drum rather than abusing ppl like gary kelly hu forked out&put a lot of effort into getting a drum

Red til dead, explain yourself please. Who and where was gary kelly abused ?
This is the kind of statment which can lead to ill feelings at least. Perhaps Gary you would like to comment?

garykelly
06/07/2005, 1:28 PM
Red til dead, explain yourself please. Who and where was gary kelly abused ?
This is the kind of statment which can lead to ill feelings at least. Perhaps Gary you would like to comment?

Sorry Missed this post earlier.

I'm not sure red til dead is finger pointing at anyone. the word abusing is a bit stong maybe. I think redzer that red til dead is referring to earlier post's i have made on the forum, about this whole drum thing. (didnt realise it cud cos this amount of debate). Maybe I shouldnt have my real name on here. Maybe if everyone else had then they wouldnt be so much bickering between supporters.

My Post's referenced playing the drum in the jinks avenue stand, where there were people around us giving us grief over the noise :confused: but as i said at the time these supporters arent real supporters

The second outing in the main stand was ok. Nobody abused me then but as I said on here before there were negative comments aimed in our direction.

I made this posts as reasoning in reply to others who said the drum was quiet on both occassions.

Personally I dont care if anyone say's anything about me. Like i said those arent real supporters. Real supporters would welcome anyone making effort to try and help the team. For years I have simply watched games and gone home. Since last year was terrible, I decided I wanted to try and do something that could help instead of criticising the club. I have since learned that when you put yourself up to do something, there will inevitably be those who will put you down. For every appreciation, you will also get a negative. It's just the way it is.

In response to someone telling me that they'd play the drum, I went and bought it, thanks to the generous donations of other supporters. But this person could not then take on the drum with his friends, so i decided to give it a lash, cos nobody else would. I'd gladly hand it over to anyone who wants it. It wasnt purchased to outdo other supporters, drown em out or create a seperate rival bunch or get appreciation or thanks. It was simply to make extra noise with the lads who sing at every game. Something that worked well IMO in Monaghan.

So after putting flags up, taking player of month votes on saturday and talking to a few people, I will prob head over (albeit bit late)to the shed to make some noise. Anybody else who wants to hear noise at the showgrounds should come over and and make some noise too. The shed is open now so nobody has an excuse not to. No point in saying anything after the match, make it count at the match.

What cant happen is for people to come on here after the match and critisicise about lack of noise, or drum bums being no good, or shed not being full or whatever. Everyone has the chance now to show their support at the match !! Otherwise sssssh !

kkontour
06/07/2005, 2:18 PM
While I do think the drum is a good idea, I also understand that some fans may find it a bit annoying if it right beside them. I sit in the Jinx ave stand and like to comment and talk about the game to whoever is with me during the game. It is hard to do that if the drum drowns out the conversation. Now that the Shed is to be open I think the Drum would be welcome there as this was alway the noisyist part of the ground. ;)
K

Da Real Rover
06/07/2005, 5:34 PM
What cant happen is for people to come on here after the match and critisicise about lack of noise, or drum bums being no good, or shed not being full or whatever. Everyone has the chance now to show their support at the match !! Otherwise sssssh !
Well said Gary.

Shiba
06/07/2005, 9:46 PM
Thank God!Might go and join them I will nothing to complain about Now

red arrow
06/07/2005, 10:10 PM
hear is the oppurtunity that we all have being waiting for now on saturday night let yee all congregate with flags jerseys and drums and get back to the old days when there was singing and chanting and the new beat of the drum. for once and for all let shedheads and drum bums join forces and create an atmosphere that will show the appreciation to our players and make this the rebirth of the once great shrine that was feared and revered around the country. also let the t.v. cameras show off our colourful supporters on tv3 on monday night. as isaid before i cant make the match on sat night due to family reasons but i will be extremly dissapointed if i dont hear reports about how noisy the shed was. it is up to each and every one on this board to spread the word to get all noisy supporters to the shed. i well remember when the lights were switched on for the first time i was in the shed and i have a gut feelingthat with the reopening of the shed this is the beginning of something very good. all the best for sat night

sligoman
09/07/2005, 1:54 AM
SLIGO Rovers have announced that the famous 'Shed' at the Showgrounds is to be re-opened.

The Shed, one of the most popular areas of the ground with Rovers supporters for many years, had been closed due to U.E.F.A. licensing regulations and safety issues.

However, after recent repair and remedial works, the Management Committee have now confirmed that the Shed will be re-opened, as and from Saturday night's game against Athlone Town.

"The Management Committee regret any inconvenience caused to Rovers fans during their period of exile and we wish them well in their old surroundings. We hope they make plenty of noise," said Club P.R.O., Brendan Byrne.

Sligo Rovers manager, Sean Connor, has also welcomed the decision, having campaigned to have the Shed open.

"It is great to see the fans getting back into the Shed. I am now looking forward to hearing the famous 'Showgrounds roar' coming from there," he said.

REDdecky
09/07/2005, 9:08 AM
Well said Gary and you are right, Rovers fans must stick together even when we are losing so bring the drum make plenty of noise no matter where you are.The more atmostphere the better for everyone and of couse the players...I do hope the shed works out now that sean and management has it re-opened.

(
Sorry Missed this post earlier.

I'm not sure red til dead is finger pointing at anyone. the word abusing is a bit stong maybe. I think redzer that red til dead is referring to earlier post's i have made on the forum, about this whole drum thing. (didnt realise it cud cos this amount of debate). Maybe I shouldnt have my real name on here. Maybe if everyone else had then they wouldnt be so much bickering between supporters.

My Post's referenced playing the drum in the jinks avenue stand, where there were people around us giving us grief over the noise :confused: but as i said at the time these supporters arent real supporters

The second outing in the main stand was ok. Nobody abused me then but as I said on here before there were negative comments aimed in our direction.

I made this posts as reasoning in reply to others who said the drum was quiet on both occassions.

Personally I dont care if anyone say's anything about me. Like i said those arent real supporters. Real supporters would welcome anyone making effort to try and help the team. For years I have simply watched games and gone home. Since last year was terrible, I decided I wanted to try and do something that could help instead of criticising the club. I have since learned that when you put yourself up to do something, there will inevitably be those who will put you down. For every appreciation, you will also get a negative. It's just the way it is.

In response to someone telling me that they'd play the drum, I went and bought it, thanks to the generous donations of other supporters. But this person could not then take on the drum with his friends, so i decided to give it a lash, cos nobody else would. I'd gladly hand it over to anyone who wants it. It wasnt purchased to outdo other supporters, drown em out or create a seperate rival bunch or get appreciation or thanks. It was simply to make extra noise with the lads who sing at every game. Something that worked well IMO in Monaghan.

So after putting flags up, taking player of month votes on saturday and talking to a few people, I will prob head over (albeit bit late)to the shed to make some noise. Anybody else who wants to hear noise at the showgrounds should come over and and make some noise too. The shed is open now so nobody has an excuse not to. No point in saying anything after the match, make it count at the match.

red metal
09/07/2005, 9:46 AM
Im sorry lads but the shed just isnt the same since they moved the dressing rooms.i remember the **** some player use,d to get going in at half time if they were,nt doing the biz on the pitch and ref,s too.and they could not hide when they went in at half time the lad,s in tere would let player,s know they were,nt happy with the performance!I pray im wrong but it will be packed tonight but after that everyone will go back to where they allways sat this season.

Da Real Rover
09/07/2005, 9:30 PM
Im sorry lads but the shed just isnt the same since they moved the dressing rooms.i remember the **** some player use,d to get going in at half time if they were,nt doing the biz on the pitch and ref,s too.and they could not hide when they went in at half time the lad,s in tere would let player,s know they were,nt happy with the performance!I pray im wrong but it will be packed tonight but after that everyone will go back to where they allways sat this season.
I wouldnt agree with you there red metal, the shed is many peoples homes and where alot of fans have watched games at the showgrounds all there lives. Watching from the stand is crap, no atmosphere.

Conor H
10/07/2005, 2:36 PM
Well how did the shed go last night?Did yee create an atmosphere?