PDA

View Full Version : Irish players available listed below

drummerboy
05/07/2005, 12:04 PM
Here is a list of Irish players available on free transfers from their clubs, taken from PFA list.

Barry Roche (Forest) gk
Brendan McGill (Carlisle)
Brian Carey (Wrexam)
Charlie Treacy (Oldham) gk
COLIN HEALY (Sunderland)
James Lee-Matthews (Man C)
John McGrath (Kidderminster)
Kevin Mulcahy (A Villa)
Mark Quigley (Millwall)
Paul Murphy (Man C)
P ODonoghue (Spurs)
Peter Murphy (Carlisle)

Roo69
05/07/2005, 12:08 PM
Here is a list of Irish players available on free transfers from their clubs, taken from PFA list.

Barry Roche (Forest) gk
Brendan McGill (Carlisle)
Brian Carey (Wrexam)
Charlie Treacy (Oldham) gk
COLIN HEALY (Sunderland)
James Lee-Matthews (Man C)
John McGrath (Kidderminster)
Kevin Mulcahy (A Villa)
Mark Quigley (Millwall)
Paul Murphy (Man C)
P ODonoghue (Spurs)
Peter Murphy (Carlisle)

Has Peter Murphy not signed a new contract ? thought i was reading a few weeks ago that he did

drummerboy
05/07/2005, 12:29 PM
Possibly has but he is still on the PFA list as being available. Some EL clubs could use some of these players.

Risteard
05/07/2005, 1:58 PM
Let's not forget Shamrock Rovers.

Slash/ED
05/07/2005, 2:01 PM
Healy would be some signing, have Sunderland released him? That suprises me.

Krstic
05/07/2005, 2:14 PM
There are alot more Irish lads on the list than that.
Eddie Mcintyre from Derry,Liam Burns from Belfast and Sean Cooney( I think he was born in OZ but played youth footy fro Ireland)

drummerboy
05/07/2005, 2:27 PM

Still with Sunderland but they are looking to off-load him.

EnDai
05/07/2005, 2:30 PM

He's been out for 18 months or so with a broken leg. Would still be a good acquisition...

Peadar
05/07/2005, 2:35 PM
He's been out for 18 months or so with a broken leg. Would still be a good acquisition...

He should come home and get back to winning ways with the Biggest Club In Ireland. We'll sell him on to Reading for €117,000 then when he's playing his best football. ;)

Roo69
05/07/2005, 2:41 PM
He should come home and get back to winning ways with the Biggest Club In Ireland. We'll sell him on to Reading for €117,000 then when he's playing his best football. ;)

Yeah cause we all know that was great business from Cork ! :D

garykelly
05/07/2005, 3:26 PM
Still with Sunderland but they are looking to off-load him.

bad form from sunderland. poor lad broke his leg through an awful tackle (some would say assault) and then broke it again before new season started. thought the club would give him a chance and stand by him, at least to prove himself. great player and hopefully he can get back on track very soon.

If Cork did manage to get him (not that they want him just saying) he'd be the best midfielder in the league. and ye'd sell him back over for a fortune.

Risteard
05/07/2005, 3:41 PM
Reckon he's way too high-profile to come to the eL at this stage without bankrupting a club.

Slash/ED
05/07/2005, 4:24 PM
Yeah i'd be very very suprised if he came back, I'm just amazed Sunderland are trying to off load him.

A face
05/07/2005, 10:29 PM
How many of those players would offer something to an eL club .... i mean i can help feeling that some of them are just over rated and might not contribute what some people might expect. Would they be value for money ??

goattail
05/07/2005, 11:28 PM
And how many of them are to arrogant or even ignorant to 'settle' for eircom league football, most Irish who fail in England leave football or end up in some obscure semi-pro league, hardly suprising growing up with your own national broadcaster constantly telling you only English football counts.

ThatGuy
05/07/2005, 11:41 PM
From what I know about Colin Healy he is bad news (not talking about his footballing abilities)

A face
05/07/2005, 11:55 PM
From what I know about Colin Healy he is bad news (not talking about his footballing abilities)

From what i hear, you shouldn't believe all that you hear !! :mad:

I think i have hear the same as you and that is totally wrong from what i gather ..... anyway, lets not get into slinging sh!te that might be totally unfounded and keep it football.

ThatGuy
05/07/2005, 11:58 PM
Well I know why he "left" Celtic (and I'm not a celtic fan i have no interest in them or their league)