PDA

View Full Version : Fair Play Colm Tresson

Stevo Da Gull
01/07/2005, 11:08 PM
After the match, a 3-0 defeat, the players are leaving the field when Tresson got the attention of the Bray players that had'nt already walked off the pitch and applauded the fans (who to our credit had if not sang our hearts out then at least sang our throats soar), every1 else was understandebly (spelling) down and wanted to get back to the dressing room but Colly made sure to applaud us and I just wanted to say how appreciated it is. I know that this sort of thing is common in football but it was nice to see him notice us and take the time to aknowledge us and drag some team-mates with him, not sure if anything on here gets back to the players but sure anyway: Thanks Daz :ball:

On another note our performance tonight was an improvement on recent weeks (and McGovern had a good debut IMO) but unfortunately the Drogs were superior. Still though, I'm feeling up-beat :)

superfrank
01/07/2005, 11:14 PM
Mines still sore and I've been drinking water since I got back!

Fair play to Daz though. Tyrell and McGovern played well and at least McGrory had the chance to play a good few minutes. Skippy was a bit dodgy tonight though. Just saying.

PS I thought you wrote 'I'm feeling beat-up' :D I'm tired after the bus!

fan_1
02/07/2005, 9:36 AM
thought we done well in the first half.skippy was very dodgy though. we lost it in the second half after they got there 2nd. but we played some good football at times overall.pip was not at his best.mcgovern done well but looks a bit slow.also o'reilly and fox had decent games. the match was an improvement overall

Bray Head
02/07/2005, 1:59 PM
We were 2nd best to Drogheda in every department. I can't remember us having a shot to trouble Dan Connor. Skippy was dodgey but we don't have a 2nd keeper to challenge him. Fair play to Tresson for bringing over some of the younger players to the fans at the end. Next two games are crucial, Longford (home) and away to Waterford the following week. Hopefully our injury list will improve - Longer, Giffy, McGuinness, Jody & O'Hanlon were all out last night and would make the starting 11 every week if fit. McGrory should be given a chance up front now instead of 5 - 10 mins every week.

superfrank
02/07/2005, 3:43 PM
Hannigan is supposed to be good. I'd like to see him play sometime soon. He seemed very impressed by our singing last night.

Stevo Da Gull
02/07/2005, 4:03 PM
mcgovern done well but looks a bit slow.

I thought that he looked faster than Wes is.
Pip did'nt look comfortable at centre back which is'nt surprising, agree that Foxy done well, presuming that Jody will be back soon I'm confident that our defence will improve.

Will McGoveern be allowed play -V- Longford? (I presume not :confused: )

KR's Post
03/07/2005, 7:28 PM
Mcgov i thought had a bit of pace alright!!!! Beaten by a far better team so i'm not upset..... We sang for 25 mins non-stop friday and my head was thumping after it!!!!!! It was fantastic though, all that singing and fair play to Daz and the lads for coming over at the end, because after a result like that they must have felt downbeat. Zayed storms off once again as usual... :mad:

Rocky Rules
03/07/2005, 9:22 PM
Zayed a great striker (potentially) but subject to "fits of the vapours) likes it his way.
What do existing midfield as well as those trying to get in from 21s thik of arrival of "wonderkids" (Tyrell, Sinnott etc) ahead of them? Arent there just too many players now ( for both squads)? Clearout coming, may include some who've never got their chance. Good to see young Zambra get a few minutes tho'

Cosmo
04/07/2005, 8:38 AM
Eh, what did ye think of the dude on the pitch at half time? :o

Roo69
04/07/2005, 8:58 AM
Eh, what did ye think of the dude on the pitch at half time? :o

He was just embarresing himself and Drogheda United Football Club, cringe worthy stuff altogether.

Why ?

Cosmo
04/07/2005, 9:47 AM
Just wanted an opposing supporters view on it.

Every drogs will agree with ye, its an embarrassment - hope its stopped straight away :o

KR's Post
04/07/2005, 4:41 PM
Couldn't believe him.... Get someone young at least and with a bit of enthusiasm.... P.S. Sorry Cosmo, went to the wrong pub. We passed Mother Hughes and just kept on going!!! :eek: Thanks for the print. :)