PDA

View Full Version : Is THE SHED dead?

Colm
22/03/2002, 2:38 PM
Did anyone see the picture of the shed on back of the Echo the other day? It was probabley taken about 3/4 years ago. It made me realise how much the atmosphere has gone downhill in the past few seasons. Nobody seems to want to sing, or wave their flags and scarves anymore. Moses doesnt even try anymore and since Eanna f*ucked off to Germany with his bodhràn things have got even worse. Id say we're lucky if there are 10/15 at the back of the shed (and thats only the usual few) of us trying trying to get a few songs going and increase the atmosphere. You cant expect the team to perform when most of the supporters cant be bothered to sing a few songs and create a good atmosphere in the cross.

niamh
22/03/2002, 2:40 PM
You can't expect a team to perform when fans are on their back either...The Shed isn't the only place where City supporters go...
Isn't good to see its demise though.

Colm
22/03/2002, 2:59 PM
The Shed isn't the only place where city supporters go Yes but it is the only place that there will ever be a good atmosphere. Why exactley do you think that the fans are on the players backs? It baffles me, what with the teams exciting football, style and flair along with our wonderful managers non hoofing policy Citys fans have absolutley nothing to complain about.Long live THE SHED.

patsh
22/03/2002, 3:01 PM
You cant expect the team to perform when most of the supporters cant be bothered to sing a few songs and create a good atmosphere in the cross......

You can't expect a team to perform when fans are on their back either...
Well it's very hard to get any atmosphere watching the crap on the field. The team is not doing well because
[list=a] it's the fans fault for getting on the players backs
it's the fans fault for not singing and getting the team going
[/list=a]so the obvious solution is get rid of fans, and City will do well ?
Get a grip guys, the dwindling number of supporters are not to blame for the bad results on the field..... :mad:

Pablo
22/03/2002, 3:10 PM
And hopefully, Brian Lennoxs new initiatives will bring the crowds back to the X, as for Murphy, we'll have to put up with him for a while yet....

Colm
22/03/2002, 3:25 PM
Originally posted by oddboy

Well it's very hard to get any atmosphere watching the crap on the field. The team is not doing well because
[list=a] it's the fans fault for getting on the players backs
it's the fans fault for not singing and getting the team going
[/list=a]so the obvious solution is get rid of fans, and City will do well ?
Get a grip guys, the dwindling number of supporters are not to blame for the bad results on the field..... :mad: Thats not the point I was trying to make, I was trying to point out how crap the atmosphere has become. Oddboy, I reckon that your one of the people that does not get behind the team and does not participate in the atmosphere in anyway. So dont tell me to get a grip because I am one of the small few who does participate.

patsh
22/03/2002, 4:09 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Oddboy, I reckon that your one of the people that does not get behind the team and does not participate in the atmosphere in anyway. You know nothing about me, so your reckonings are worthless.
You do whatever you want at games, and I'll watch the game my way....;)
There are more ways of supporting a team than simply making noise............. :)

Gary
22/03/2002, 5:18 PM
we'll only sing if we are winning. Thats the problem. We dont win. Even if the team were playing well, there would be more vocals. Remember the Rovers game in Sept. The second half of that was the best of the season, everyone, not just the Shi*e were singing and roaring the team on. Hope it comes back soon, but Im not sure will it happen again for a long time.

Éanna
23/03/2002, 1:12 PM
That's it, &%(&$ my degree /%$§ Germany /()% my job- the Shed needs me, I'll be back tomorrow lads ;) Seriously, it's been drving me mad the way things have gone. Dunno what the solution is :confused:

ccfcman
23/03/2002, 1:13 PM
lets hope the lights bring the life back into the shed

Colm
23/03/2002, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by GWA
we'll only sing if we are winning. Thats the problem. We dont win. Even if the team were playing well, there would be more vocals. You are absolutley right GWA, we do only sing when we're winning. There is only ever a good atmosphere if we are playing well against one of the big teams. I cant see that there will be a good atmospere tomorrow, no matter how well we play against Monaghan.

Colm
23/03/2002, 1:22 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
it's been drving me mad the way things have gone. Im glad someone feels the same as me! You the man Eanna.

ccfcman
24/03/2002, 9:01 AM
Originally posted by COLM
You are absolutley right GWA, we do only sing when we're winning. There is only ever a good atmosphere if we are playing well against one of the big teams. I cant see that there will be a good atmospere tomorrow, no matter how well we play against Monaghan. id agree there but even when city are down there are minor chants

pete
24/03/2002, 10:41 PM
If they cover the st annes end that can be the mature (i.e. over 15) supporters new Shed.

James
24/03/2002, 10:42 PM
"yea the shed is the peter pan of irish soccer"

my vote for foot.ie quote/post of the season

good man peadar

Éanna
25/03/2002, 2:43 PM
maybe if they cover the st annes all the kids can go there instead. what u really need for athmosphere is a roofed terrace, therefore the shed is the only option.

pete
25/03/2002, 4:06 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
maybe if they cover the st annes all the kids can go there instead. what u really need for athmosphere is a roofed terrace, therefore the shed is the only option.

Terraces are ok when you a teenager but when get closer to 30 seats are handy to save the old knees.

;)

Colm
25/03/2002, 4:23 PM
Originally posted by pete
If they cover the st annes end that can be the mature (i.e. over 15) supporters new Shed. You will not get much of an atmosphere in the st.annes end, there will always be a better atmosphere in a terraced area than a seated area. As for the shed being for people under 15, thats bull****. Im certainley well over the age of 15 as are most of the people I know who go to the shed. I would say that at least 90% of those in the shed are well beyond the age of 15.

A face
25/03/2002, 4:46 PM
is to join in, .... when you hear a chant, join in and clap (at the rightr time obviously though :D ) And it might catch on. Seriously lads .... thats where it actually starts everything else is a bonus, if everyone was vocal with positive support for the team/good piece of play, then you would see it catching. But there is nothing worse to kill an atmosphere than abuse. I think we can all agree on that one by now .... If the covered the St Annes end you might see a divide, but birds of a feather .... the people that give good support would soon end up side by side again.

Just one point ... cant have flares in St Annes end (not that we would have them or anything :D , i am merely pointing it out )

Colm
25/03/2002, 4:52 PM
Obviousley we would never have flares, but i have to agree that if somebody were to bring flares they couldnt have them in the st.annes end.