PDA

View Full Version : Tim McCann signs from Glens

dcfc_1928
04/07/2005, 1:13 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/4648497.stm

Da Real Rover
04/07/2005, 5:29 PM
He musnt be half bad after spending four seasons with the Glens. Probably cover for Burns when he goes.

1 9 2 8
04/07/2005, 5:52 PM
I was just reading the Glens forum here's some quotes about McCann transfer to Rovers

Best of luck to him, I still think unless we sign a left sided midfielder that it was a mistake letting him go

Best of luck at Sligo Tim.
Personally i think we must sign another left-sided player or our options there are worryingly weak.

Good player. Probably should of held on to him.
Best of luck at Sligo

I too wish him all the best. He and SAS worked well together.

Did we not offer him a new contract which he declined and then asked if he could speak to other teams about joining them. If this is the case I guess it depends on how much money he wanted

well from what i heard he was offered substanially lower than what he was on

Decent player
Wish him all the best

Redzer
04/07/2005, 7:35 PM
25/06/050 GLENS RUBBISH MCCANN CLAIMS
Glentoran rubbished press claims by Tim McCann regarding his release from his club contract that still has over two months to run.
In December past Tim was offered a repeat of his current two-year deal on the same terms. The club were disappointed at that time when the player turned the offer down and a number of weeks ago the player was given permission to speak with Ballymena United in the hope of securing a move to the Braidmen.
Manager Roy Coyle said, "Tim McCann phoned me last month and asked for permission to talk to Ballymena United with a view to signing for them. I give him, there and then, permission to do so and told him that I wouldn’t stand in his way of going to any club. When a manager says that to a player he knows fine well that there will be no discussions about a new contract."
Written notification has been posted to Tim regarding his contract release and the club wish him every success to securing a playing contract with another club.

sligoman
06/07/2005, 11:56 AM
From comments I've seen from Glentoran fans, it looks like McCann is best in left back. They claim that he is not a winger. Unfortunately, I cant see Low been moved to another position, can ye?

gustavo
06/07/2005, 12:02 PM
could kupono cut it at left wing?

marktis
06/07/2005, 1:19 PM
Could Low fit into centre half if Burns leaves? He is good in the air, great on the ground and not afraid to talk to those in front of him.
Anyway, just guessing now , hopefully Burns will stay.

gustavo
06/07/2005, 1:39 PM
the glens fans seem to think he is a very good left back . i suppose we will know what sean is thinking soon enough .

Da Real Rover
06/07/2005, 5:29 PM
Kupuno wouldnt be half bad at left winger, hes got pace, skill and great with his feat.

roversforever
06/07/2005, 8:04 PM
as long as he's not a replacement for kap i don't care.competition for places is good and we've got that now in the squad but i would be gutted if kap left coz he's a class player.

sligoman
06/07/2005, 8:05 PM
as long as he's not a replacement for kap i don't care.competition for places is good and we've got that now in the squad but i would be gutted if kap left coz he's a class player.

I cant see Kupono losing his place to be honest, unless McCann is really top class.