PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to....

BohsFans
03/07/2005, 11:42 PM
1. Athlone's new stadium?

2. Bray's new stand/roof?

3. Pat's new stand?

4. Dundalk's new pitch?

anyone......?

Dr.Nightdub
04/07/2005, 12:02 AM
Dunno about the other three clubs but the last I heard about our new stand, we were waiting for the Dept of Sport to agree that out of the €1m grant we got towards the stand a few years ago, we could use approx €250k on licensing-related improvements to Richmond and the rest on a scaled-down version of the stand. No work was gonna begin until we knew for sure we had the OK, one half-finished stand in south-west Dublin is plenty enough.

That was a couple of months ago, I assume the civil service are still on an extended tea-break or we'd've heard one way or the other by now.

atfconline
04/07/2005, 12:31 AM
Quote from our Stadium Project Manager in last Friday's programme against Kilkenny:

"On the Stadium itself, work has been ongoing behind the scenes. Six tenders for construction of the Main Stand were received, three of those were submitted to the Department of Arts, Sport and Tourism. Two weeks ago, our recommendation was accepted by the Department via the Office of Public Works. At present, a contract is being drawn up and we expect to sign in the next 10 to 14 days. So hopefully shortly after that construction work can commence. In addition to this actual ground works have recommenced on the second pitch following an improvement in the weather. So as you can see, to coin a certain phrase, a lot done, a lot more to do."

Fairly recent photo (http://www.iol.ie/~eganwd/atfc/images/NewPitch.jpg) of the site.

Roo69
04/07/2005, 8:14 AM

3. Pat's new stand?

4. Dundalk's new pitch?

anyone......?

Still waiting on our grant mula

sligoman
04/07/2005, 11:41 AM
Fairly recent photo (http://www.iol.ie/~eganwd/atfc/images/NewPitch.jpg) of the site.

Hey, it looks just like St.Mels does now :p :D .

gael353
04/07/2005, 3:01 PM
Hey, it looks just like St.Mels does now :p :D .

and u can see the lights of mels in the distance. theres more light in that photo then when the lights are switched on in mels. how many are working now lads? is it 20 out of 48? :rolleyes:

Wiseguy
04/07/2005, 3:38 PM
I'm involved in the Engineering part of the Athlone stadium and it is planned to build it on a phased basis.This is down to funds ( they changed the drawings so much they probably spent their budget on them ) and a success basis.

Gerrit
04/07/2005, 7:58 PM

3. Pat's new stand?

4. Dundalk's new pitch?

anyone......?

5. the pile in Tallaght :p

exile
04/07/2005, 8:15 PM
[QUOTE=BohsFans]1. Athlone's new stadium?

3. Pat's new stand?

4. Dundalk's new pitch?

anyone......?[/QUOTE

dundalks new pitch will be ready for their cup match against the drogs

Bosco
04/07/2005, 9:41 PM
:D :D
I'm involved in the Engineering part of the Athlone stadium and it is planned to build it on a phased basis.This is down to funds ( they changed the drawings so much they probably spent their budget on them ) and a success basis.

TRAITOR!!!! :D :D

Poor Student
04/07/2005, 9:41 PM
Also what's going on with Harps new ground?

harpskid
04/07/2005, 10:21 PM
Also what's going on with Harps new ground?

The club is still involved in talks with the trustees of Finn Park. The ground will hopefully be underway within the next couple of months

Wiseguy
05/07/2005, 8:56 AM
:D :D

TRAITOR!!!! :D :D

Don't worry i take all the money back to Longford :D

Macy
05/07/2005, 9:04 AM
dundalks new pitch will be ready for their cup match against the drogs
More deadlines than Tallaght, you've had more deadlines than Tallaght... :D

eamoss
05/07/2005, 12:23 PM
4. Dundalk's new pitch?

Work has only started again on the ground yesterday. Pitch should be in Dundalk this week & will take 2 weeks to lay. They have started taking down the advising boards behind the Carrick Road end of the goals. They will be starting building the new shed very soon.

btid1
05/07/2005, 7:39 PM

I think to say that they have spent their budget on the changed drawings is a slight exaggeration there now :rolleyes:

Bohs Till I Die!