PDA

View Full Version : Where in Dublin could I find...

Libero
03/07/2005, 12:11 PM
Irn Bru? (That horrible Scottish sugary soft-drink).
My brother was over in Dundee for a week and became seriously addicted to the stuff. He's been asking me to find it for him in Dublin but I cannot. Anyone seen it on sale in Dublin?

liam88
03/07/2005, 12:19 PM
My brother was over in Dundee for a week and became seriously addicted to the stuff. He's been asking me to find it for him in Dublin but I cannot. Anyone seen it on sale in Dublin?

Ahh Irn Bru-used to drink 3 litre bottles of this at parties! Brilliant stuff-one night I got through a whole bottle and dancing to Flooging Molly woke up at 3 the morning with some serious stomach pains :D
Not sure about Dublin but the sell loads of it at the shop round the corner. Come over to Celtic vs Fulham and i'll bring you up a couple of bottles :D

Drumcondra Red
03/07/2005, 12:22 PM
Its fairly widely available, I know for a fact that they sell it in the Spar in Drumcondra, so maybe most Spar's have it???

Libero
03/07/2005, 12:35 PM
Ahh Irn Bru-used to drink 3 litre bottles of this at parties! Brilliant stuff-one night I got through a whole bottle and dancing to Flooging Molly woke up at 3 the morning with some serious stomach pains :D
Not sure about Dublin but the sell loads of it at the shop round the corner. Come over to Celtic vs Fulham and i'll bring you up a couple of bottles :D

Very entertaining post there Liam!
I was at Celtic V Dundee this year (A midweek 3-0 win) and that's when I tasted it. I have to say I thought it was horrible but I guess it's an acquired taste.

Libero
03/07/2005, 12:38 PM
Its fairly widely available, I know for a fact that they sell it in the Spar in Drumcondra, so maybe most Spar's have it???

Thanks for that D Red, I'll be checking that out later on.

anto eile
03/07/2005, 1:12 PM
dunnes stores sell it, or at least used to do it.
its easy enough to find

dcfcsteve
03/07/2005, 1:48 PM
Great drink. Scotland is the only place in the world where Coca-Cola isn't the number one selling carbonated soft drink. Guess what is..... :)

It's a tremendous hangover cure, by the way...

Éanna
04/07/2005, 12:47 PM
I think Tesco do it as well. The staple drink of a certain Derry-born CCFC fan around these parts- HI :)

Lionel Ritchie
04/07/2005, 2:31 PM
any tesco or lidl. love the stuff ...anyone remember the ad years ago with the kid building a submarine and carrying tonnes of steel and spitting rivets into place?

Ash
04/07/2005, 3:10 PM
Hey Libero, get back to Athlone and you can get it in Griffens :)

Neish
04/07/2005, 5:55 PM
Don't be dissing the Bru man, lovely stuff

Gerrit
04/07/2005, 8:23 PM
I would die for sweet Cherry Coca-Cola again... You find them in every single Liverpudlian store, and I have never ever seen them on this island :eek:

Drumcondra Red
04/07/2005, 10:12 PM
I would die for sweet Cherry Coca-Cola again... You find them in every single Liverpudlian store, and I have never ever seen them on this island :eek:

Thats cause its manky!!!

ThatGuy
05/07/2005, 11:25 PM
odd-bins off-license chain sell it. Unfortunaltely some clown mistook it for a can of orange I sent him off to get. :mad:

ciaran76
06/07/2005, 7:38 AM

They sell it in a Cafe Kenya in Swords (Airside Bus. park) :)

Gareth
06/07/2005, 7:56 AM

Its in loads of shops. It was in a lot of Spars and Centra's last year for ages. Dr. Pepper use to be hard to find too. Now its everywhere. I use to be addicted until I stopped drinking most of them drinks. I would drink Cherry 7up, Pepper, Cherry Cola, Vanilla Coke. Now if I was pushing the boat out its Coke or 7up. :)

EnDai
06/07/2005, 8:05 AM
Boost! Boost! Boost! Booooooooooooost! :eek: :D Best (non-alco) drink eveeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrr! Then add Vodka, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :cool: