PDA

View Full Version : The Best team in the country - FACT

Counting Crow
02/07/2005, 9:09 AM
At the moment the stats don't lie.

It was fantastic to hear Eoin Hand "gushing" over us last night on RTE. Saying "when Cork play like this they are a joy to watch, with their free flowing football. Very few Teams can live with the leaders when they are in this form".

Too f**king right Eoin me boy, too right.

The stats:
- Top of the League
- Record number of points for this stage of the season
- Highest number of goals scored in the League
- +19 goal difference, at this stage of the season.....FFS, that's awsome.
- Best defence in the League
- Best fans in the League (highest home gates and biggest away following consitently over 8 away games)

........oh yeah, and the best player in League in..... George O'Callaghan.

LEGEND.

ccfcgirl
02/07/2005, 9:44 AM

It was fantastic to hear Eoin Hand "gushing" over us last night on RTE. Saying "when Cork play like this they are a joy to watch, with their free flowing football. Very few Teams can live with the leaders when they are in this form".

The stats:
- Top of the League
- Best fans in the League (highest home gates and biggest away following consitently over 8 away games)

LEGEND.I wouldn't argue with one point you made there.Brilliant stuff all-together .

MariborKev
02/07/2005, 10:45 AM

Check out the threads on here, as the Rebel Army(TM) are thought of as highly, but not the best ;)

pete
02/07/2005, 10:57 AM
Check out the threads on here, as the Rebel Army(TM) are thought of as highly, but not the best ;)

Its a pity the 2 cities are so far away that makes hard to get big away support at the cross & brandywell.

I think our home form is average but when see how brilliant we are away from the cross don't need great home form.

I know it doesn't matter for league table if beat UCD by 1 or 4 goals but is great for moral.

If teams below them were to win agmes in hand Shels could find themselves in 5th place! :eek:

superfrank
02/07/2005, 11:02 AM
You have the most fans consistently at your matches, doesn't necessarily mean you have the best fans in the league.

pete
02/07/2005, 11:06 AM
This best fans crap debate deflects from clearly best team.

Obviously if we continue like this will win the league. Maybe only injury can stop us? Great position to be in knowing meerly have to avoid defeat to rivals.

Dazzy
02/07/2005, 11:11 AM
Well im hoping we will beat you at the Brandy and keep the form going, will set it up nicely for the last day :D

pete
02/07/2005, 11:14 AM
Well im hoping we will beat you at the Brandy and keep the form going, will set it up nicely for the last day :D

I'm sure would be good to have big title winning City v City game but could be over by then ;)

Derry City will have to get ckoser to city when we have league games postponed for Uefa Cup.

Dazzy
02/07/2005, 11:42 AM
If not id be happy with a cup double and 2nd place :D
As long as shels dont win anything :D

Ruairi
02/07/2005, 12:07 PM

Amen to that!

Éanna
02/07/2005, 4:47 PM
If not id be happy with a cup double and 2nd place :D
you said it :D can't wait for my weekend in derry in august

Sonic
02/07/2005, 5:10 PM
My god DERRY CITY second in the table.By jeez what a manager that man kenny is!!!A legend among the less deluded ltfc fans.Got us to where we are 2day with a bunch of no hopers and look what he is doing with Derry.Won the league with Bohs and was sacked just cuse he lost a uefa cuop game NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dazzy
02/07/2005, 5:23 PM
It was Bohs' loss, for players like Delaney and Murphy who failed to preform last season, SK is bringing the best out of him. Delaney has already put in some fantastic performances alongside Pizza.

dancinpants
02/07/2005, 6:04 PM

The stats:
- Top of the League

LEGEND.

:rolleyes: OK I'll tell ye what - if ye come out of your next two games (Bohs at home and Drogs away) with full points THEN ye can start getting really confident. And even after those two games your still a game shy of the seasons half way point - and even then there's still a whopping 54 points to play for ;) . I just think its gas that some of ye lads are almost convinced after 15 games!!!

jorge
02/07/2005, 7:37 PM
You Cork lads ARE getting ahead of yourselves,go down a notch(15 games played,15)

higgins
03/07/2005, 5:44 PM
Sure dont mind them..

Even when we won the league last year and Pat Dolan said that Cork were still the best team some of them agreed with him?? They change the rules daily

patsh
04/07/2005, 6:57 AM
They change the rules daily
Don't you mean Oily changes the rules daily?...:D

paudie
04/07/2005, 8:37 AM
I hate to see these threads to be honest.

We are the best team so far this season but we haven't won anything yet. We have to play Shels Derry Bohs and Drogs twice in the league.

Our last two games in the league are against Shels and Derry.

What I'm trying to say is that its great that we're playing so well and I wouldn't swap our position with any other team but its too early to be counting any chickens.

rebs23
04/07/2005, 8:38 AM
Shut up lads you'll pox us for fxxk sake!!